2022 Foals

Horses_Rule

Visit site
bloody hell. that's horrible. fingers crossed he continues to improve. poor chap. what did the vet say might have caused it?

well they didn’t say much but I think it was a combination of moving home from stud, a new routine and some more grass. The vet said they don’t eat much but going from stripped fields to grass I’m sure they do pick quite a bit during the daytime. All good now though been bright as a button all week thank god!

Four Seasons

Visit site
Thank you all!
I’ve learnt that apparently many foals have primitive markings (I.e dorsal stripes) so I think he’s bay. He doesn’t have any white hairs around his eyes/muzzle (apart from the stripe) and his legs are very light which apparently suggests he’ll stay bay, but who knows!

He is already a very cheeky chappy!
Congrats! He looks gorgeous! ? He does seem to be "just" a bay, but he's adorable. He has a lovely head.

I immediately love your mare! She is beautiful! Can't wait to see what she's been cooking!

Horse_Rule
Glad your foal is doing OK, it's horrible to see the small ones suffering..

My little baby is almost 10 weeks now. I measured her last week at 8 1/2 weeks and she was 121cm. She's now starting to eat some hard feed (special foal feed) alongside milk. Momma Accenta was scanned last week for a heartbeat blob. So Sensi is expecting a full brother/sister next year. Very exciting! ?
Picsart_22-05-21_21-54-08-850.jpg
Picsart_22-05-21_21-51-35-881.jpg

She's so big, this was her at 2 weeks old... they grow so fast ?
VideoCapture_20220522-230043.jpg

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220521-202811.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220521-202811.jpg
    994.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Gorgeous.??

2 of my friends have had foals this week and I am getting very excited.
Day 302 and there is some udder development. She is so fat! Just trying to decide when to start bringing her in overnight. She’s out with Lottie at the moment.

TheMule

Visit site
Gorgeous.??

2 of my friends have had foals this week and I am getting very excited.
Day 302 and there is some udder development. She is so fat! Just trying to decide when to start bringing her in overnight. She’s out with Lottie at the moment.

I'm trying to hold off on moving my mare to her foaling quarters as long as possible as I want to preserve her grass, but I'm probably not going to last much longer with the stress of it all! I'm obsessing over photos of udders ?

Asha

Visit site
I'm trying to hold off on moving my mare to her foaling quarters as long as possible as I want to preserve her grass, but I'm probably not going to last much longer with the stress of it all! I'm obsessing over photos of udders ?

you know it’s getting close when your phone is full of udder photos ??

lovely foal four seasons, she can certainly move !

Four Seasons

Visit site
Four Seasons that’s a very smart foal. Is there a pic of mum and dad somewhere?
This is mum, Moravita's Accenta. She's a purebred Frederiksborg.
FB_IMG_1653933737072.jpg
IMG_5245.jpg

Dad is Cassanova du Bois, a partbred Welsh/German riding pony
FB_IMG_1653933832298.jpgFB_IMG_1653933810552.jpg

I know the feeling ? Patience is running thin...

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Gorgeous foals, and for those of you waiting for them to drop, I’m already waiting for mine and we haven’t even inseminated yet! Oh dear lol. Will have to get my foal fix from this thread!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
We have a baby! Born last night at 21:40!!!
It got a bit scary as Lexi was very agitated Sunday night/Monday but nothing progressed so we called the vet. They scanned her and found one of his front legs was tucked under him so we decamped to the equine hospital incase he didn’t righten himself before birth. All turned out to be fine, her waters broke at 21:30 and he was out 10 minutes later!

I’ve totally confused myself on his colour; dad is buckskin. I can’t see any obvious signs that he’ll grey out but he has a very defined dorsal stripe so I thought he must be some kind of buckskin despite being so dark. But then I read foals are often born with primitive markings? So now I’m clueless, although I don’t really care as he is perfect. Lexi is being a very over protective mum. I’ve called him Pesto, his proper name will be Sunday Justice.

foal camo :)
I’m a bit torn on whether he is hyperpigmented enough to indicate that he will grey (usually said if they are born looking more like an adult colour = grey)

TheMule

Visit site
325 days, foaling box is all cleared out and bedded down, foaling paddock is fenced and has loads of grass, vet just been and done jabs and she's wormed (not without a battle ?) so now it's just a waiting game. Udder isn’t looking ready so I'm trying not to get too keen yet.

E3D18085-B634-44F7-BED3-80921D8D8CA1.jpeg

TheMule

Visit site
Well, that was a bit of a surprise!
I barely managed to squeeze out a drop to test last night and it was 7.4 so nowhere near and clearly no milk in yet, but she was pacing and restless at 8.30 so I went and stayed the night anyway. Quite restless in the night and at 3.45am I work to her on the floor pushing! (Right under the sodding fence, of course ?)

296838D0-C695-4025-B662-713321C10200.jpeg

So now I have an absolutely cracking filly who did everything she's supposed to in record time ?

Opposition Bombshell x Marcolas G x Abergwiffy

F06F76A6-3A2F-466B-BA23-C7571990D3C1.jpeg

Clodagh

Visit site
Well, that was a bit of a surprise!
I barely managed to squeeze out a drop to test last night and it was 7.4 so nowhere near and clearly no milk in yet, but she was pacing and restless at 8.30 so I went and stayed the night anyway. Quite restless in the night and at 3.45am I work to her on the floor pushing! (Right under the sodding fence, of course ?)

View attachment 93928

So now I have an absolutely cracking filly who did everything she's supposed to in record time ?

Opposition Bombshell x Marcolas G x Abergwiffy

View attachment 93929
What a stunning perfect foal.

Cloball

Visit site
She clearly noticed you'd nested for her and felt ready.
Might just be she's a bit wet but I'll eat my hat if she doesn't grey out hyperpigmentation like that.
Thank you! I'm just a bit stunned to be honest- she has a beautiful face and 4 perfect white socks. I'm not sure if she will go grey, I'm hoping not ?