Your HHO Journey...

Shantara

Visit site
So, I was thinking about how much I've learnt on this site and how far I've come!

I think I had a rocky start. Many a thread deleted...many a sleepless night...

but now I feel I fit in a little more, Ned has a bit of a fan base and most things seem to be positive and super constructive :D I've made some really good friends too, which is great!

Maybe I'm feeling a little emotional after today's good news, I don't know...I just want to thank you guys really :) You're all amazing.

Tell us your HHO story!

WelshD

Visit site
I have also learned so much through this site. I have only had a couple of bad times and in the main dont think its a particularly bitchy forum - just full of strong characters :p

I didnt have the ponies when i joined, i posted a couple of 'do I dont I' threads but it took me nearly four years to take the plunge and buy

JFTDWS

Visit site
You just wouldn't leave ;)

I started quietly, posted more when it was the good old days of rhino et al. and the men's jodhs / bar threads. Posted a fair bit about Fergs over the years, and had my fair share of disagreements, in jokes, met some great people from here and generally got a lot from this place.

However, since everything changed this summer, I'm feeling less and less like I fit in here, but haven't quite found somewhere new to waste my life!

Shantara

Visit site
You just wouldn't leave ;)

I started quietly, posted more when it was the good old days of rhino et al. and the men's jodhs / bar threads. Posted a fair bit about Fergs over the years, and had my fair share of disagreements, in jokes, met some great people from here and generally got a lot from this place.

However, since everything changed this summer, I'm feeling less and less like I fit in here, but haven't quite found somewhere new to waste my life!

Haha! Y'all won't get rid of me too easily ;P

Aw no! I like hearing about your adventures, it gives me ideas!

Pigeon

Visit site
Eight years ago I joined, I just realised. Crazy!

Learnt a lot I think/hope. And been called a troll a couple of times! :p

Caol Ila

Visit site
I joined when I needed to ask about livery yards in my area. Lurked occasionally but didn't write much. Then I finished my PhD and hence had more time to kill on the internet. Also, the other horsey forum I used to hang about on went thoroughly to pot and all the interesting posters left or got banned. So I started becoming more active on this one.

Arizahn

Visit site
Death, miscarriage, horse that tanked off during viewing, horse with dodgy passport, horse that turned out to be not as described re health, pink headcollar, jaffa cakes, not knowing who Heather Moffet was, more jaffa cakes, a bizarre scheme to steal Matt Smith, owls, near death x2, unexpected puppies, bankruptcy, health scare, crisis of confidence, sale of horse, another miscarriage, horse's lovely new owner traced me to ask about her, help finding lovely new instructor, serious family issues, purchase of yearling, yard from hell, perfect yard, some dodgy sellers out there, winter grazing, present time...

In a nutshell! :D

Arniebear

Visit site
I still lurk more than i post, but i have learnt somethings i never knew and also that you should take what people say with a pinch of salt at times!! Ive deleted a many posts and replys but we live and learn :)

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site

obeyhypnosmiley.gif
You do feel that you fit in on HHO! You want to stay on HHO!
obeyhypnosmiley.gif

Lolo

Visit site
I joined ages ago, when I still had my old boy and my little sister was riding ponies. I almost exclusively posted in CR though, and only really began posting properly when my sister got her ex-racer as it was so scary! I have found some really lovely friends on here, who I message a lot on fb and meet up with at comps when possible. In the time I've been on here I've had some real lows and highs, from all the support when we lost Cheeky and then Bee and all the help and advice we've had about Reg to someone being less than polite about Al and being harassed about the amazing Smokes... Who we wouldn't own without HHO!!

There are some amazing people in CR who have given Al some fairly big boosts when she's been down or struggling with some well timed words and gentle shoves, she's off at a top eventer's yard atm being a WP, and a lot of me thinks her confidence in piping up and daring to ask came from 2 members in particular telling her to aim as high as she could and not think she wasn't good enough.

