An apology to my yard owner

Queenbee

Visit site
Nice!

No, not yard owner but yes, fellow livery.

It saddens me to hear such a one sided distortion of life at the yard. I am fairly new to the yard but could not be more pleased with how my young horse is coming along.
I have not had many dealings with the YO, but when I have, she has been perfectly pleasant to me.

The YM is an absolute star. Unfailingly supportive, nothing is too much trouble and the top and bottom of it, the horses welfare always come first.

As for the "bloody groom" scenario....she was a young girl, 2 days into the job, who was perfectly willing to get Bree in but was worried about leaving the big youngster on his own and wisely wanted to get advice.

I wish Paula and Bree the very best in her new yard, but in the interest of fairness, wanted to at least put another side to this saga.

and I bet you're going to make sure that YO see's or hear about your gushing post about how wonderful she is:rolleyes:

rockysmum

Visit site
Dont think I gushed about YO.....have very little contact with her....as for YM...absolutely!!!! Credit where credit's due. So easy to find fault these days.

Yes it is.

For a start you have posted a location, not something the OP did.

Makes it easier for someone to identify the yard involved and therefore not popular with YO however supportive you are being.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Nice!

No, not yard owner but yes, fellow livery.

It saddens me to hear such a one sided distortion of life at the yard. I am fairly new to the yard but could not be more pleased with how my young horse is coming along.
I have not had many dealings with the YO, but when I have, she has been perfectly pleasant to me.

The YM is an absolute star. Unfailingly supportive, nothing is too much trouble and the top and bottom of it, the horses welfare always come first.

As for the "bloody groom" scenario....she was a young girl, 2 days into the job, who was perfectly willing to get Bree in but was worried about leaving the big youngster on his own and wisely wanted to get advice.

I wish Paula and Bree the very best in her new yard, but in the interest of fairness, wanted to at least put another side to this saga.

Blah blah blah .... :rolleyes:

Queenbee

Visit site
nothing like a good old contraversial thread... FWIW op, I think you and your horse are well out of it... not saying the entire yard is bad but Im sure there are far more harmonious and suitable places for you to be

Marydoll

Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hearby apologise to my yard owner for any hurt I may have caused her for asking for advice on this forum about my horse.

I have always endeavoured to be fair and honest in what I have said.

Paula

Actually, I think you will find the sarcasm was not mine in the first instance. As for fair and honest......will agree to disagree.[/QUOTE

You sound like a real peach to have around a yard :rolleyes, continuing to stir it about one of your fellow liveries at the first oppertunity, especially since the girl has moved on and has apologised publicly, if i was a yo and recognised you as a livery, it would send the red flags up at you as a $hit stirrer alert, beware your attempt to impress your yo might backfire on you.

Marydoll

Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hearby apologise to my yard owner for any hurt I may have caused her for asking for advice on this forum about my horse.

Paula

Actually, I think you will find the sarcasm was not mine in the first instance. As for fair and honest......will agree to disagree.[/QUOTE

You sound like a real peach to have around a yard :rolleyes, continuing to stir it about one of your fellow liveries at the first oppertunity, especially since the girl has moved on and has apologised publicly, if i was a yo and recognised you as a livery, it would send the red flags up at you as a $hit stirrer alert, beware your attempt to impress your yo It might backfire on you.

Queenbee

Visit site

Paula

You sound like a real peach to have around a yard :rolleyes, continuing to stir it about one of your fellow liveries at the first oppertunity, especially since the girl has moved on and has apologised publicly, if i was a yo and recognised you as a livery, it would send the red flags up at you as a $hit stirrer alert, beware your attempt to impress your yo might backfire on you.

:rolleyes: hear hear

FionaM12

Visit site
I just think you were ott in defending a yard owner non member as opposed to a regular who had apologised. Felt gratuitous and that you may know them in RL.

I don't know them, I am just expressing my POV. Like everyone here. Not sure what being a regular has to do with anything!

You'll find I defended Paula on the original thread, for which she thanked me.

Not sure what your issue with me is tbh.

Queenbee

Visit site
not being picky but didn't think that poster declared themselves as the YO... could have it completely wrong. I dislike people who come on here just to stir up something that is none of their business especially after the fact and when all had essentially been laid to rest... I don't see that as a genuine poster in need of welcome at all:( It smacks of trolling to me. Paula had enough of a hard time with her horse, and took a fair bit of slack for even coming on here and making a public apology... to take things further still by whoever it was, groom/yo/ym/other livery coming on here and posting snarky comments was just an overt invite for everyone to get over defensive of Paula and miffed at the poster. FWIW, I really hope its not YO/YM and it is a livery or the groom and that they get a ticking off for publicising the yard on this forum in association with everything that went on. Perhaps in the future they will think twice about how they use a forum.

thehorsephotographer

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Relative newbie here too.

