Andrew Gould and Katie Price

Newmarket

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
At the end of the day he's a Dressage trainer, and she's a wealthy client that's become a friend....... fair enough, it's happens
However I personally think it makes him less credible as a person (not as a Rider & Trainer, that was never in question) now that he's got involved in the OK / Tabloid circus.
I'll never train with him, will never know him, but just have my own opinion on the Press, and what is tantamount to bitchy gossip and heresay..... there's enough of that that goes on in the horse world as it is.
Still each to their own, and if they got a big cheque, fair play if he wants to sell his soul and support his Press hungry chum.

I totally agree with that each to their own, no one forced AG to appear in Ok he is a grown man and has made that decision right or wrong, i dont know KP but why is all the blame surrounding her PR
confused.gif
, isnt AG wife in PR or have i got that wrong?!!
confused.gif
smirk.gif

Divasmum

Visit site
I must admit to being guilty! I went out to buy OK magazine (for the first time ever) when I heard they were in but only because I was being very nosey because I know Andrew and wanted to see the article.

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I must admit to being guilty! I went out to buy OK magazine (for the first time ever) when I heard they were in but only because I was being very nosey because I know Andrew and wanted to see the article.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, me too... grabbed a copy today. bumper issue for them i think! i think the whole article is a great mickey-take. good for them, hope they made £££s out of it.

i'll divert a lot of the venom on here away from Katie towards myself - i really love her lilac topboots!
wink.gif

Ambypamby

Visit site
I really dont mind her- i think she is just a girl who says silly things and it gets blown out of proportion. I can think of sooo many silly girls like her i know. She just gets press attention and a big pay cheque. I honestly think that the article in OK was done in good humor and i even had to smile at the clothing i mean it wouldnt look right if it was anything else would it? I think AG wife looks like a nice lady and she seems to have took all this in her stride and they are still together and still happy which is all that matters. I honestly think the press twist everything to make her out in the worst possible light- yes she does not help herself. But if I were her i prob would have had a lot of fun having my pics taken with my mates as a total pi** take and receiving a nice bit of cash for a new horse in return. Good on Andrew and Polly i say!

CalllyH

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i reallly do not like him. hes not even good looking which would at least be a bonus!!

His yard on her programme looked a mess and if her idea of riding is ten minutes on a horse thats all ready warmed up then so be it. even if i had all the money in the world that would take away the fun of what riding is all about to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you have been to the yard then ridden in the schools and of course been there for one of her training sessions seeing as you know so much about it ???

[/ QUOTE ]

No but it was on her tv programme last week and has been a couple of times before. maybe I shouldnt comment but thats just going on what you see on tv but there are other ways of giving a better public image. Like last thursday they were at her house and he was swearing and saying he was getting horny. not the best.

I did have a look at his website the other day as i was confused by the OK article and cant work out what I think of him - his website is very good and has some lovely horses (mostly which seem to be owned by his mum and dad and a couple by Katie) andrew gould

I think for me all though she is awful im mostly just jealous she can afford whatever she wants !! like flying to LA to get her hair done!

mtj

Visit site
I'm clearly on a different planet to the lot of you.

No interest in KP good or bad. Who cares. Only know what i've seen in H+H. But, for years I've heard riders moan about certain top riders saying that they are only there because of their money/connections.

Well, lets see. KP is lobbing god knows how much money into this. Will it make her a respected rider? Can a very average but determined rider get to the top with the right tuition and schoolmasters?

She has taken the logical step of buying an established horse. According to H+H (couple of weeks ago) Glamour Girl was formerly known as Northern Blaze and competed at Prix St.George. No doubt many of us would love the opportunity to train with Andrew Gould.

If this combination of finance and determination does get KP to the top, what does it say about equestrian sport?

Enough pondering. I'll let you all get back to your Hello, OK etc.
grin.gif

Oh, yes I have been told I think too much
blush.gif

CalllyH

Visit site
im not sure she wants to get to the top does she? from what i gather from interviews its mostly fun to her but she can afford to have fun on top level horses.

someone i know has seen her at horse shows before though - not sure where or if she was riding she just looked very orange apparantly - but so do I!

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i reallly do not like him. hes not even good looking which would at least be a bonus!!

His yard on her programme looked a mess and if her idea of riding is ten minutes on a horse thats all ready warmed up then so be it. even if i had all the money in the world that would take away the fun of what riding is all about to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you have been to the yard then ridden in the schools and of course been there for one of her training sessions seeing as you know so much about it ???

[/ QUOTE ]

No but it was on her tv programme last week and has been a couple of times before. maybe I shouldnt comment but thats just going on what you see on tv but there are other ways of giving a better public image. Like last thursday they were at her house and he was swearing and saying he was getting horny. not the best.

I did have a look at his website the other day as i was confused by the OK article and cant work out what I think of him - his website is very good and has some lovely horses (mostly which seem to be owned by his mum and dad and a couple by Katie) andrew gould

I think for me all though she is awful im mostly just jealous she can afford whatever she wants !! like flying to LA to get her hair done!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so out of the 7 horses on the website only 1 is owned by Katie??

and yes unless you have actually been there maybe best not comment - the facilities are amazing and the place is kept very tidy but this is a stables remember that??

and so what if he swore do you mean that all dressage riders never swear or get drunk then ??? you obviously have not met many have you ?? I think that just proved what normal people Andrew and Polly are actually

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
im not sure she wants to get to the top does she? from what i gather from interviews its mostly fun to her but she can afford to have fun on top level horses.

someone i know has seen her at horse shows before though - not sure where or if she was riding she just looked very orange apparantly - but so do I!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for you PM and yes i do know Andrew And Polly very well - and they have been on and read all your comments and they are very upset that you think there place looks like a mess and would like to offer you a personal invitation to there yard so you can see the top class facilities?

