You've gotta give this girl some credit!!

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rid04xNxgaY

I wouldn't have got back on
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Amusing if nothing else
wink.gif

Izzwizz

Visit site
Wow and I thought my mare was being a little lively. !!! Been on box rest for 11 months now and being brought back into work after tear to DDFT. Shes fine until we seen horses in fields that do anything more than look at her. If they run she wants to as well. Someone was having a very fast canter round our arena yesterday and jumping 1 jump over and over, started shouting and making lots of noise. Upset Izzy and up we went then back legs went up. So glad
I stayed on but nothing like this video clip. Like how she kept upright, good to watch for tips if nothing else.

philamena

Visit site
Looks like fun ;-)

Did anyone else find yourself riding it with her when you watched it? Just made my OH watch it and he said: 'why are you rocking like you're on it?' Can't help it, get the same watching people riding on TV...!

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Blimey O Reilly, that's some mean ole bucks going on there! I'd be off like a catapult! Horse certainly looks fine physically and is showing no lameness but it doesn't just like it's got a hyper brain to me, as the girl says in her comment. It's trying to say something.

flossy_123

Visit site
WOW!!
shocked.gif
! reminds me of my youngster when i first got him back from being broken in, the girl did more damage then good! when mine did that she got off and put him back in the stable and said that will do 4 today...!
frown.gif
anyways i lernt (sp?) to kick on when he did that. would i be wrong in saying she should have kicked him on???
confused.gif
bloody well sat tho!!!! very imprest!!!!
laugh.gif

kerilli

Visit site
poor mare, perfect example of when and how NOT to hit a tricksy mare (and why not) and of how not to use draw reins. she's brave but she has no seat and not the expertise to use the draw reins correctly. how to wreck a nice little mare with gadgets.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

phoebeast

Visit site
kerilli i have to agree with you to an extent. seems to be going a bit too 'nicely' for a 4 year old if you know what i mean, though i'm a bit of a softie.

fairplay to her though, that's exactly what has to be done with a naughty horse, stick to it like glue!

daydreamer

Visit site
She's a lot braver than me but at the start of the video doesn't seem to be trying to get the horse thinking/moving forward at all. Later on once it can actually go somewhere it seems much better. Like Kerilli, I don't think her seat looks that good despite her being able to stay on (mostly).

emilytilly

Visit site
hey, I'm really new to this forum but someone just linked me to this so hope you dont mind if I comment.

Its our horse. Well my sister riding it (she is lots braver than me haha). The horse is fine mentally and physically. She is the nicest horse to handle etc ever. That vid was quite recently after we bought her when my sister was having a lesson off the guy we bought her from. We have spent the last 2 months going right back to basics (re-backing her) and now she is going really nicely.

Also I know I'm bias but I'd like to say my sister is VERY experienced. She has jumped at top level, been in England teams etc and has one of the best seats I know. I dont think this horse would flatter anyones seat!! I actually have so much admiration for her as a rider (And she's my little sister so thats not always easy to say haha!)

eggs

Visit site
In fairness to the rider we have a 4 1/2 year old mare who has recently decided that napping could be the way to go - although not as dramatic as this mare! In my experience the girlies get to their 5th year and start to question things whilst the geldings tend to get on with it.

Personally I don't like the idea of draw reins on four year olds although ours are expected to understand working in an outline but as a result of working from behind and not being pulled in from the front.

emilytilly

Visit site
haha thank you, and with regards to draw reins please read the video description. That is the first and only time she has ever had them on and it was just to experiment whether it helped her rearing... which they clearly didnt lol

Scheherezade

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hey, I'm really new to this forum but someone just linked me to this so hope you dont mind if I comment.

Its our horse. Well my sister riding it (she is lots braver than me haha). The horse is fine mentally and physically. She is the nicest horse to handle etc ever. That vid was quite recently after we bought her when my sister was having a lesson off the guy we bought her from. We have spent the last 2 months going right back to basics (re-backing her) and now she is going really nicely.

Also I know I'm bias but I'd like to say my sister is VERY experienced. She has jumped at top level, been in England teams etc and has one of the best seats I know. I dont think this horse would flatter anyones seat!! I actually have so much admiration for her as a rider (And she's my little sister so thats not always easy to say haha!)

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

Well said. And she has a lovely quiet seat, would she like to take my horse for schooling?!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
poor mare, perfect example of when and how NOT to hit a tricksy mare (and why not) and of how not to use draw reins. she's brave but she has no seat and not the expertise to use the draw reins correctly. how to wreck a nice little mare with gadgets.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank goodness someone else can see it! She claims the draw reins are to stop it rearing too high - so why are they dragging mare's head down all the time. Her a*se is on the back of the saddle - and her feet are stuck out in front - she could make most horses buck! But I VERY much doubt the mare is 100%!!