I cannot begin to imagine the stress Paula was going through that week with a sick horse and for anyone who is used to dealing with horses and their owners for a living to add to that stress at the time when they could have helped to relieve it was not nice by any accounts.

But...moving forward and after the heat of the moment had passed it took a big person to come on here and publically apologise. Paula did that and from my book at least that action commands respect. She didn't have to - she was already moving yards and she hadn't at any time identified who her yard or yo/ym was.

Not so big or clever however is coming on here big wooden spoon in hand trying to stir up trouble whilst remaining hidden behind some spurious screen name whilst identifying the area in which the yard actually is.

That is not clever at all.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
I don't know them, I am just expressing my POV. Like everyone here. Not sure what being a regular has to do with anything!

You'll find I defended Paula on the original thread, for which she thanked me.

Not sure what your issue with me is tbh.

No particular problem but you post on here and as far as I know that means others can comment too. You seemed to be stirring the proverbial. Glad that you have helped op and supported her on another thread..... Pity about this one

POLLDARK

Visit site
As far as I am concerned everyone has a right to an opinion & everyone else has a right to ignore it. We all have to pick the wheat from the chaff re advice, in life, it may not be easy but life isn't easy.
There is an old saying. ' I may not agree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it..'
We are all fallible & see things from our own point of view, maybe we should cut each other some slack.
Feel free to ignore this post it's just my opinion:):)
'

FfionWinnie

Visit site
New users normally don't join with the sole intention of kicking someone else whilst they are down. For me that's the major difference and why this person is getting some tough feedback.

Agreed.

I don't believe it's a livery, it's the yo/ym/groom, IMO.

Why wait til now to bring things back up. If I was them I'd have had my say in the original thread, not waited until it had died down to drag it all back up.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I hope Paula comes back with a new name (this one has obviously been "outed") when she's ready. She's one of ours.

Paula if you're reading this ((((((((((HUGS)))))))) to you and your horse.

sm x

FionaM12

Visit site
I just think you were ott in defending a yard owner non member as opposed to a regular.

I did not defend the YO. I expressed no opinion about what the YO had done, only the OP. I did however (as well as Rhino, Brighteyes and others, but you seem to want to single me out) take a different point of view than yourself.

You seemed to be stirring the proverbial.

Not at all.

Odd that it was someone else who welcomed Cooperfam to the forum. All I did was agree, but you seem to want to pick on me? Time for UI I think.....

Cooperfam

Visit site
New users normally don't join with the sole intention of kicking someone else whilst they are down. For me that's the major difference and why this person is getting some tough feedback.

I have been reading the HH forum for quite a while, which can sometimes be a very useful source of information, and never felt the urge to join, as there appear to be many, far more experienced voices than mine to offer advice.

It was only because I felt so strongly at what was reported, did I feel it necessary to attempt to put my view, given that as a livery...repeat LIVERY, unlike everyone else, felt able to give a slightly different account.

Agree or not, so be it, I won't lose any sleep

Flame_

Visit site
Um, the stirring worked then. :eek:

Welcome to HHO Cooperfam. :D

Glad Paula's got off the yard though, if I've read that right, its harsh when online squabbles and RL merge.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I have been reading the HH forum for quite a while, which can sometimes be a very useful source of information, and never felt the urge to join, as there appear to be many, far more experienced voices than mine to offer advice.

It was only because I felt so strongly at what was reported, did I feel it necessary to attempt to put my view, given that as a livery...repeat LIVERY, unlike everyone else, felt able to give a slightly different account.

Agree or not, so be it, I won't lose any sleep

And that would be believable if your first post hadn't been:

Mmmm ...Stable door...horse....bolted...

Then you only came back to comment more constructively when you were critisised for your obviously gratuitously inflamatory post. I think Paula is well out of there! What a bitchy place.

FairyLights

Visit site
Well Done Paula for leaving that yard. It sounds an awful place. YO appears a control freak and the place seems b*tchy. Leave them to stew in their own tainted juice.

Do come back to this forum though. New name new email addy. I , for one, enjoy hearing about you and yours. Best Wishes for the future.

Spyda

Visit site
59257042.gif