Andrew Gould and Katie Price

only_me

Visit site
whats the point in posting gossip if not allowed?
tongue.gif

Tinkerbee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know who Katie Price is, but who is Andrew Gould?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
smirk.gif

And in QR... What fine, moral upstanding citizens HHOers are.
crazy.gif

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
deleted so only me doesn't get done for libel or slander or whatever
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be careful writing things like that on here...you never know who is watching
wink.gif

lucretia

Visit site
wish i could make as much money as katie, then i would doubtless also buy a smart horse and a smart trainer to go with it. i think she could lose the orange tan but other than that I think she is alright. She knows how to work the media as this thread amply demostrates.
But i will eat my own laptop before i buy a copy of hellookbravo .............
wink.gif

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
deleted so only me doesn't get done for libel or slander or whatever
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be careful writing things like that on here...you never know who is watching
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh and trust me they are !!!!

anyone who actually knows polly and andrew personally - knows the situation and has spoken to them about it not many of you !! as Weezy said they are adults !!

And im sure if i got papped on a night out i would look far worse than KP but hey ho im not famous !!

CalllyH

Visit site
i reallly do not like him. hes not even good looking which would at least be a bonus!!

His yard on her programme looked a mess and if her idea of riding is ten minutes on a horse thats all ready warmed up then so be it. even if i had all the money in the world that would take away the fun of what riding is all about to me

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I have to admit I am strangely fascinated by Katie - I think its because she doesn't really seem to give a s**t about what others think which must give you a freedom that most of us don't have. I actually can't help but like her - not sure why.

However those that say they admire her - well normally when you admire someone you want to emulate them in some way so get your kit off, have a boob job(s), get drunk and s**g a few male celebrities, allegedly drink and take drugs throughout your pregnancy and sell your soul to the media then you will be well on your way. She may have earned her own money but would you seriously want to sell your body and soul to acheive this?

So I like her but can't admire her - I'm confused
confused.gif
grin.gif

beckieswann

Visit site
To be honest, KP is a vey clever business woman... she plays the media how she wants them, she manipulates (maybe a too strong word!) people to do what she wants, all for money - and look how much she has got!! She's very clever in what she does. Andrew Gould on the other hand.... well he looks to be going the same way!

Lets hope they put this money to good use and win us some medals!!

(Don't get me wrong, I loathe KP, I think she's disgusting!!)

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i reallly do not like him. hes not even good looking which would at least be a bonus!!

His yard on her programme looked a mess and if her idea of riding is ten minutes on a horse thats all ready warmed up then so be it. even if i had all the money in the world that would take away the fun of what riding is all about to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you have been to the yard then ridden in the schools and of course been there for one of her training sessions seeing as you know so much about it ???

SaraG

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, KP is a vey clever business woman... she plays the media how she wants them, she manipulates (maybe a too strong word!) people to do what she wants, all for money - and look how much she has got!! She's very clever in what she does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is probably closest to the truth and "manipulates" is not a strong word at all - it is highly accurate.

Andrew and Polly are doubtless starting to realise that, what was presented to them as "a bit of fun to get back at the tabloids" was in fact nothing more than Katie's way of sticking two fingers up at Peter and rubbing salt into his wounds. Miss Price doesn't do anything unless there is a clear advantage to her.

I'm definitely not a particular fan of Peter, and there are always two sides to any story, but KP gave away her real intentions in the text alongside the "jolly romp" pictures.

Peter left her - men don't do that to KP as they are "hers". As Shakespeare (nearly) said - Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Dirtymare

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry don't agree. She personifies all that is going wrong in this country. Most people don't aspire to be the star attraction on Jeremy Kyle. Money has become the holy grail and someone is deemed a success or failure dependant on how much they have. Well money pays bills certainly but it doesn't provide for much else. You never know who your true friends are, find it hard to trust anyone and you get collared by a whole bunch of sycophants telling you how wonderful you are.

She should / could be setting an example, just because others are worse doesn't mean we should all make our way to the cesspool.

[/ QUOTE ]
A tad harsh me thinks.
People know I'm NOT a KP fan at all, but I just cant believe this thread is STILL going from yesterday.
Somebody has previously said that people are jeleous of KP's money and horses. I really dont think its jeleousy at all. Most people are NOT jeleous of celebraties or their money. Oh, and NOBODY is doubting she cares about her horses - thats not the point here.
KP has exploited herself through the tabloids and her reality programme and its possibly the way she has done this that gets people so up tight about her.
I agree she and Peter Andre seem to have played a game with the papers about their marriage split. And I cannot understand why Dwight York has jumped on the bandwaggon, its not THAT interesting!!

jesterfaerie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the 3rd time I have seen you mention the state of his yard and tbh I don't think it is something that needs commenting on.
IMO someone could have the most spectacular yard (facility and cleanliness wise) and I may actually be run wrongly with bad staff. Just because a yard isn't perfectly clean and/or without the worlds greatest facilities (not saying his isn't - have never seen it) does not mean a thing. You never know the horses there may recieve the best care and training there than at a yard which you may consider to be of 'better quality' or whatever.

