2021 Foals .. what have you got cooking ?

Lady2021

Visit site
Where are you based no livery yard where I live would allow it . I now a few yards owners that breed there own horses but said they wouldn’t allow a livery owner to have a mare in foal or foal bare there own horses.

QuantockHills

Visit site
Oohh ... which Indigo do you have ? I also have Indigo Morning star by Archie. Its because shes so lovely i decided to breed another by Archie. It will be like one of those Jeremy Kyle scenes when Pip realises her best friend has been having an affair with her dad :D:D
oh wow, she's a lovely mare! I've got Indigo Rock 'n' Roll but went to see Feel the Warm and Braveheart (?), both Archie boys as I was adamant I wanted one by him.... but Rocky kept following me around the field and let me stick my fingers in his mouth and blow raspberries on his nose... so that was it (not quite the best way to choose a horse, i'm sure conformation etc should have been considered first! :rolleyes::p)

Asha

Visit site
oh wow, she's a lovely mare! I've got Indigo Rock 'n' Roll but went to see Feel the Warm and Braveheart (?), both Archie boys as I was adamant I wanted one by him.... but Rocky kept following me around the field and let me stick my fingers in his mouth and blow raspberries on his nose... so that was it (not quite the best way to choose a horse, i'm sure conformation etc should have been considered first! :rolleyes::p)

Indigo Rock n roll is gorgeous, ive seen your posts. with a temperament like that you couldnt walk away. Feel the warm was one i looked at when he was young.. i was very tempted. Stunning lad

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Where are you based no livery yard where I live would allow it . I now a few yards owners that breed there own horses but said they wouldn’t allow a livery owner to have a mare in foal or foal bare there own horses.

Was that a quesiton to me? I am on a yard in Derbyshire. YO used to be a pro show jumper and bred her own. So she's all for it! She is excited for me, can provide a foaling box, individual turn out, CCTV and loads of experience. I am lucky.

Abi90

Visit site
Nail test says a filly, I would really love a filly! Poor Rosie is starting to look quite pregnant and is obviously feeling it too... she’s a tad grumpy

Asha

Visit site
Nail test says a filly, I would really love a filly! Poor Rosie is starting to look quite pregnant and is obviously feeling it too... she’s a tad grumpy

fingers crossed you get what you want ! nail test says a filly for us too . Aria is exactly the same as Rosie .. extremely grumpy . She’s ok with us and most of the horses but she has zero patience with the young ones . She’s hit the 300day mark now but I don’t think she looks really big yet .. but we do have another month or so to go BB55C0AC-CDE4-4ED5-AB82-C7A013F24D30.jpeg

melbobineau

Visit site
Lovely I bet you can't wait
Yes indeed. It's for the second half of April. She currently looks like that.
mel312-136350dd5bce8905953a130be35ac3f0.jpg

melbobineau

Visit site
She looks very happy and she is a lovely stamp of an Arab mare, I have 2 bay Arab geldings so am a bit biased:)
There is food! So yes she is happy!
Would be worry if mine wouldn't it!

When we were still in UK, one evening when passing at the stable I saw her eating her hay very carefully and not eager as usual. So checked what was wrong. Remember sawing her showing to the young mare next door out to eat the fence. I think that was it. She might have add a splitter of woods stacked somewhere. After a nice gummy mash, she started eating her hay eagerly as usual. Though she was funny looking when she couldn't.

She usually tries to show me when something is wrong. Tge over day was a small branch stack in her hoof.

melbobineau

Visit site
Cremello. If given to me correctly he is EE AA CRCR. My mare is Ee AA. So normally no surprise he/she will be Buckskin.

Sadly he will normally for sale. I got a surprise foal last year from her mother who was given to me end of Summer 2019. And prefer to keep her next foal who would be a pure shagya. I wanted a live cover for her first foal and no Shagya stallion nearly except her Sire. And this Spanish one is just next village. More pictures online. His name is Presidente de Jarama.

Cloball

Visit site
Cremello. If given to me correctly he is EE AA CRCR. My mare is Ee AA. So normally no surprise he/she will be Buckskin.

Sadly he will normally for sale. I got a surprise foal last year from her mother who was given to me end of Summer 2019. And prefer to keep her next foal who would be a pure shagya. I wanted a live cover for her first foal and no Shagya stallion nearly except her Sire. And this Spanish one is just next village. More pictures online. His name is Presidente de Jarama.
Wish I was in the market for a foal a buckskin Arab X PRE would be the dream. I've met some lovely Hispano Arabs.

melbobineau

Visit site
Even rarer, it will be a Shagya x PRE. So expect to have quite a big frame and nice height. My mare is not very tall for her breed (above 15h1 whereas her mother is above 15h3). The stallion is above 16h2.

Her mother was also aim to go to that stallion last year before I find out she was already in foal. So normally as already paid she will also go to him in spring 2022 for a 2023 foal hopefully. But for her every if the foal will be born buckskin, will have also 50% chance to be grey.

Quadro

Visit site
I have a little TB in foal to a graded WB dressage stallion. Not due until the end of July though, so I have a long wait still. Hoping for a bay filly, so very unlikely to get that!!
Hopefully she will be recovered with a lovely HOYS show hunter for next year.

Equi

Visit site
Mad jealous of you all. I would love to be getting my little mare in foal but just can't justify it right now or find a good enough stallion for her. Thinking about asking my vet if he would be up for AI a miniature :p

Asha

Visit site
I have a little TB in foal to a graded WB dressage stallion. Not due until the end of July though, so I have a long wait still. Hoping for a bay filly, so very unlikely to get that!!

We need photos of your mare to coo over ?

Asha

Visit site
Aria is now up to around 312 days, her udders are changing shape again . They now point down all the time and have a small amount of filling . She’s definitely less grumpy now and is enjoying being in the smaller field with just her best friend . She has always loved her stable and enjoyed a good sleep .. but she’s definitely taking it to a whole new level now ?

Abi90

Visit site
2 months left, and 3 weeks until she goes back to stud to foal. Then I can stop panicking because they know what they are doing!

She is looking very round now! She’s had a bit of Oedema round her teats, I started to panic it was placentitis, stud said a bit is normal at this point... got the vet out for EHV this week anyway so shall get them to have a wee look so I can stop worrying about her FD5ED506-B83A-402F-9637-A91B207A254C.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
2 months left, and 3 weeks until she goes back to stud to foal. Then I can stop panicking because they know what they are doing!

She is looking very round now! She’s had a bit of Oedema round her teats, I started to panic it was placentitis, stud said a bit is normal at this point... got the vet out for EHV this week anyway so shall get them to have a wee look so I can stop worrying about her View attachment 69012

there’s no mistaking that’s a baby belly ? she looks fab.

Aria is now 322 days and looks enormous , she’s quite content though

Visit site

Why can’t you give her a year in between to concentrate on supplying this years with foal with all it needs, mares are not breeding machines FFS and you’ve said she’s ‘not all that attractive’ perhaps someone else would value her more!!!!!

Asha

Visit site
Hows everyones mares doing ?

Aria is now at 335 days, her udders seem to have shrunk back a bit this morning, and not massive relaxed behind so i guess we still have some way to go. We are getting lots of tail swishing, and you can see shes uncomfortable but thats about it:)

Abi90

Visit site
Rosie is getting on okay. She goes back to stud in a week and I’m a little bit worried she won’t fit in the trailer with the partition in as she looks enormous! Poor thing has a bit of oedema in front of her udder but she seems happy enough.

I am very much looking forward to her being at the stud so I can stop overthinking!