An apology to my yard owner

Goldenstar

Visit site
If there ever was a lesson in restraint when posting upset this is it.
Why on earth anyone thinks it worthy of coming here to try keep this unfortunate incident going especially as the person involved has moved has beyond me.
CF has given her point of view that great WestCoast has moved which is fine YOers deal with people who are emotional because their horse is the all the time it comes with the job.
I hope WC continues to use the forum and from now this moment put any silly petty attempts to keep this incident running by completely and utterly ignoring it and getting on with her life she was a paying customner who has removed her customn that's the end of it.

Achinghips

Visit site
I have been reading the HH forum for quite a while, which can sometimes be a very useful source of information, and never felt the urge to join, as there appear to be many, far more experienced voices than mine to offer advice.

It was only because I felt so strongly at what was reported, did I feel it necessary to attempt to put my view, given that as a livery...repeat LIVERY, unlike everyone else, felt able to give a slightly different account.

Agree or not, so be it, I won't lose any sleep

Why did you feel it necessary to put your point of view? The matter was closed, Paula had left, Paula had apologised.
This smacks of you trying to milk a situation in order that you can flatter your YO/YM and curry favour. I've seen many instances where a YO/YM, holding some influence, becomes so habitual to the insincere, servile adulation from a few fawning subordinates that eventually, it turns out that the toadies are running the Yard backstage, with the YO/YM as the front-man.

It would appear that you and creating a Yard, whose reputation rests heavily upon how well you are able to swallow your self-respect and shamelessly puke oodles of flattery. As a result the Yard gets a bad name.

Paula is well out of it.

rema

Visit site
Last time i checked this was an open public forum and if people want to post then that is their choice and what business is it of yours,mine or anybody elses.. .If you do not like what someone has posted then don't read it, let alone keep posting on it..All you are doing is fuelling a fire that would self extinguish if left alone.But no it would be boring if it was left to die off and lets face it a majority of members on here love nothing better then a good bitching session.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
What nonsense. I've been a YO and frankly, you can be glad to see the back of some liveries and desperately sad to say goodbye to others.

I love how an unknown on here can slag off a yard scenario and receive total support and another unknown come on to say there's nothing wrong with the yard and defend it as a good place to be and get ripped to shreds!

I certainly don't know the OP or the Newbie and I don't think FionaM12 does either, but very interesting how, almost immediately, Fiona (and the Newbie) are pretty much accused of having ulterior motives and be involved or have 'vested interests' in the yard :eek:

And of course, the good old troll card has been played :rolleyes:

FairyLights

Visit site
59257042.gif

LOL Spyda:D

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
What nonsense. I've been a YO and frankly, you can be glad to see the back of some liveries and desperately sad to say goodbye to others.

I love how an unknown on here can slag off a yard scenario and receive total support and another unknown come on to say there's nothing wrong with the yard and defend it as a good place to be and get ripped to shreds!

I certainly don't know the OP or the Newbie and I don't think FionaM12 does either, but very interesting how, almost immediately, Fiona (and the Newbie) are pretty much accused of having ulterior motives and be involved or have 'vested interests' in the yard :eek:

Amen to all of that :) Ooops, I'm keeping the thread going.
Has Hitler been mentioned yet?

Spring Feather

Visit site
Anyone can post anything they like on here (within the T&Cs) regardless of how long they have been a member! If someone wants to join to put their side of the story across then they can. What's interesting is the new member is being sneered at because she dared to say how lovely the YM is ... and so did Paula! So maybe just maybe the YM IS lovely and deserves the credit BOTH posters are giving her. And while we're in a hounding mentality, what say we all go around all the livery stables in Warks and see if we can pinpoint exactly which livery yard it is? It might take us a few years but it will be worth it as then we can run back here and post it to the world telling all to avoid it like the plague :rolleyes: And as to the accusations about Fiona having a vested interest ... well that was hilarious! LMAO!! :D

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site

Yes I agree too.

There have been a few times on here that I knew a bit more facts than what was being posted, and would have loved to jump in and say "er actually..." but it didn't affect me or mine at all, so I didn't! Had it been a thread about a friend's yard, and I thought that they were getting unfair comments, I probably would end up chipping in.

Just because you think you know someone on here it doesn't mean that you do. You only ever know one side of a story.

