your equine hero when you were growing up

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I had a big poster of Ryans Son on my bedroom wall. I'm pretty sure it was from Horse and Pony magazine, as they did the centre page as a pull out poster, and my bedroom was covered in them :).

Lexie81

Visit site
I loved Milton! But my absolute favourite was Mary King's King William, I got to meet him and Mary at Badminton when i was about 12 and i nearly wet myself. He was just as gorgeous in the flesh!

Balibee

Visit site
The first horse I fell in love with was Ryans Son.

Milton
Diester
Night Cap
Priceless
Be Fair
murphy Himself
Sefton

My favourite SJ's were/are John and Michael, Geoff Billington, Ludger Beerbaum.
Eventers, Ginny Leng, Lucinda P-P, Ian Stark and Mark Todd

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
I loved Milton! But my absolute favourite was Mary King's King William,

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOOO!!!! I love Mary King, I actually do, she is so lovely in flesh too, I even got to me the legendary Impy last year at Highclere and I was chatting to her about his round (He was there this year but was a little excited). Oh man, Mary King is my Utter Heroine. But I also have a massive soft spot for Pippa Funnel and Bits and Pieces. That little guy was AMAZING too.

humblepie

Visit site
Another Diester, glad to see so many mentions of him (albeit I was grown up by then!)

Also Psalm and Pennwood Forge Mill - was at HOYS the year he won the GP and nearly brought the house down.

Balibee

Visit site
You couldn't help but love Paul Schockemöhle and Deister. They were a classic pairing.

I was only about 11 or 12 when he was at his best but I used to love watching them.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
I had a big poster of Ryans Son on my bedroom wall. I'm pretty sure it was from Horse and Pony magazine, as they did the centre page as a pull out poster, and my bedroom was covered in them :).

I had that too! I even wrote to Jim'll Fix It to ask if I could meet him, but I never did :(

Def Ryans Son for me and then Milton. I went to the 'Simply the Best' tour with John Whitaker and Geoff Billington way back in 1994 and JW rode Milton into the arena wand me and friend both cried, it was amazing. My claim to fame that day was as Milton cantered past me a bit of the surface flicked up and hit me on the arm!!
I got a signed t shirt that day and still have it now...

Allie5

Visit site
Murphy Himself
Bits and Pieces
King William
Milton

Current faves are
Apache Sauce
Opposition Buzz
Shutterfly
Glasgow

oooh I also had a real soft spot for Downlands Cancarra! So much so at the grand age of 28 I got my very own black horse!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Legal Democrat and Milton.

Legal Democrat was my favourite ever dressage horse, I was at Addington once with Bar and she was warming up for the GP, Carl was in there on Legal Democrat along with a few other top riders. Something spooked all the horses and they all bolted to the other end of the school, Carl was halfway through a pirouette and his horse just carried on and stood there like nothing had happened! Carl was laughing and patting him for being such a good boy :)
I even managed to pat him that day too, just after that. I didn't wash my hand for ages lol!

cronkmooar

Visit site
Ryans Son, Philco, Boomerang, Marius, Milton, Diester, Oki Doki

Racehorse wise I liked Red Rum, Pendil, Desert Orchid

I'll prob remember a few more later!

Glad someone else put Boomerang - he was an absolute star. I watched him at Dublin one year and its still one of my faviourite things I look back on

Kat

Visit site
I can't believe no one has mentioned Charisma yet!!!!!

He was one of my favourites. And Milton of course!

I remember the posters of the famous horses on the back of Horse Sense Magazine..... the ones of Priceless, Get Smart, Aldaniti, Ryan's Son stick in my memory most, but I pretty much loved anything on four legs and didn't really have favourites.