1st weekend in June: Weekend plans

catembi

Visit site
We are going to Keysoe tomo for a group flatwork clinic. Not sure apart from that!

Finn was 4 today so now competition legal. He is coming on really, really well & today we went on our first totally solo hack. I was v nervous as I can't actually remember the last time I hacked out without even anyone with me on foot. The last time I rode the same route was with Cody when he had a PSSM explosion and went completely nuts. Anyway, it was a lovely, totally uneventful hack. Finn was a bit edgy at first but didn't put a foot wrong, & by the halfway point, he sort of went, 'okay, now I understand this hacking business', completely relaxed, and just strode along happily. Went over a bridge or two, past a horse eating log, saw more traffic than we have before...all good. Hurray!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
bummer. Lorry is now fixed up so if the weather holds then we will begin Operation Loading Practice at the nursery. Perhaps get OH motivated to do the last bit of iffy fencing at the retirement village and then we are safe to move to summer grazing. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps ;)

will require a bonfire. so couldn't do it last weekend as the local FB would have kicked off about inconsiderate people on bank holidays (neighbouring group went postal over a farmer that muckspread on the thursday last week... best not make any enemies really)

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Me too now, apart from hacking.... my booking was apparently mislaid for RC training at weekend (despite payment acknowledged a week ago) and only session I could be squeezed in is with 2 much bigger ones, no good for poles....

☹️☹️

Sorry to hear everything is off. Other than hacking on Saturday and not at all horsey I am going to collect my new rescue hens.

Roxylola

Visit site
Charlie is doing a showjump lesson with his owner - so I'll be taking pics and videos. Sunday I'm trying to encourage her other pony's sharer to do some online dressage with Charlie with a view to coming out BD with us in winter. So I might give her a dressage lesson and possibly have a crack at riding through elementary 49 with a view to entering a video this month.

teapot

Visit site
Absolutley nowt here too -tumbleweed-

Was going to be bold and try a different lesson option but... see update on my own thread.

Last edited:

Bernster

Visit site
Did everyone use up all their energy last weekend then?!

Horse MOT on Friday - melanoma check and sheath clean for finnegan (he’s gonna hate me) and teeth for new boy Bertie.

2nd COVID jab so won’t do much Saturday. Potter about around the house and spend time with the OH. Am always feeling guilty about spending so much time with the horse, which isn’t going to get better with another one having joined the herd!

Sunday I will be snuggling ponies. Hack out on finnegan and saddler out to hopefully find a saddle for Bertie so I can crack on with riding.

I got Bertie on Saturday and he’s been a poppet, a real sweetie who loves to cuddle, loves people and horses, is alert and interested but chilled, and very polite so far. Very pleased with how he’s behaved so far, although I am conscious it’s early and he might start to test the boundaries a little as he settles. He’s had a week of ground work, lunging, physio, teeth on Friday and saddler on Sunday - he has a busier diary than me!

And here’s a pic cos he’s a handsome chap (ofc Finnegan is a star but he’s not the new boy in town!).

4C87B94B-4105-46BA-AA89-6F9CBAB8A4B5.jpeg

Attachments

• 31FE62A7-209F-4710-ACC7-223C21904BCF.jpeg
    31FE62A7-209F-4710-ACC7-223C21904BCF.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3

Roxylola

Visit site
Well, we blundered through the canter work of 49 tonight in the field. I think if we do record I'll have to pinch an arena. It's a challenge for him anyway and doing it on an unlevel arena in a field is tricky for him to keep his balance and canter. We pretty much made it round though

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Nothing this weekend competing wise after our Fantastic ODE last weekend!! Need to start practicing with a practice skirt for the concours d'elegance I'm hoping to enter the following weekend, so hoping he is a good boy!

Enjoy your horses this weekend everyone x

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Nothing, really.

Had a lesson today, and horse felt good despite the higher temps and humidity. He sweats buckets. Did some fab canter work, and now, at 9 years old, I feel like my horse is becoming a slightly more rational being. ? He's processing stressful situations much better and more clear in his head.

Flu jab for him tomorrow, so the weekend will be pretty low key.

TheMule

Visit site
We've had a busy week so not too much this weekend. 4yr old went to a polework lesson today and was such a good boy- I love this stage where expectations are low and progress rate is high. He will have a little outing on Sunday up to where I work for a first go round their arena.
Ginger drama llama went xc training on Tuesday (see pic below) and got a bit of a grilling from a pro rider today, I have homework for the weekend and she's going back on Monday for round 2 to hopefully then formulate a bit of a plan. Essentially there are lots of holes in our training so I need to get her off my leg (which I find really hard when they're naturally forward as I just don’t use my legs!) but hopefully this will help me to tackle the spooking.

C3F63587-AE9C-41AC-BD5B-2A258C801577.jpeg

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I am mostly freaking out - grey pony has been a complete disaster lately. Had an absolutely terrible xc school on Tuesday. It’s just unrideable at the moment as several holes in its training and it’s absolutely horrible through its neck and I am having serious doubts that I can fill them. I have had friends giving me pep talks and I have seriously good trainers telling me I can come through this but i am seriously lacking the belief. Ridiculously, I triggered this by not being happy with my DC and good placing at Bicton 100 so went to look to sort out the things I was unhappy with and have triggered a clusterf**k. There is no going back as I am experienced enough to know I was unhappy for a reason (produced enough horses to Novice) and can’t move the horse up any levels without sorting.

Bay pony and grey pony go eventing on Saturday but I am not really in the mood for it so will see how I feel. Bay pony will probably run as needs mileage and I will walk the sj and xc and decide on Grey pony. I see my trainer tomorrow who knows how I feel at the moment and knows I am feeling quite fragile. The problem is it’s a phenomenally talented horse but it’s not easy in any way to ride. Overall it’s a very tricky horse to manage but it jumps so that’s why it stays as it’s certainly not fun at the moment.

racebuddy

Visit site
Did everyone use up all their energy last weekend then?!

Horse MOT on Friday - melanoma check and sheath clean for finnegan (he’s gonna hate me) and teeth for new boy Bertie.

2nd COVID jab so won’t do much Saturday. Potter about around the house and spend time with the OH. Am always feeling guilty about spending so much time with the horse, which isn’t going to get better with another one having joined the herd!

Sunday I will be snuggling ponies. Hack out on finnegan and saddler out to hopefully find a saddle for Bertie so I can crack on with riding.

I got Bertie on Saturday and he’s been a poppet, a real sweetie who loves to cuddle, loves people and horses, is alert and interested but chilled, and very polite so far. Very pleased with how he’s behaved so far, although I am conscious it’s early and he might start to test the boundaries a little as he settles. He’s had a week of ground work, lunging, physio, teeth on Friday and saddler on Sunday - he has a busier diary than me!

And here’s a pic cos he’s a handsome chap (ofc Finnegan is a star but he’s not the new boy in town!).

View attachment 72979
Hope all goes well with the check mine just had his check ? three month one

racebuddy

Visit site
I am cross country challenge this weekend and clipping , did canter fitness tonight while it was cool and hacked out , 4.30am starts and late finishes after work ????? need sleep ? at eland lodge next week eventing too ? had farrier also expensive week must have spent £300 just on entries last few weeks ????

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Getting a little freaked out at how quickly these threads reappear each week ? but just 9 more pregnant horseless weekends to go (I’ll be back on pony within a few days of giving birth...right ?).

Wedding makeup and hair trial tomorrow so about as un horsey as you could get! Then painting some garden furniture. Looking forward to my weekends being filled with lessons and hacks instead!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Baby Welshie is going to an agility clinic on Saturday with small person - daddy (leadrein anchor in chief) is escaping to play golf so it will be me trying to stop her going into orbit if she has one of her “moments”.

Knowing her, she will end up surprising me and be as brave as a lion about all the weird stuff - and then spook at her own poop like she did in a dressage test a couple of weeks ago ?

Then a lesson on Sunday, planning to ask for a focus on fun stuff - they’ve had a few weeks of help with tests and jumping confidence so will be good for them to do some productive silliness

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
It's going to be a nice fine winter weekend here, so hacking, maybe some flatwork, long reining and chores! Exciting times. I was dreaming about setting up a a grid the other day which is about as good as things get around here.

Hoping I don't get husbands cold, I'm not interested in sick and pregnant, I already can't breathe that well!

Have fun everyone, especially from those of us who are living vicariously.

palo1

Visit site
Still dithering over exactly what to do tbh! Last weekend's 'first fun ride/public outing' success clearly left me in a glow of pure pleasure and the fun we had doing little jumps has been rather diverting BUT that doesn't mean that the flatwork improvement plan has gone away and I have a lesson tomorrow. I don't have an arena (or a usable field space atm) so lesson is really helpful both in allowing me some practice and getting instruction. I think we probably need to look at canter transitions and the balance in canter which does still need qulte a lot of work. Hopefully we can finish with a little bit of jumping. Crazily though I have a meeting just before the lesson as well as needing to take my son for a blooming hair cut so Alw will also have to accompany us to the barber as it is on the way....poor love!! On Sunday I am hoping to do a longer ride out on the mountain but haven't decided yet which horse to take; the older one would love a blast and he has been on rather a 'maintenance' ridden schedule so he is in pole position. Alw needs to get onto the mountain for experience but hopefully we can do that next weekend. I am VERY glad that senior horse keeps himself very fit on the whole. Busy, busy busy here lol!!

Reacher

Visit site
We had a mid week pole work lesson. Mr H’s flatwork is so much improved - his trot in particular- I observed I would have to enter “my new dressage horse” into a test- which instructor though was a good idea - and promptly spent the lesson working on my accuracy (wobbly centre lines) and precision of the canter aids.

We are entered in an “eventers challenge” on Sunday which is the SJ and XC over a a BE course minus the hairiest jumps (and no dressage). We thought we had entered the 85 cm but they have put us in the 75 cm by mistake. It’s our first outing on grass this year so I guess it’s a nice first outing.
I’ve spent so long working on calming Mr H down I bet he’ll be half asleep...!

Have a great weekend everyone

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I'm off this afternoon so planning a long-ish hack (probably in the rain ?) then hacking over to a friend's yard tomorrow morning for a TREC clinic and no firm plans for Sunday yet. If the weather's nice I'm tempted to do a pub/picnic ride & test out my new saddle bags :D