6 months difference...so angry and upset.

Spring Feather

Visit site
I'm very pleased you have him back now. That's just unacceptable; did they have an excuse for why he is like this now? Anyway a couple of months proper feeding and you should have your old boy back again.

trottingon

Visit site
WHAT THE FFFFFF😳
That's horrendous, poor horse!
Just be happy you found out about him (in time) and be grateful you got him back in one piece, I'm sure he realises how lucky he is😀

Circe

Visit site
God, that is absolutely terrible, he's so lucky you managed to get him back.
Have you reported them? What reason did they give for him looking so bad?
I really struggle to understand some people sometimes.

If he was mine, I'd get him checked by a vet to make sure there isn't anything physical going on, also to get some advice on feeding him up. Maybe contact one of the horse welfare charities and get their advice on feeding again.
Kx

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Dear God, that is horrendous! That second photo is shocking! The poor boy! Thank goodness you have him back! How can ANYONE allow a horse to get in that state in 6 months! Did they not feed him? Please keep us updated of his progress. That made my blood run cold when I saw that. Wishing you both well xx

Mia&Vin

Visit site
:( the exact same thing happened to me when I loaned my horse to some well known local showjumpers. I just cried when I got him back he was so bad but it didnt take long for him to put weight on again

kiteman0

Visit site
That's awfull.
I sold a hunting fit horse to a girl who promised him everything.
3 months later i went to see him and the state of him brought tears to my eyes. They should be reported.

Ali27

Visit site
That is absolutely awful! I just don't understand some people! So glad you could buy him back! That is why I would never sell any of mine! I would be too worried about what happened to them! My daughter's outgrown pony is on loan to my old yard in Swindon who I trust 100 percent!

POLLDARK

Visit site
This is so awful & what I fear the most should I be forced, by whatever circumstance, to part with my boys. It's not an isolated case & has firmed up my feeling that I should PTS my boys, should I no longer be able to keep them, & know that they would NEVER suffer hunger, pain or brutality.
I do hope your boy soon recovers & good for you for keeping him in your thoughts. Hugs for you both.

lamlyn2012

Visit site
People who do this should be prosecuted and banned from keeping animals. He looks lovely and do hope you are able to get him back to how he was. Are you going to get the vet to check him over? Good luck and keep us posted.

helbe

Visit site
Please report this,it may protect another horse which may be bought by them with the money you just gave them for him! BHS welfare are very good. So sorry he went through that.

nativepony

Visit site
Oh my goodness, that is so sad. Poor boy. So glad you've got him back again - what on earth would make someone do that??? Beyond belief :(

Spotsrock

Visit site
So pleased you got him home. I second a vet check when he'd had time to settle. If your concerned about the oak I'd pop hom on some milk whistle liquid. D and h do a good one. It's proper cheap and my mate had liver failure 18 months ago. Vet pit her on it and she's good as new. Horses fix huni and you have time to fix him now. We'll done getting him back and not knocking the other owner into next week, very dignified for your boy. Please prosecute. The next horse they buy may bot have an old owner as focussed as you or may have one who sells to move abroad or simply can't afford to buy back.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Hope these people realise that they are not able to look after a horse and don't get another one. So glad you got him back and he can now be treated properly. Please keep posting on his progress it would be good to see him on the mend.

MrsB

Visit site
Jesus Christ and all that is Holy - I feel sick to the core having seen this. I know of a woman in Kent (surprise surprise, a dealer) who has actually SOLD a horse in such a condition like this. It is utterly disgusting and foul, sickening and vile abuse.

I am so glad that you got your boy back - I cannot imagine how you felt, heart-breaking and soul destroying. At least now you know he is back in your loving care and safety where he can recover and regain his strength and beauty.

Report this abuser - they don't deserve to look after a flea, let alone any other creature.

Shared on Epona Stars where you can name this person if you wish to alert anyone else to their despicable and disgusting behaviour.

HBM1

Visit site
I hope you got him back at a huge discount with a threat of taking them through the welfare channels. I would be heartbroken if that happened to one of mine.

I am at a loss though as to why they bought a horse, if they clearly had no intention of looking after him? Just shocking.

hnmisty

Visit site
That's awful, you must be so relieved you were able to get him back. Can't imagine how heartbroken you must have been to discover him in that condition.

I haven't read all the replies, so apologies if you've already answered this, but what happened? Did they just not bother to feed him, or what?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Well done for getting him back, poor boy :(

I think tbh if you have some good grass, which (well ours anyway) is really coming through now after the late start) you'll start to notice a change pretty quickly in his condition and demeanour (I'm guessing he might be a little under the weather?). Look forward to update pics in a month or so :)

_GG_

Visit site
Oh good lord...I am soooo glad for you and your lovely boy that you were able to get him back.

Slow and steady with feeding him up and nothing too rich...his organs won't be in the best of health so too much too soon in terms of protein, vitamins and nutrients will mean wastage and overload of the system. Good quality grass, hay and a suitable feed will see incredible results in no time. A quick call to a nutritionist will get you on the right feed.

Good luck and thank goodness you saw the picture.

Very telling bless him that his clip is still visible. :(

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
This just illustrates why I think selling is worse than loaning in terms of not really knowing what will happen to your horse. Yet people warn against loaning horses, but warnings against selling are hardly ever given. At least when you loan you CAN definitely get your horse back so long as you are careful and do regular checks.

OP I am so sorry for what you and your poor horse have been through. So pleased you were able and willing to purchase him back. It must have been just terrible. :(

cblover

Visit site
Dear god, I feel physically sick so hell alone knows what you must be feeling. You poor thing, big hugs. You tried to do your best and its all anyone can ask. I'm afraid I would be very angry and faced with these so called horse lovers I'd do damage! GRRRR!

You did the right thing and got your boy back......he's safe now. Good luck with him and keep us posted. x

Archangel

Visit site
Thank goodness you saw the photo on FB and were able to launch a rescue mission. Some people should be shot, I know it was a tough winter but they only had the horse barely six months. Jesus wept.

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Words fail me:(, how anyone can let a horse who is fit and well get into a state like this?

So pleased you managed to get him back hope he recovers very quickly, let us know how he progresses.