6 months difference...so angry and upset.

Armas

Visit site
Why would any one let that happen to such a beautiful horse. I am shocked and appalled at this. What reason did they give if any have you reported them ?
I am so glad that you managed to rescue him.
Do please keep us update.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Second Amymay - report them now. I accept there may be some underlying medical reason but he just looks like a very hungry horse to me, reaching for anything to eat.
Well done on buying him back and please let us know how he goes on.

MissCandy

Visit site
That is heartbreaking, there is NO excuse to let a healthy horse get in that state within 6 months!

I hope your boy makes a full recovery. You must be so grateful that you managed to get him back.

Ruth_Cymru

Visit site
Disgraceful. I hope the people who did this are ashamed of themselves, but sadly I think they'll just be in denial about it.

I'm so pleased that you were able to get him back, please keep us updated on how he progresses.

ponypilotmum

Visit site
Please please report this, and keep all vets notes and photos, receipts etc. You need to cover your own backside if a member of public sees the horse and reports you. This was advice given to me by welfare charity after I had one return to my care in an emaciated state.

With some good ole' dr green and TLC he'll soon be back to health, mine took just under a year, and is now fighting fit - barring ongoing health problems not related to the neglect. I found feeding little but often and slowly introducing micronised linseed let him put weight on gently. I thought we would ahve to have him PTS, but he's now just began teaching a little girl to ride and is loving life. Welfare charity, who once contacted, gave me endless advice and support along the way.

GeorgeyGal

Visit site
Thank god he is back with you. So they put that photo up on Facebook, why? Surely anyone can see that poor horse is emaciated. Or did someone else put it up to show how bad he was in the hopes something would be done? Either way I hope they don't buy another and have been reported.

Worried1

Visit site
I am so glad you got him back and I hope you have reported said person.

We found ourselves in an identical situation having sold Diva, what made it worse we the reason who did it to her is an 'international rider and trainer who regularly advertises spouting about their knowledge and credentials...'

I made sure I told EVERYONE what she had done and still do! Fair to say people were shocked when I told them. Word of mouth is a powerful tool.

I cried my eyes out for days so can know exactly how you are feeling. The good news is that within a couple of weeks the difference was noticeable and within two months she was looking close to normal and within 4 months she was in foal and we never looked back.

She will never leave us again.

Big hugs x

Mypinkpony

Visit site
I had this horse on loan for a year from the hairy one and her sister, and i have to say he is such a good dooer, one haynet a night with a bit of morning hay and a couple of small feeds and the boy looked like this! he always looked like this and was never a problem to feed...summer or winter!

There is no excuse to how he became like that, pure neglet to one of the sweetest horses ever, its just a disgrace! I too was fooled by her thinking that he had found such a lovely home and was so happy....until i saw that picture which i think set every member of my yard into tears! Thank god he's got his good mums who were willing to buy him back again! He's a lucky lad!

nix123

Visit site
OMG OMG :eek: Just soo glad you found his picture. Upwards and onwards he can only get better now he's back with you both. I can pop round and strangle the woman for you if you want, somehow i think there may be a huge queue behind me too. Bless him.

russianhorse

Visit site
OMG that is horrendous :(

Your poor boy, how could anyone just stand there and watch the cruelty - I'm so so so pleased you've got him back - I hope he recovers well

The people you got him back off should be strung up

Out of interest, who posted the picture that alerted you to the cruelty - surely not them?

Mypinkpony

Visit site
OMG that is horrendous :(

Your poor boy, how could anyone just stand there and watch the cruelty - I'm so so so pleased you've got him back - I hope he recovers well

The people you got him back off should be strung up

Out of interest, who posted the picture that alerted you to the cruelty - surely not them?

Yes them.... on facebook with a delightful caption saying 'thought we left a grey horse in our field not a brown giaffe!'

I was immediatly on the phone, still in shock, to his past owner who was already on the case! :mad:

russianhorse

Visit site
Jeepers - I can't believe they thought it was okay to post a picture of him in that condition. The gall of them :0

I hope to God they are prosecuted from an inch of their lives and banned forever from keeping horses

Shocking

pip6

Visit site
Thank heavens they were stupid enough to post the photo, it alerted you to his plight. Good luck with sorting him out.

MrsB

Visit site
"Yes them.... on facebook with a delightful caption saying 'thought we left a grey horse in our field not a brown giraffe!'"

Totally unbelievable - that they would actually try and make a joke of this poor boy's condition, unforgiveable and vile. :eek::mad::eek::mad:

You have plenty of support over at Epona with a few comments also. Please keep us updated with your beautiful boy's progress and thank God you got to him in time...

Why are some people just so utterly disgusting?!? At what point to they say to themselves that treating any living thing like that is justifiable?

RutlandH2O

Visit site
While typing this with weepy eyes, I can only imagine how you feel. Please, please report the people who did this to your horse. Take lots of photos, keep vet reports and bills in duplicate, retain all your feed and supplement receipts. These horrific incidents are either happening with more frequency, or they are being reported to the wider public through social media. My horses have forever homes, or will be pts in the event of my death, because of increasing horror stories such as yours. You have my heartfelt sympathy and wishes for a successful rehabilitation of your lovely boy.

Clare85

Visit site
Poor boy, What despicable people to have let him down so much! Thank goodness he is back in loving hands. I'm sure he will go from strength to strength with you. Good luck with his recovery. Would be lovely to hear how he's doing in a few weeks.

Amaranta

Visit site
OMG! Poor poor horse, so very glad you got him back!

How anyone could think this was acceptable is beyond me, and they must have done to post the picture on FB.

Report the moronic twunks!