And the cr@p parenting award goes to.....

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Me after failing to take Katie to A&E when she fell just before Norton Disney. Yes 3 ODE's ago.

Her xrays from today after she said it was still hurt a lot and 'felt a bit stabby'!!! :eek::eek:

180673543_3991261720953879_7425619114778231859_n.jpg

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Good grief, that girl is one tough cookie.

'A bit stabby' :oops:.

ETA It was years before my parents took me seriously when I said that if I closed my right eye, everything went fuzzy. Eventually I got my sight checked, and was found to be so short sighted in my left eye that I couldn't even see the largest letter on the test chart.

My father was a consultant eye surgeon :D.

Last edited:

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Bloody hell AE. Don’t feel too bad though. Many years ago, I slipped coming downstairs. Agony in ankle. Eventually Mum took me to hospital. X-Ray later, Dr confirmed broken, asked her when I’d broken it before! Have broken it again since.

I did the same. broke the top clean off my arm, the mri showed a bad break on my collar bone from previously. The Surgeon couldn't believe I couldn't pin point exactly when that would have been, but could think of a couple of occasions it *could* have been!

Is she having it operated on?

Roxylola

Visit site
My physio thinks I've likely dinged my collarbone at some point and not noticed - only from manipulating etc when I finally got round to getting my rotator cuff issues looked at after putting up with it for about 15 years!
Bless katie for soldiering on, hope she heals well and quickly.
To be fair, you broke your ankle and didn't notice either

PurBee

Visit site
Crikey! She must have strong muscles and ligaments to have carried on not being too bothered by it.

Hopefully it fuses to be stronger than the original.
My OH fell off a ladder and broke 2 ribs which self mended, and now he’s got an enlargement where theyve fused back stronger and larger.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Don't tell me, she still wants to do another 90 next weekend? Or upgrade to a 100?

What a tough lass!

No but she is determined to do the Frickley Area Festivals. A full up BE90 Championship course on 20th June. Doc said 3 months no riding. She said not possib;e and told him about Frickley. he said well maybe..... young bones heal fast. But she would literally have to get on and ride that week. No training. And in the meantime I need to find someone to keep Dolly in comp form!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Those damn x rays. Friends daughter broke her back at a ODE. Doctor looked the the x-ray and asked what happened the previous time when she broke her back. Mum thought for a moment and realised it happened the year before but daughter dusted herself off and had a few days off riding.

:eek::eek::eek:

Now rthat makes me feel a bit better about it!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
A bit flipping stabby ???.

I was completely incapacitated when I did mine ??, though I was riding within 4 weeks but not jumping till 6 weeks.

This is what family stories are made from ?, I broke my arm in a riding lesson, went home had tea, parents had an argument about did we ‘really’ need to go to A&E, turns out we did ‘really’ need to go ?.

edit to add: I would want a second opinion on not plating it, mine wasn’t and took 16weeks before they discharged me and even then it wasn’t totally done on x-ray. If they plate it it will be stronger much faster though obviously there are risks of surgery...

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
how's it going to fuse when its just ermm floating?!
I was wondering that , how will it mend when the ends are so far apart.
I must have had a lucky childhood. I only have a bent finger where I broke it in a fight when I was about 9 and just put a plaster on it.

DirectorFury

Visit site
If it makes you feel any better AE it turns out I broke my neck (compression fracture) at some point during my childhood and my parents didn‘t notice or take me to A&E! I only found out a few years ago when having an MRI for what turned out to be a related problem. There are 4 or 5 falls that could have been responsible, between the ages of 6 and 16 :eek:.

I hope Katie heals quickly but I’d def be asking for a second opinion about having it plated.