I doesn't see a problem with the OK article, IMO KP, AG and PG must have been happy with the arrangement in order for it to go ahead I do not think AG (especially) would have done it if he thought it may damage his reputation in any way - why should it?
All three of them are obviously good friends and I cannot understand why people are saying that he shouldn't be involved with KP. Yes she is in the limelight and getting slated for her behaviour but that is no reason to end a friendship with someone! They are adults and are perfectly capable of choosing who the be assosiated with and what details they give out to the press.
I strongly agree with kerilli, KP may be coming off in a bad light at times but there are far worse people out there.

lucretia

Visit site
yeah I agree with jesterfaerie about the yard becausse i can think of at least one very shiny and much vaunted event yard where if you saw a list of the injured that are living there you would be horrified. I dont think his yard has any relevance to the discussion at all.

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the 3rd time I have seen you mention the state of his yard and tbh I don't think it is something that needs commenting on.
IMO someone could have the most spectacular yard (facility and cleanliness wise) and I may actually be run wrongly with bad staff. Just because a yard isn't perfectly clean and/or without the worlds greatest facilities (not saying his isn't - have never seen it) does not mean a thing. You never know the horses there may recieve the best care and training there than at a yard which you may consider to be of 'better quality' or whatever.

I doesn't see a problem with the OK article, IMO KP, AG and PG must have been happy with the arrangement in order for it to go ahead I do not think AG (especially) would have done it if he thought it may damage his reputation in any way - why should it?
All three of them are obviously good friends and I cannot understand why people are saying that he shouldn't be involved with KP. Yes she is in the limelight and getting slated for her behaviour but that is no reason to end a friendship with someone! They are adults and are perfectly capable of choosing who the be assosiated with and what details they give out to the press.
I strongly agree with kerilli, KP may be coming off in a bad light at times but there are far worse people out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said !!!!! i to have seen her mention the yard a few times !!!! funny i bet she has never been there - i personally think it has fantastic facilities and you get told off if you go on the grass !! he he x

jesterfaerie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well said !!!!! i to have seen her mention the yard a few times !!!! funny i bet she has never been there - i personally think it has fantastic facilities and you get told off if you go on the grass !! he he x

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, did you get told off?
smirk.gif

As I have said I don't know what his yard is like but I am betting it is a million times better than mine and would gladly swap with his any day of the week even if it is a 'mess'
grin.gif

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, did you get told off?
smirk.gif

As I have said I don't know what his yard is like but I am betting it is a million times better than mine and would gladly swap with his any day of the week even if it is a 'mess'
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes got on sharp horse who shot sideways - woops !!!

The problem is people only see the car parkl on telly i mean how many carparks look amazing !!!!

dressager

Visit site
My first thought, and concern, was I hope Andrew knows how he's coming across by doing articles like that. I nearly went to Holland with him to buy a horse but then found one over here, I was just thinking if the serious buyer wants to go on a Europe shopping trip (which I'm guessing he still organises) will they pick him, or will they take their money to someone who comes across as being more serious and professional?

I would just like to add I have nothing against anyone involved in this drama, and I really hope the publicity works out favourably for Andrew as he's a decent guy.

BBH

Visit site
This is not an anti AG thing but if I had serious money to spend on a horse I'd be going to Carl or someone who is consistently at the top of their game and delivering the results. I've no doubt you'd be paying a premium but thats to be expected as i'd be paying someone whose knowledge and experience I was tapping into.

lucretia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Damn I miss out on life not reading OK magazine dont I
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

me as well then. we can be sad and boring old fuddy duddy's together then.
smile.gif
smile.gif

spangledressage

New User
Visit site
I think Andrew Gould is a really talented rider and is obviously well thought of having been selected onto World Class for many years. Horse power is everything these days sadly and I believe he isn't from a wealthy background and works very hard to keep what he has. Looking at his website biog he seems to have done rather well in his career so far and only in his 20's still a bit young to right off I would have thought. Think its a bit sad when people come on here and put down our riders but hey ho you will always get some I suppose.

millimoo

Visit site
At the end of the day he's a Dressage trainer, and she's a wealthy client that's become a friend....... fair enough, it's happens
However I personally think it makes him less credible as a person (not as a Rider & Trainer, that was never in question) now that he's got involved in the OK / Tabloid circus.
I'll never train with him, will never know him, but just have my own opinion on the Press, and what is tantamount to bitchy gossip and heresay..... there's enough of that that goes on in the horse world as it is.
Still each to their own, and if they got a big cheque, fair play if he wants to sell his soul and support his Press hungry chum.

As for the yard thing, that's the most irrelevent and stupid comment to make.
My mums horse is in competition livery on a yard that's a working farm (i.e not smart and posh) and quite frankly in terms of experience, routine, facililties and care they are 200%. The immaculate, posh yard over the hill wouldn't be touched with a barge pole.

BBH

Visit site
Think its a bit sad when people come on here and put down our riders but hey ho you will always get some I suppose.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair I don't think anyone has put down AG as a rider, trainer etc its more a questioning of his choice of playmate that is controversial. Does anyone know what the influential people in the sport think ie the selectors. It might seem a laugh to some people but do those in power like what attraction she has bought. I don't know maybe they do. Although with the arrival or Tortillas I think a true star is now available.

Sarah1

Visit site
I haven't read all of the previous posts but will go back & do so when I have more time...
I don't know her personally so I can't comment on her as a person but her media persona is utterly vile and I have to say she bores me beyond belief - I don't think she's newsworthy at all and all we're doing by discussing her latest tasteless photo shoot is giving her the attention she so desperately seeks!
I honestly couldn't care less what or who she does!
wink.gif

All the money in the world can't buy you class, KP is living proof of that...
smirk.gif