2022 Foals

Asha

Visit site
She is quite wide- I'd like a nice little one as she's a fraction tall for me so ?

my mare is the same . From the side view you wouldn’t know she was pregnant. Oh how I wish I was the same when I was pregnant with my lad . I was the size of a bus ?

we have a bit of dripped milk on the inside of Arias legs today . Day 343 ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
eep Asha! hope you have good news soon :D

not a foal of 2022 but in pursuit of a blob for 2022... the anxiety is real. last time was natural cover so i was insulated from all the nailbiting timings, this time we have good looking follicles..... over the weekend so it looks like i am providing personal courier service for the little swimmers cos the men with vans won't be working on a sunday o_O

Ahrena

Visit site
She’s by Cachas so Caretino/Calleto II/Corrado lines, out of a Narew XX mare. I’ve put her to Legrande, Oldenburg stallion.

Still waiting; been on foal watch for 9 nights though as she’s looking pretty readyand has been fairly restless at times.

My yard owner had some mares scanned on Friday and vet suggested scanning her tomorrow if she hasn’t foaled yet to check it’s on the right place etc, but I’m not sure if this is a bit overkill as she’s still only 337 days and hasn’t waxed (maiden so appreciate she may not). Going to chat to vet tomorrow, but has anyone done this?

Gorgeous babies for those whose have arrived!

Meant to quote the person who asked my mare’s breeding but it didn’t work :):)

Ahrena

Visit site
I’d been drooling over him and stalking him for years so I didn’t need to look far for a husband for Lexi haha. I think he’ll complement her nicely.

Who did you choose for Amber? Apologies if I missed it!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Well I chose the eventing TB Ansiei but she didn’t take. So at the last minute we used an RID who was at the stud already as natural cover - Ebony Duke. I’m going to try Ansiei again but if she again fails to catch I am considering Legrande as he’s natural cover too. And a guaranteed palomino ?

Four Seasons

Visit site
She’s by Cachas so Caretino/Calleto II/Corrado lines, out of a Narew XX mare. I’ve put her to Legrande, Oldenburg stallion.

Still waiting; been on foal watch for 9 nights though as she’s looking pretty readyand has been fairly restless at times.

My yard owner had some mares scanned on Friday and vet suggested scanning her tomorrow if she hasn’t foaled yet to check it’s on the right place etc, but I’m not sure if this is a bit overkill as she’s still only 337 days and hasn’t waxed (maiden so appreciate she may not). Going to chat to vet tomorrow, but has anyone done this?

In my opinion scanning now is overkill. Maiden's are unpredictable, some carry shorter, some time it perfectly and some carry for over a year... my friends maiden mare carried for 369 days.

Do you see the foal moving around in the belly? When it goes quieter, it should be in the foaling position and your mare's belly will suddenly drop.

Asha

Visit site
Well I chose the eventing TB Ansiei but she didn’t take. So at the last minute we used an RID who was at the stud already as natural cover - Ebony Duke. I’m going to try Ansiei again but if she again fails to catch I am considering Legrande as he’s natural cover too. And a guaranteed palomino ?

a friend of mine has just used the most stunning TB stallion called Recharge . He’s standing at New stud in Manchester
He’s doing natural cover . She had real problems gettingher in foal last time . This time she’s caught first time

https://www.newhillfarmstud.co.uk/recharge/

TheMule

Visit site

I wouldn’t scan now unless vet is worried about placentitis, which seems unlikely?

TheMule

Visit site

Legrande is only a single dilute so you'd either get buckskin, palomino, bay or chestnut
I'd suggest looking at Tajraasi if you want full TB on natural cover- Alfie's Clover has just pinged double clear round another 5* and he has several others out there doing the job, they seem to have great attitudes.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
a friend of mine has just used the most stunning TB stallion called Recharge . He’s standing at New stud in Manchester
He’s doing natural cover . She had real problems gettingher in foal last time . This time she’s caught first time

https://www.newhillfarmstud.co.uk/recharge/

Oh that’s interesting! One to keep in mind. Vet thinks it was just because she was a maiden and should be fine next time. Especially if I don’t wait a year but put her back in foal this year.

Asha

Visit site
Legrande is only a single dilute so you'd either get buckskin, palomino, bay or chestnut
I'd suggest looking at Tajraasi if you want full TB on natural cover- Alfie's Clover has just pinged double clear round another 5* and he has several others out there doing the job, they seem to have great attitudes.

he does look super . Plus the stud he’s at do everything possible to get mares in foal

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site

Sorry I was thinking of Crowns Ace of Pearks who is also on my shortlist. Alongside Legrande who has been chosen by several friends

ihatework

Visit site
Sorry I was thinking of Crowns Ace of Pearks who is also on my shortlist. Alongside Legrande who has been chosen by several friends

Id choose CAoP over Ansei I all honesty. He’s producing useful allrounders pretty religiously. And if the offspring doesn’t suit you will likely be more commercial to sell on.