ZARA WON!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
well i rang in enough times
smile.gif

SAZA2YOGO2

New User
Visit site
Must admit, I didnt think she'd get it but good for her (and equestrianism!)

Lets hope she gets credit for being a fantastic horsewoman, and not comments like 'she only won it because she's a royal'!

Well done Zara!
laugh.gif

IluvCH

Visit site
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy
laugh.gif

GO ZARA!
grin.gif

Jazz1

Visit site
well done Zara - am chuffed for her - about time someone won who is a champion at their sport rather than just the best we happen to have in a sport!!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Less than an hour ago I told my OH not to under estimate the power of the equestrian vote! Well done Z. Surely this must the first time it's been won twice by members of the same family?? Hope it gets lots of press (front page as well as back) and more equestrian sports on TV. Aah, how I remember the 70's when it HOYS and Olympia were on TV LOL.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Echo CotswoldSJ, fantastic achievement - even 'amazing'!! Loved the boyfriend so proud of her!
Let's hope it's sent a message to the high ups and we have a lot more on normal tv now not just satelite. Must make sure we all watch the puissance next week too!!

Visit site
What a load of idiots!

This comment particularly p****d me off.

[ QUOTE ]
She probably won because horse folk have nothing to do with their time apart from gallop around the countryside and spend as much money as possible on frivolous activities such as voting for personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

madgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a load of idiots!

This comment particularly p****d me off.

[ QUOTE ]
She probably won because horse folk have nothing to do with their time apart from gallop around the countryside and spend as much money as possible on frivolous activities such as voting for personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same and he one after hat i think or before grrr

SummerStorm

Visit site
*sighs*

[ QUOTE ]

... but to give to Zara Phillips is nothing short of a farce. Just because she is a royal is no reason to reward this silver spoon toff. Not to mention that its the horse thats doing all the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent - does that mean that any of us lot could be world champions if we borrowed Toytown?

FFS, some people are such bad losers just because the everso-slightly-cr*p cricketer/footballer/some other mega popular sports guy who is from a mega popular sport that's televised every day didn't win this year...

Good for you, Zara - 33% of the votes went to you which probably averages out at, ooo, several million votes? as if the horsey crowd alone could have done that themselves...

butterfly f

Visit site
absolutely wicked that zara won!!
just have two questions.... anyone know what her black velvet outfit was in aid of???why no glam evening dress? and did anyone else think zara was very lame limping onto the stage? i dont think she would have passed a trot up... has she been fallling off/got kicked recently?
anyway still fantastic she has won... it makes me sooo angry that some people still wont recognise eventing as a sport. if they had any idea quite how much work goes into producing a horse to that level... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
xxxx

metalmare

Visit site
I'm amazed she won - I know so many people who wouldn't vote because
i) they don't like horse people
ii) they don't see riding as a sport
iii) they hate royalty
iv) they followed a different sport on there

so amazing that she won I think and I really really hope it does good for equestrianism!!

beckymed

Visit site
so pleased for zara and the equestrian world gettin some well deserved recognition.
yeah i thought she was limping slighltly, wonder whats that is about?

K9Wendy

Visit site
I thought it looked like a velvet dressing gown in the style of Harry Potter!! Yes she looked very lame, I feel a bit like that when sitting too long, sore hips!! Absolutely fantastic that she won, and she seemed very down to earth and overawed by it all!! Well done Zara!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
So agree, SilverFox! And isn't it funny that those of us who are NOT into football/cricket/F1 (all sports that are still seen primarily as male, note!) are resigned to putting up with endless commentary and acres of sports pages every week, and yet when someone from another sport wins, the howls that go up from pig-ignorant and prejudiced blokes are unbelievable! Not one of those people sniping on that website has bothered to research that riding is one of the most popular leisure activities, so there are going to be lots of people who are potentially interested spectators of sports like eventing. Basically, the reactions are all based on ignorance and envy. (So I wonder why top footballers never get the same knocking comments about privilege???)
The other thing that none of them ever mention is the true skill, persistence and courage that it takes to become a top-class eventer. And they work much harder than many top sports people. And they don't earn £100K a week!!! Funny how these footie fans forget that the David Becks of the sporting world are far richer than Zara, or probably her mum and dad! Sorry for rant, but it really p***** me off!!

ljubb

Visit site
Its a shame that the media cant get her main disciplin corrrect all i have heard on the radio both local and Radio 1 is that she is a show jumper!!!

Not that i have anything against show jumping but eventing gets such bad press due to the deaths that happen it would have been nice to hear someone promote the sport.

Plus all they have done is diss her velvet 'track suit' as they call it and her'amazing speech' (coz she said amazing so many times)!

But hey, WELL DONE ZARA