Yours are all out naked..... Right?

Mongoose11

Visit site
:eek:

So, cob is out naked, she could shed some pounds, she also has a muzzle on (never without it this time of year). She was last fully clipped in April. You'd have left her naked too.... Right? :eek:

*well aware I'm being a knob, just checking up on others* :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HayleyDL

Visit site
Yep. Mines been naked the last few nights. Unclipped but with a really fine summer coat and only just got weight back on him.

Natz88

Visit site
Mine are rugless day & night along with everyone else on the yard. So nice to go up & see them all grazing/sleeping in glorious sunshine with no rugs finally :D

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Yep, even my little old lady, as for the first time ever she is carrying too much weight!!! :eek: Shiver the fat off an all that :D

To add she is actually warm enough, lovely to see them all rugless apart from some fly protection.
x x

Last edited:

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
My IDxTB has a sheet on as there's no natural shelter, and due to go down to 8 here tonight. But there are others out naked, so I'm sure she will be fine :)

Lolo

Visit site
I think the poncey ponies have fly rugs on, but otherwise yes :D

Poncey ponies need fly rugs in an effort to prevent them bleaching because they show, and when they bleach their coats look starey.

Mongoose11

Visit site
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! rugged????????

Well as she hasn't got much of a coat, is clipped, least hairy cob I know and it is down to 7 here tonight, with a cold wind, I had a very brief thought that I should have put a rain sheet on her :eek:

But don't panic, I assure you that she's out and naked. I just almost caved because I went out to the garden and it was bloody cold!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
"Down" to 7? This is a horse we're talking about, yes? In the winter mine don't get a rug on unless it's -2 (they are not clipped), in the spring (or when it's more than -2) they go out in all weathers as is. What are we, dressing dollies?

Mongoose11

Visit site
"Down" to 7? This is a horse we're talking about, yes? In the winter mine don't get a rug on unless it's -2 (they are not clipped), in the spring (or when it's more than -2) they go out in all weathers as is. What are we, dressing dollies?

'down' to 7 rather than the 12 of last night so that is 'down' :eek:

Ok, so yours aren't clipped so minus 2 is good for them. My clipped out cob was shivering (pathetically) as I changed her rugs at about 2 degrees!

When will you people recognise that all sense goes out of the window when I am dealing with the beloved Olive? If this was anyone else's thread I would be saying 'get a grip woman, don't you dare rug her'.

chesnut90

Visit site
My boy is out just been clipped last week totally naked! He prefers it so much, lowest at night at moment it about 11degrees here.

ihatework

Visit site
Why oh why are horses rugged now??? They're horses not naked people!!!

Shoot me now, I have a very thin skinned and sensitive competition horse that is lightly rugged.

Compare that to my other one that has spent the entire winter out 24/7 unrugged ...

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Actually one of mine would be rugged as well if he were out tonight. Five would be out naked but this is a thin-skinned elderly 15/16ths TB who hasn't picked up as well as I'd have liked him to, he's a bit arthritic and feels the cold so when the temperature dips on goes his rug. He makes it very obvious when he's cold and gets thoroughly grumpy and miserable. I see no reason why he should suffer for my principles!

Everyone was out naked last night though:) That's one full TB, two high % TBX, my yearling who's half TB and my 30yo Welsh plus the skinny arthritic boy.