All in all, my experience on HHO has been overwhelmingly positive. I haven't really ever had a proper run in or been called a troll, despite starting posting from when I was 14 or 15. I've only ever been offered a lot of help and advice and gentle hugs when it's all gone very wrong! My whole family (barring my brother) lurks on here, and have a lot of input in what I post too :)

Bernster

Visit site
Learnt loads, giggled at some, raised my eyebrows at others, got some tips on yards, feed, hacking, jumping, balance, loading and napping, met some nice online folks, tried to avoid getting into rows or negative threads, learnt what a troll was.

Now a semi-ignorant expert in lots of topics. Bought my horse from a HHOer.

And maybe having my first real life encounter soon with some HHO peeps!

Capriole

Visit site
HHO journey? Pmsl. Feeling all X-Factor now, lol!

Joined back in the midsts of time, probably after doing a search for something and coming up with HHO, don't really remember. Had a break, forgot account details so made this account, carried on as normal. Sometimes I post, sometimes I don't post for ages. Nothing particularly exciting I can think of really, I just see it as a forum to waste some time on, it's not been lifechanging or anything.:redface3:

Mariposa

Visit site
Joined as I have read H&H for years, lurked on here for some time. Although I'm polo so I can't really join in with all the discussions, I like to think the fundamentals are the same! Some HHO feeding advice made the biggest difference to our feeding regime for one of our ponies, totally changed the mare from a nice little thing to a superstar, so i have lots to thanks that HHO for! Although came on here asking for advice on retirement livery, and found a perfect home for our lovely old girl to retire to :) And when we went to Royal Windsor the HHO forum was a livesaver and gave such good advice, helped the nerves a bit!!

Visit site
I've been on here for eight years now! Started out as a Common Roomer with all the young ones (I was 14) and gradually moved into here as I felt I had become too old for the Common Room. :) I've learnt a lot on here over the years and also had a lot of fun.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Aw no! I like hearing about your adventures, it gives me ideas!

obeyhypnosmiley.gif
You do feel that you fit in on HHO! You want to stay on HHO!
obeyhypnosmiley.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm not flouncing off! I'm not even leaving. Just acknowledging that I feel like the best of my time here is in the past. I spend more time writing replies and deleting them because I just know that I've had the same discussion time after time and nobody cares anymore - and the stuff I do post is either inconsequential rubbish or off on a tangent. Realistically I started here to procrastinate working on my PhD. And lately I've found myself doing corrections on the thesis because I don't want to look on here - I've come full circle.

That said, FLH's grasp of smilies is always a lure onto this place ;)

benson21

Visit site
I first came on here when we were having problems with a new horse , and we felt we had been done over by the dealer (long story!!) but just a few months after first being on here, I had my accident, and this place was like a rock to me. I had so much support from here, listening to me feeling very very sorry for myself, I was in a very very bad place back then!! but HHO got me through it, and without knowing who 99% of you are, I have made some amazing friends!

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
My HHO journey:

I lurked for a while, then I both felt that I couldn't keep my mouth shut any more + I got curious about references to threads in what is now called the Club House, so I registered =

I sometimes disagree with other members
(
bitchfight.gif
/
rant.gif
/
ignore-smiley.gif
),

I've sometimes apologised for misunderstanding/misreading someone's post
(
a010.gif
),

I've had to ask HHO Admin with help because my HHO clock was broken
(I felt like this
k045.gif
, it was something in my setting options that I had to change),

I've posted a whining post to HHO Admin, when HHO for a short while only permitted a handful smilies per reply
(which made me react like this
overreactsmiley.gif
),

I may have drenched some HHO:ers threads in smilies, graphics and similar, which I thought was suitable for the subject
(
e010.gif
:redface3: ),

I've discovered that I have a "slight" smiley addiction...
( :redface3:, but look at this smiley
puppy_eyes.png
, those eyes practically begs about being posted in a reply)

But this far, HHO Admin have not felt the need to slap my wrist for anything that I've posted on HHO
(
a015.gif
)

:D

P.S. A journey, that is like travelling is it not? And you wouldn't travel without a purse, would you? So on the subject of purses...

enhanced-buzz-12191-1382477783-18.jpg

Ladyinred

Visit site
After being told what a scary place HHO was I had to come see for myself. his was several forum changes ago, and boy, was it ever confusing. I didn't join at that point, just kept reading.

