2022 Foals

dominobrown

Visit site
sleepless night again…
Maiden mare… foaled 330 days on the dot. Check at 1.30am… nothing 2.15 foal was born, up and drinking by 2.25! Mum being incredibly good. This one is by Future Hepsilon out of Heslington Dark Secret mare, though the mares Dam line have all evented and her brother was very successful in eventing age classes so hopefully inspired by Badminton!

Attachments

• 6B3F6B44-FB28-4EB5-8B68-51EAB7AA6FA4.jpeg
    6B3F6B44-FB28-4EB5-8B68-51EAB7AA6FA4.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 6B16EF2B-972A-4F0D-A147-6F2D7DD8E9D7.jpeg
    6B16EF2B-972A-4F0D-A147-6F2D7DD8E9D7.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 95

Ahrena

Visit site
Gorgeous baby!! Sounds very speedy.

We decided against the scan. Seems pointless - she was scanned at 9 months and everything looked fine and I don’t want to meddle just because I’m impatient. We are on high alert tonight; she still isn’t fully bagged but now secreting some liquid..not proper wax but mindful she’s a maiden. Belly was properly jiggling this morning and she’s been very out of sorts all day. Her temperature is 36.2 this evening and she’s usually above 37.

The stud Legrande is at were brilliant; we had no drama at all. Dropped her off on Thursday, scanned her Friday, covered her Saturday and boom she was in foal. He’s got such a lovely chilled out temperament and is such a nice all rounder.

TheMule

Visit site
Gorgeous baby!! Sounds very speedy.

We decided against the scan. Seems pointless - she was scanned at 9 months and everything looked fine and I don’t want to meddle just because I’m impatient. We are on high alert tonight; she still isn’t fully bagged but now secreting some liquid..not proper wax but mindful she’s a maiden. Belly was properly jiggling this morning and she’s been very out of sorts all day. Her temperature is 36.2 this evening and she’s usually above 37.

The stud Legrande is at were brilliant; we had no drama at all. Dropped her off on Thursday, scanned her Friday, covered her Saturday and boom she was in foal. He’s got such a lovely chilled out temperament and is such a nice all rounder.

Ooh that does sound promising! Are you testing the pH of her milk?

Ahrena

Visit site
I’ve ordered tests to arrive tomorrow now she’s finally producing liquid!

She’s driving me up the wall. Been swishy, unsettled, occasional tummy kicks/bites all day and didn’t touch her hay between 5pm and 10pm. Just decided I was going to stay up and now she’s started munching on her hay so not sure whether to risk just the usual two hourly night checks instead. I am shattered!

Asha

Visit site
It’s a boy !! Not just any boy but a chestnut one with white socks and a blaze . Exactly what I had hoped for !!

Arrived at 02.30am , has now been up and about , had a drink and a poo

we’ve named him Rustle . ( after my dad Russell )

Attachments

• D13E5065-85C2-4BF3-BA5C-503F758E9EA9.jpeg
    D13E5065-85C2-4BF3-BA5C-503F758E9EA9.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 701D001A-DCEE-42C9-9506-325E8E14722E.jpeg
    701D001A-DCEE-42C9-9506-325E8E14722E.jpeg
    974.6 KB · Views: 111

Ahrena

Visit site
Lovely babies!
We are still waiting at 346 days. My yard owner is making noises again about getting a vet to come check her. I’m not particularly concerned as I don’t see what the vet will do (I know they don’t induce) and I know she can go MUCH longer. There’s nothing going on to suggest anything beyond her being a slow cooker but equally I don’t want to do her a disservice.

She’s loosey goosey on her foof, tail is very floppy and muscles have relaxed round her rear and if anything, her recent unsettled behaviour seems to be calming down. She still isn’t fully bagging and we’re getting clear fluid out of her teats consistently now (finally!) which tested about 8ph, (appreciate maidens don’t always fully bag prior to foaling), so personally I think she’s just coming along a bit slowly. But equally I’m very inexperienced compared to yard owner!

TheMule

Visit site
Lovely babies!
We are still waiting at 346 days. My yard owner is making noises again about getting a vet to come check her. I’m not particularly concerned as I don’t see what the vet will do (I know they don’t induce) and I know she can go MUCH longer. There’s nothing going on to suggest anything beyond her being a slow cooker but equally I don’t want to do her a disservice.

She’s loosey goosey on her foof, tail is very floppy and muscles have relaxed round her rear and if anything, her recent unsettled behaviour seems to be calming down. She still isn’t fully bagging and we’re getting clear fluid out of her teats consistently now (finally!) which tested about 8ph, (appreciate maidens don’t always fully bag prior to foaling), so personally I think she’s just coming along a bit slowly. But equally I’m very inexperienced compared to yard owner!

You are right! The vet cannot do anything right now so it seems pointless

Asha

Visit site
Lovely babies!

Why do the last few days seem to take forever ! Im sure it wont be too much longer. good luck and keep us posted:)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
She’s by Cachas so Caretino/Calleto II/Corrado lines, out of a Narew XX mare. I’ve put her to Legrande, Oldenburg stallion.

Still waiting; been on foal watch for 9 nights though as she’s looking pretty readyand has been fairly restless at times.

My yard owner had some mares scanned on Friday and vet suggested scanning her tomorrow if she hasn’t foaled yet to check it’s on the right place etc, but I’m not sure if this is a bit overkill as she’s still only 337 days and hasn’t waxed (maiden so appreciate she may not). Going to chat to vet tomorrow, but has anyone done this?

Gorgeous babies for those whose have arrived!

Meant to quote the person who asked my mare’s breeding but it didn’t work :):)

Lovely ? I had an Oldenburg mare Temple Corrade similar lines I think, her sire was Gran Corrado.

Last edited:

Ahrena

Visit site
Thank you all.
Vet said they would like to check her if she hasn’t foaled by 2 weeks overdue so I’ll do that if no joy by Wednesday.
However, we have had wax since Thursday and PH is testing 6.5 so…maybe…just maybe…something will happen.

Horses_Rule

Visit site
How are the already born 2022 babies getting on? I have to say we’ve had a bit of a rollercoaster with baby 1 until now. Mum has a nasty tear that she needs to go to Newmarket to be sorted at the end of June. Bought them home Saturday so she can have a high grass diet - as vet said is important. First day out yesterday and all was well bought mum and foal in and after about an hour baby started colicing ? god foal colic is the worst I’ve ever seen. Writhing around in pain throwing himself on the floor his legs just buckling beneath just the worst. Vet came and gave some Metacam and after 15 mins or so he calmed down. Have been checking through the night and looks like he’s through the woods so far , bloody horses!!

Parrotperson

Visit site
How are the already born 2022 babies getting on? I have to say we’ve had a bit of a rollercoaster with baby 1 until now. Mum has a nasty tear that she needs to go to Newmarket to be sorted at the end of June. Bought them home Saturday so she can have a high grass diet - as vet said is important. First day out yesterday and all was well bought mum and foal in and after about an hour baby started colicing ? god foal colic is the worst I’ve ever seen. Writhing around in pain throwing himself on the floor his legs just buckling beneath just the worst. Vet came and gave some Metacam and after 15 mins or so he calmed down. Have been checking through the night and looks like he’s through the woods so far , bloody horses!!

bloody hell. that's horrible. fingers crossed he continues to improve. poor chap. what did the vet say might have caused it?