Andrew Gould and Katie Price

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I have to say I think KP is amazingly talented.

Lets face it, who else has shown her ability to make a mockery of the equestrian world so throughly.
mad.gif

Madam_max

Visit site
I couldn't care less either way about her apart from the fact she does look like a drag queen
grin.gif
grin.gif
I do think that Andrew looked like a complete prat in OK.

BBH

Visit site
I don't like her cos I feel bad for her kids. If she was a single woman absolutely fine do what you want, but those poor kids are going to grow up and see all this car crash behaviour. Not nice.

And absolutely nothing to do with jealousy. Money isn't everything, in fact those that have it realise how little it means in the great scheme of things. Friendships, family and RESPECT of yourself and others are far more important.

kerilli

Visit site
crikey, she's not a crack whore. there are millions of far worse mothers out there, just not in the public eye!
her kids are too young to know much of what's going on at the moment, surely? she has enough money to pay for nannies etc for when she goes out. i'm not saying she's a saint, but i don't understand this condemnation.

BBH

Visit site
crikey, she's not a crack whore. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL give it time. When she runs out of her current sensationalism
(what did she find in the cupboard when the divorce thing was waning oh I know a miscarriage, a rape FGS ) where's she gonna go next. Telling everyone she did the London Marathon with blood running down her legs, jeez thats really low.

There's no talent to fall back on and even she knows its not gonna be a gravy train forever.

spaniel

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I also fail to understand the widespread enmity towards KP. She's not perfect by any means, but who is? (Apart from me, obviously
grin.gif
) She just seems to provoke quite a lot of jealousy and/or snobbery, mostly - dare I say it - from females.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the above....I find her excrutiatingly embarasing and crass. I dont care how much money she has or how (apparently) attractive she is.....she is still embarasing and crass.

jules89

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
crikey, she's not a crack whore. there are millions of far worse mothers out there, just not in the public eye!
her kids are too young to know much of what's going on at the moment, surely? she has enough money to pay for nannies etc for when she goes out. i'm not saying she's a saint, but i don't understand this condemnation.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said

jenbleep

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think the pictures are really tat and un-natural , but everyone can see that his wife Polly looks so much classier than the aging drag queen that is KP

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? Obviously KP looks her usual tatty self but I thought Polly looked pretty ghastly too tbh! Her clothes were the most unflattering shapes possible for her figure and I thought she looked far worse than when I've seen her at events
confused.gif

Also, not sure anyone who discusses their own boob job in a national magazine is that much 'classier' than KP
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you Twigs!
blush.gif
smile.gif

Attila_the_Hungry

Visit site
So her marriage has failed (for whatever reason), and she's gone on holiday, got pissed a few times and slept with a couple of blokes*. Big deal! I'm sure her kids would still rather have her as a mother than a lazy dole-scrounger whose only appearance on tv will be on Jeremy Kyle or Police 5!

Its amazing how many people who say money isn't everything have an ample supply of it. Either that or they're some sort of hippy.
crazy.gif
grin.gif

I'm also amazed at how many people feel qualified to pass judgment on other peoples lives and characters, when they actually know nothing about them at all. "Reality tv" actually bears little resemblance to reality.
shocked.gif

*[Or so I believe. My major source of information about KP is this forum, but she seems a long way from Amy Winehouse]

BBH

Visit site
Sorry don't agree. She personifies all that is going wrong in this country. Most people don't aspire to be the star attraction on Jeremy Kyle. Money has become the holy grail and someone is deemed a success or failure dependant on how much they have. Well money pays bills certainly but it doesn't provide for much else. You never know who your true friends are, find it hard to trust anyone and you get collared by a whole bunch of sycophants telling you how wonderful you are.

She should / could be setting an example, just because others are worse doesn't mean we should all make our way to the cesspool.

Kenzo

Visit site
I bought the mag last week and to be honest I did cringe at the pictures, its good that they can all talk and laugh about it and obviously they are all very close friends but with the bad press that KP is getting at the moment it would be a shame for it to rub off onto AG and not be taken seriously anymore, I do think though that half of it is just bad press, yes KP can come out with stupid things and has and always will make a fool of herself but I do think it gets twisted by the press alot and AG shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry don't agree. She personifies all that is going wrong in this country. Most people don't aspire to be the star attraction on Jeremy Kyle. Money has become the holy grail and someone is deemed a success or failure dependant on how much they have. Well money pays bills certainly but it doesn't provide for much else. You never know who your true friends are, find it hard to trust anyone and you get collared by a whole bunch of sycophants telling you how wonderful you are.

She should / could be setting an example, just because others are worse doesn't mean we should all make our way to the cesspool.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i think the kind of people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show personify all that is wrong with this country.

she makes money, she doesn't depend on anyone. having money does not have anything to do with surrounding yourself with sycophants.
it's easy to downplay the importance of money if you have plenty, or if you don't have any morals about being dependent on govt hand-outs.
also, not everyone measures 'wealth' in purely monetary terms, fwiw.