2007 found me unable to sit on my hands over something or the other so I joined up.. just for the one post, like you do lol. I really didn't post much for several years but then I got ill and had a lot of time on my hands and sort of.. well.. got addicted!

Took me a while to learn that there are threads it's best not to get involved with, and people it's best to avoid. As in real life, I guess. But now I have made some wonderful friends on here and we have our own very private group where we put the world to rights and give each other support when needed. Without HHO I would never have known any of them.

Had a lot of fun with the infamous 'having triplets' troll on the Truth or Dare post... made me have a couple of all-nighters as it was so fast and furious. Had many edge of my seat moments with the Tessy Bear thread, often popping down in the early hours to see if anything was happening. And have shared many highs and lows with so many of you; and, for someone who questioned on Club House whether the emotions and sympathy shown by people are genuine, I have to say mine are.. or I don't comment.

Don't go much on the new format and have great difficulty typing answers as for some reason letters are constantly missed, which doesn't happen anywhere else so I have to conclude its a new format problem. A lot of very good people have vanished this year... Rhino and Littlelegs and Alec Swan, Pedantic to name just four. They are all missed for their unique contributions, whether I agreed with them or not.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm not flouncing off! I'm not even leaving. Just acknowledging that I feel like the best of my time here is in the past. I spend more time writing replies and deleting them because I just know that I've had the same discussion time after time and nobody cares anymore - and the stuff I do post is either inconsequential rubbish or off on a tangent. Realistically I started here to procrastinate working on my PhD. And lately I've found myself doing corrections on the thesis because I don't want to look on here - I've come full circle.

That said, FLH's grasp of smilies is always a lure onto this place ;)

d045.gif
Thank you.

As long as you're not flouncing, I'm happy. :D

:wink3:
procrastination_poster-rff1229eab10848588239acab47f16993_qu6_8byvr_512.jpg

And as often, there is those that procrastinate much better than most of us

images

cat-computer-keyboard.jpg

And they probably have a better excuse than us too

134756213820088900HiJAgVurc.jpg

Ibblebibble

Visit site
it's a strange place, love it or hate it, it's addictive, although less so since the changeover and the absence of some old regular posters whose advice was always spot on.

risky business

Visit site
I lurked here for ages but never really posted. I used to stick to the more quiet forums.

Then I started to like how many posts ended up here every time I visited they were different so always something interesting to read.

I post a bit more now days although I tend to post boring things in club house seems I don't own a horse anymore.

Adopter

Visit site
I joined after getting back into ponies with my two Blue Cross youngsters.

I had never kept ponies or horses out 24/7 before despite having first had my first pony nearly sixty years ago. Reading others experiences was reassuring.

I have found the generous way other people share their experiences really helpful, and we are never too old to learn. How to join and contribute on a forum was a challenge to a retired person like myself, as others sometimes I delete rather than reply.

I try to be positive and not negative with other posters, but I do wonder sometimes what quality of life some horses and ponies really have.

B_2_B

Visit site
I joined ages ago too!
I've also learned so so much, probably more than I realise as well! Had some great advice but mainly I just enjoy sharing our animals stories and photos :)
I was probably a bit of an annoying teenager when I first joined, I remember being involved in several of the "no children in Soapbox" debates ;) But mostly I've had great fun, certain threads in Soapbox used to be great time wasters of an evening!

I've also made some great friends over the years through here :D

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Agree with the above.....I feel all odd looking through here since its changed!!

I have learnt a lot, made some good friends and some have even come be fb friends which is nice.

oohhh which reminds me Chan were did you get Neds reflective ears? I swear I saw you post a pic with some on him.