I also think that this new person perhaps cropped up afterwards because they were too timid to say anything when the OP was on the same yard?? Not the most mature thing to do, but I can understand it a bit!

martlin

Am I the only one who actually read the op as sarcastic and a dig? Seem I was!
No, you aren't the only one, but seeing as the OP's horse was poorly, and how we all know her and know that she couldn't be possibly wrong/bad/rude/whatever, because she has a lot of posts to her name... :rolleyes:, when the ''newbie'' pointed that out, all hell broke loose :D

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
All YO's are big bullies, all YM's and some long-standing liveries are sychophants and all liveries (especially the new and first time owners) must be constructively advised in a manner that suggests the YO of considerable experience and common sense has neither. Oh, and nor is it the YO's place (no pun) to run a tight ship and have things done the way years of experience and dealing with liveries has proved the most effective.

TBH, I'm still wondering how much mess the OP managed to make hand-feeding her horse - was she throwing feed at it from 20 yards away?

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
Anyone can post anything they like on here (within the T&Cs) regardless of how long they have been a member! If someone wants to join to put their side of the story across then they can. What's interesting is the new member is being sneered at because she dared to say how lovely the YM is ... and so did Paula! So maybe just maybe the YM IS lovely and deserves the credit BOTH posters are giving her. And while we're in a hounding mentality, what say we all go around all the livery stables in Warks and see if we can pinpoint exactly which livery yard it is? It might take us a few years but it will be worth it as then we can run back here and post it to the world telling all to avoid it like the plague :rolleyes: And as to the accusations about Fiona having a vested interest ... well that was hilarious! LMAO!! :D

I'm on a yard in Warks but can safely say its not my yard in the OP :p :D

ooops it seems I'm carrying the thread on :rolleyes:

Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as no actual names are mentioned and the yard isn't named there isn't a problem? Is it really the end of the earth if someone doesn't like the YO but gets on great with the YM? I'm not a huge fan of my YO but get on great with the YM who I actually see on a day to day basis whereas the YO doesn't venture onto the place very often except monthly to collect the rent money :rolleyes:

martlin

All YO's are big bullies, all YM's and some long-standing liveries are sychophants and all liveries (especially the new and first time owners) must be constructively advised in a manner that suggests the YO of considerable experience and common sense has neither. Oh, and nor is it the YO's place (no pun) to run a tight ship and have things done the way years of experience and dealing with liveries has proved the most effective.

TBH, I'm still wondering how much mess the OP managed to make hand-feeding her horse - was she throwing feed at it from 20 yards away?

Now, I can understand (up to a point) you calling me a bully, but BIG? I won't have you insulting me on a public forum and I demand you start a thread with a public apology immediately :mad:

Spring Feather

Visit site
No, you aren't the only one, but seeing as the OP's horse was poorly, and how we all know her and know that she couldn't be possibly wrong/bad/rude/whatever, because she has a lot of posts to her name... :rolleyes:, when the ''newbie'' pointed that out, all hell broke loose :D

No Paula wasn't rude in the slightest. When she called her YO a "cow" and made other such sweet comments it was clearly a jersey cow she mean't and used the word as a sign of affection :)

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I'm on a yard in Warks but can safely say its not my yard in the OP :p :D

ooops it seems I'm carrying the thread on :rolleyes:

Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as no actual names are mentioned and the yard isn't named there isn't a problem? Is it really the end of the earth if someone doesn't like the YO but gets on great with the YM? I'm not a huge fan of my YO but get on great with the YM who I actually see on a day to day basis whereas the YO doesn't venture onto the place very often except monthly to collect the rent money :rolleyes:

I detect, with unerring certainty and conviction, that you are LYING! You are the YO and the YM and half the liveries, aren't you? :D :D :D

martlin

No Paula wasn't rude in the slightest. When she called her YO a "cow" and made other such sweet comments it was clearly a jersey cow she mean't and used the word as a sign of affection :)
I don't want to start a war, BUT! aren't you being racist? what if she meant a dexter cow, are jerseys more worthy of affection? That is pure discrimination, and you can join Brighteyes' apology thread forthwith! :mad: :D

Spring Feather

Visit site
*holds head in shame* You're right :( Dexters are midgets, does that make me midgetist too? :eek: I like cows with BIG eyes, hmm got me thinking, maybe I'm smalleyedist also. Sheesh doesn't bear thinking about how istist I am! :eek:

Littlelegs

Visit site
I think all of you, & fiona must be in on it. Infact, you are all the yo with multiple accounts, started a long time ago just incase this situation arose.