CalllyH

Visit site
like i said ive only commented on what was on the tele for 5 minutes and in no way was it personal. Im sure the yard is good because the horses certainly look fab on the website.

jesterfaerie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
like i said ive only commented on what was on the tele for 5 minutes and in no way was it personal. Im sure the yard is good because the horses certainly look fab on the website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I have seen you comment what a mess his yard is more than once on here, you certainly seem to be trying to put a point across. IMO if you are now saying that it isn't personal and you are basing it on a small preview from the tv why continously make the comment?
Sorry it really does get on my nerve when people un-necessary comment on a yards appearance.

kerilli

Visit site
ooh, nice link. just having a look at Gallery pic number 7 (3rd row up from the bottom, LHS pic.) not a typical dressage rider shot!
i think he knows exactly what he's doing! good luck to them all, hopefully laughing all the way to the bank!
i can't believe the comments about the yard either. just because they're pictured messing around in straw...?

ucmeicu

Visit site
good luck to her, its a forum everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether others agree or not, obviously if yr pally with them you will stick up for them but people are allowed to make their own minds up and post it. The people involved have all put themselves in the public eye, selling stories, appearing in tv shows and magazines, tbh if you put yourself out there if you get stick you have to take it, Katie Price does and they should learn from her she is very good at what she does whether you or I like it or not. I think its funny they have a huff over someone saying they have a scruffy yard. Obviously money is being made and its not from training riders and horses. Must be enough to pay someone to tidy the yard lolol

Cyrus

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ooh, nice link. just having a look at Gallery pic number 7 (3rd row up from the bottom, LHS pic.) not a typical dressage rider shot!
i think he knows exactly what he's doing! good luck to them all, hopefully laughing all the way to the bank!
i can't believe the comments about the yard either. just because they're pictured messing around in straw...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that shot was taken for a charity calender, I remember seeing it somewhere else

To be honest I think Katie really just wanted a chance to show once and for all she hasn`t been having an affair with Andrew and that half the things the press come up with is a load of bollocks, I think her tv programme is showing that

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
good luck to her, its a forum everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether others agree or not, obviously if yr pally with them you will stick up for them but people are allowed to make their own minds up and post it. The people involved have all put themselves in the public eye, selling stories, appearing in tv shows and magazines, tbh if you put yourself out there if you get stick you have to take it, Katie Price does and they should learn from her she is very good at what she does whether you or I like it or not. I think its funny they have a huff over someone saying they have a scruffy yard. Obviously money is being made and its not from training riders and horses. Must be enough to pay someone to tidy the yard lolol

[/ QUOTE ]

excuse me i have not commented on anyone else's post as they are all entitled to an opinion of what they think - but being damn right rude about someone yard saying its a mess when they have never been there - its nasty ! and all this about she looks great after a lesson do you really think that when they film her she has actually had a lesson - NO !!!! she is hardly going to show TV viewers her looking sweaty and red faced is she and to be honest only horsey people would know that is what your supposed to look like !!

CalllyH

Visit site
I said what was shown on TV and if something is on tv then members of the public will comment and as i clearly said i have apologised and it was meant in no way personal.

Also i have not commented on what she looks like when riding but have said she needs to wear a hat as one episode she did have one on and as a role model in the very public eye I strongly feel she should wear one - I manage to cram my extensions into one. I think that is a very valid point too.

ucmeicu

Visit site
What are you apologising for? If something is shown on tv you are entitled to your opinion, whether it upsets friends of people concerned or not, or the people involved. Your point about the hat is very valid. If people dont want public opinions on themselves and their property etc then they dont give permission to be filmed at work,or on nights out etc. or do magazines.

lapthorne

New User
Visit site
Well, for some unknown reason I decided to look at the Katie Price websie for her PINK (ARGHHHH!) clothes! I know, why was I bothering! Well yesterday one of our livery owners walked into the yard with PINK wellies and our cockeral attacked her! Quite right too! It was very funny and fortunately said livery owner was laughing aswell!

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Surely you could apply that to all the comments about KP, Im' sure few have met her in real life?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the comment are rude and nasty and someone that repeatedly puts the same things up - fine have an opinion but dont be nasty about things maybe next time she may want to think how she writes it ??

marmalade76

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this and I think appearing in OK will do nothing for AG's career as a rider, but will probably lead to different but more lucrative things.

millimoo

Visit site
And so it runs and runs...... brilliant!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I can't believe how upset some people are getting - i've certainly voiced my opinion. Think the state of the yard comment is a load of bulls**t, and anyone with half a brain knows that.
AG and his wife have let the world in and become part of the KP circus - it's bringing fortune and fame, and they are now wide open to all the trappings it brings good and bad
cool.gif

But hey ho, we're all entitled to an opinion and it makes hilarious reading when i'm meant to be working
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif