2021 Foals .. what have you got cooking ?

tda

Visit site
I watched the one done by Stallion A I . It’s been 4 years since we had a foal so was great to do a refresher . Have to say it really helped when I was in the middle of it .
Yes that's the one I watched, must admit it wasn't an easy watch at times even tho I am fully aware things do not always go well x

Asha

Visit site
Yes that's the one I watched, must admit it wasn't an easy watch at times even tho I am fully aware things do not always go well x
Totally agree with you . I’m came away depressed /terrified after watching it . But some things did Stick in my mind and it most certainly helped me stay calmer and feel more prepared when it was clear that things where not going entirely to plan .

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh my goodness, I've been waiting for your update on this thread but totally missed it! Congratulations ?

She's a lovely big foal. And her little face in the vet picture ?

Asha

Visit site
Has she got a name yet?

yes . I struggled to find something as wanted to name after my dad ( Russell ) it we can’t even get away with Rusty as she’s not chestnut. So we decided to stay on the theme of beginning and ending in A . ( her grandma is Asha , mum Aria ) . My son came up with Amara. Full show name will be Amara RS .. using my dads initials ?

although Rita has nicknamed her Puff . Which I think is pretty cool , we all think her white mark on her face looks like a dragon . I do hope that’s not a sign of things to come ??

Asha

Visit site
Oh my goodness, I've been waiting for your update on this thread but totally missed it! Congratulations ?

She's a lovely big foal. And her little face in the vet picture ?

Thank you! She was a total star at the vets, but to be fair she was only a few hours old and probably exhausted. She’s woken up now and is enjoying bucking and cantering around her stable . Can’t wait to get her out in the field to give her mum a rest

Asha

Visit site
Adorable Alice says hello to her new half sister.

You won't regret an Archie foal, he stamps his stock and their temperaments are second to none. Good luck with her.

thanks AA . If she turns out half as nice as your lovely mare I will be delighted .
It looks like Archie is having a run of bay fillies this year . Think Rita has posted that there have been 9 so far !

AdorableAlice

Visit site
thanks AA . If she turns out half as nice as your lovely mare I will be delighted .
It looks like Archie is having a run of bay fillies this year . Think Rita has posted that there have been 9 so far !

Hopefully some purebreds to keep the ID flag flying high.

Abi90

Visit site
I would love an Archie foal in the future. Rosie is an ID, although only has half her breeding

Asha

Visit site
fab picture! :D

Its the first one that ive got that actually shows what a lovely face she has, shes looks part moose:D

So gorgeous, getting seriously broody for a foal!
, i know that feeling, contemplating one more from her so my dsughter and i can have full siblings. Just need to see how Aria is inside before we get too excited !

Abi90

Visit site
You should definitely have an Archie baby out of her .. you would get a stunner. How is she doing ?

She’s great. Loving life surrounded by so much grass! She’s out in the pregnant ladies club. I have images of them drinking decaf lattes and moaning that their backs hurt! 308 days now. Wonder how long she will keep us waiting. My friend’s mare is now on 370 days!

Asha

Visit site
She’s great. Loving life surrounded by so much grass! She’s out in the pregnant ladies club. I have images of them drinking decaf lattes and moaning that their backs hurt! 308 days now. Wonder how long she will keep us waiting. My friend’s mare is now on 370 days!

oh my word !! Id be a wreck . Is the mare at 370 big ?
glad she’s settled and enjoying life !

tpavan

New User
Visit site
Hello!

I just started on the breeding scene and I have been trying to do quite a bit of research about showjumping stallions but everything is still a bit confusing. I am currently in vet school so while I am away I figured I would start to breed my mare. My mare(Patent x Calvados) had her second foal on May 9 this year, he is a Balou du Rouet x Patent colt and I am vey excited about him. She had her first foal in Europe when she was four and it is a Cornet Obolensky x Patent gelding showing in America at the grand prix level, I would have liked to do a repeat breed but thought it too risky seeing as I have heard his semen is not very good. I have another dose of Balou for next year when I breed her again but I was wondering if anyone had any stallion recommendations for coming years? or any advice when it comes to breeding, anything is useful!

Abi90

Visit site
324 days, under the camera at night but not looking like she’s planning on foaling any time soon. Meanwhile, the other mare at the yard who is two weeks behind her looks like she will foal tonight!

Asha

Visit site
324 days, under the camera at night but not looking like she’s planning on foaling any time soon. Meanwhile, the other mare at the yard who is two weeks behind her looks like she will foal tonight!

im sure the days after the 320 mark go slower ! Hopefully this good weather will help . Excited to see your foal ?