absoloutley disgusting

Tia

Visit site
Yes that first clip with the bull is pretty atrocious! However I expect it was an accident? I don't think anyone intended for the bull to break his legs surely? Whose dogs are they and how did they get into the ring? Lots of questions to which this video gives no answers.

The rest of the video didn't appear to have anything dreadful going on, was there? I just saw calves being roped.

sojeph

Visit site
Is that all you saw? I suppose you're more used to this sort of thing then!!

I saw alot of roughly treated, frightened and panicy animals being used to entertain.

Do the calves always get yanked in a somersaut when they are roped? Is that the norm?

Tia

Visit site
Yes calves always are somersaulted - the reason is to stop them breaking legs.

I really do think you guys are living a very different life to what goes on in other parts of the world. Over here cowboys run thousands and thousands of head of beef cattle over areas measured in hundreds of miles rather than fields! The cattle roam, the cowboys look after them - they have no barns or chutes out in the wilderness to put calves in to vaccinate, worm or feet trim - it is out there in the wilderness.

Britons do have a habit of "it's not right unless it's done the way we do it", well sorry but the UK is such a piddly little country that things which are done there cannot possibly be done in other countries. A little bit of understanding and tolerance seems very much lacking.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
The roping didnt particularly shock me, but the rest did!!
Tia you might know more about this than me so can i just ask what were they stabbing the cows with? Were they just poking them with sticks or were they electric shocking them with tabers, i thought it looked like the latter but im not sure (thats a friendly question btw just coz u no more about rodeo than me) also were they trying to fight the 2bulls in the cage?
I have to agree with sojeph though, those animals looked petrified and the first clip with the broken legs and the dogs was just atrocious.

Tia

Visit site
Sorry I have no idea what they were doing to the bulls. It looked like they were cattle-prodding them, perhaps to make them angry before the rider mounts them? I don't know and have never seen this happen at any rodeo I have ever been to. But then I only ever go to Professional Rodeo Association rodeos - these are well co-ordinated in a professional manner; not back-street like some on this video appear to be.

severnmiles

Visit site
No Tia, roping didn't shock me.

Just the first bull and also the horse who flipped over, that was a little extreme BUT I know how bloody biased PETA are and wouldn't like to judge rodeo's from that video and no real evidence or understanding of what goes on.

GTs

Visit site
The one thing you have realise is these bulls used for bull riding are prized animals, breed for this purpose, worth $10,000s, and the pride and joy of many ranches.

sojeph

Visit site
As usual - wish I hadn't asked
crazy.gif

classiclady

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

As someone above has mentioned carrying a whip is cruel and letting a horse carry our weight is cruel, that is not correct, as if a horse didn`t want to carry you, it wouldn`t.
The horses whose riders carry a whip, do they look like they are in pain? No.
When horses are being ridden, do they look like they are being tortured? No.
When horses are being ridden round the x-c of an event, or anywhere, do they look like they are enjoying it? Yes.

What I was trying to say was what one person thinks is cruel someone else doesn't. I think the whole film is cruel. I also think that whipping a race horse to make it go faster is cruel. What happens to all the unwanted horses that are brought into this world just to make a fast buck is cruel, some people think fox hunting is cruel others don't.

teapot

Visit site
It's just another video which is basically propaganda to try and get those views across (Peta, Viva etc)

Think of the video that was made after the deaths at the Cheltenham festival or Aintree.

Just meaningless biased propaganda