Twiglet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think the pictures are really tat and un-natural , but everyone can see that his wife Polly looks so much classier than the aging drag queen that is KP

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? Obviously KP looks her usual tatty self but I thought Polly looked pretty ghastly too tbh! Her clothes were the most unflattering shapes possible for her figure and I thought she looked far worse than when I've seen her at events
confused.gif

Also, not sure anyone who discusses their own boob job in a national magazine is that much 'classier' than KP
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you Twigs!
blush.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But it does mean we've both admitted to reading OK
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Darn, erm, we get it delivered free at work and someone had already took The Times to read.....
grin.gif
wink.gif

Phew
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh rubbish.....erm, I tripped over and fell on a copy in the newsagents!!

jenbleep

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Darn, erm, we get it delivered free at work and someone had already took The Times to read.....
grin.gif
wink.gif

Phew
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh rubbish.....erm, I tripped over and fell on a copy in the newsagents!!

[/ QUOTE ]

"It just happened!" Hehe
grin.gif
wink.gif

BBH

Visit site
I agree I don't like spongers off the state if they can work but some genuinely can't and to say someone is awful solely because they are on benefits is equally cruel. Some are trapped on benefits and the Government is to blame by creating a system that is totally inflexible ie the 16hrs rule.

For me though irrespective of the amount of money someone has there is a thing called personal dignity and imo KP falls far short. She has every advantage money can buy and could put her wealth to so much good use yet all she seems to do is use it to fund a playgirl lifestyle. ( which of course she is entitled to ) but imo its wasted on her.

I think too many people accept her behaviour cos she's rich. If she was behaving like that on a council sink estate I think people's reaction would be very different.

millimoo

Visit site
Aren't we missing the point here....
I'm indifferent to Katie Price either way, obviously I don't know her personally (i think she adores her horses though) but the media gravy train surrounding her is just awful - I'm surprised AG and his wife want to stir themselves into the mix - especially in view of the bad feeling that surrounds her.

Yes, maybe they are supporting their friend KP, but I'm at a loss as to why they would want to do it in such a public way - I think it will do him more harm than good in the long run - they may also have an agenda, but ultimately they're just pawns in the KP PR machine.

I find it a bit distastful that as a proffessional of the sport he would want to bring himself down to her level and clearly take sides.

I'll shut up now..... over tired following a long train journey from Leeds to Slough
crazy.gif

Attila_the_Hungry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
... She has every advantage money can buy and could put her wealth to so much good use yet all she seems to do is use it to fund a playgirl lifestyle. ( which of course she is entitled to ) but imo its wasted on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to wonder what KP ever did to you to make you so down on her! I'm beginning to wonder if you're Hyacinth Bucket in disguise!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I've just been off for a quick Google about her, and she is a patron of The Vision Charity. She ran the London Marathon to raise money for them, and Wikipedia says she has raised £1 million for them so far (citation needed, but Wikipedia never lies
wink.gif
). She has also raised money for a number of other charities, and is supposed to be setting up her own charity foundation.

I'm sorry she doesn't match up to your own impeccable standards, but then again, why should she?

{Edited to correct the grammar}

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree I don't like spongers off the state if they can work but some genuinely can't and to say someone is awful solely because they are on benefits is equally cruel.

I think too many people accept her behaviour cos she's rich. If she was behaving like that on a council sink estate I think people's reaction would be very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

and who said anyone is awful just because they're on benefits? not me. some people deserve it, including my cousin who was in a horrifically debilitating lorry crash, received no compensation, is on disability benefit and is absolutely unable to work - if he could, he would.

i don't think anyone accepts her behaviour because she's rich - she's got enough critics! there are millions of women who behave FAR worse than she does but because they're not in the public eye, they don't get condemned.

Weezy

Visit site
QR: I think it is really sad that KP gets slagged off all the time. She has made her own money, she loves horses, she is a good mother (regardless of what the press say), and she has been a victim of being an easy target in the media for a very long time. She does do distasteful things, granted, but why condemn her for getting herself a good trainer and becoming friends with him and his wife
confused.gif
Andrew is obv happy with the situation, as is his wife, so really it isn't anyone's business to start speculating that KP is *bringing AG down*. They are all adults.

She DOES look better with less make up on, and she really is a dreadful drunk, but I know people like that in RL and they are actually very nice people most of the time. Everyone has their faults, remember that!

Good luck to her and all she does in the future, tho I do hope that includes toning the make up down as she really is very, very pretty
grin.gif

kit279

Visit site
I like Katie Price - I actually like her more after her divorce (unlike most people) for being so hard faced and tough in the face of an absolute media battering and for not just falling off the rails and taking drugs to escape like a couple of other celebrities getting a beating. I like that she works hard, is completely up front about using her body and her image, I like that she spends her money on herself and her horses - because she earned it so good for her. I'm a big fan of people smart enough to realise that to pay for your horses, you have to make enough money to do so and she goes about it in a very effective manner. It wouldn't be my personal choice to do the things she does but every time I used to have to go a meeting with some really chauvinistic prats at work, I do think 'get your Jordan on and grin and bear it'.