Another fatal dog attack

SilverLinings

Visit site
He has already had pocket bullies of his attack other people's dogs, and this XLB escaped from his property to attack the horses, and he makes his living dog breeding and as a 'canine transport business'. Ironically he spoke out against the ban and said it was bad owners not dogs that caused incidents. I really hope he is banned from keeping dogs as he doesn't sound like someone who is going to start behaving responsibly any time soon.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site

Jenko109

Visit site
''We are looking for a new home for our 2 year old bully. We recommend no children in the house for his new home as this is the reason of having to find him a new home, he was great with our older child but since a new baby has come along his behaviour is different and unfortunately can't be in the house around the children.
His name is Sully and HE IS NOT AN XL BULLY, HE IS UNDER 20INCHS. ''

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505-130457_Pets4Homes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505-130457_Pets4Homes.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 25

misst

Visit site
''We are looking for a new home for our 2 year old bully. We recommend no children in the house for his new home as this is the reason of having to find him a new home, he was great with our older child but since a new baby has come along his behaviour is different and unfortunately can't be in the house around the children.
Why can't people just do the right thing. It's sheer cowardice and irresponsibility. Pass the problem on rather than face difficult decisions. Pathetic

SilverLinings

Visit site
Regardless of whether or not he measures in as an XLB they are irresponsibly trying to rehome a dog that has shown aggression towards a child, is large enough to cause significant damage and is a bull type (so significant bite strength). Whether he is an inch either side of the classification of XLBs how are they going to ensure he is homed with someone who can guarantee preventing him injuring anyone? It would actually be more reassuring if he did measure in as an XLB as at least he would have to wear a muzzle in public.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
22 XLBs seized, 6 pts due to poor health
So illegal breeding, what idiot thought this was a good idea?!

OH was walking Goose yesterday and as he was going in to the park, coming out was an xl, u muzzled, along with 2 other big dogs. He did a quick turnaround and went to the other entrance. I'm delighted to say I have yet to see any xls in the woods, been a lovely couple of walks in the sunshine the past couple of days.

skinnydipper

Visit site

He had a list of allergies, could only eat fish. He was for sale for £10, that included all his gear and food for a month.

Ad. now deleted, I assume sold.

I wonder how much attention and exercise he was getting with a child and a new baby in the house and how much of his day was spent in his crate.

I wonder where he is now.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
He had a list of allergies, could only eat fish. He was for sale for £10, that included all his gear and food for a month.

Ad. now deleted, I assume sold.

I wonder how much attention and exercise he was getting with a child and a new baby in the house and how much of his day was spent in his crate.

I wonder where he is now.
Wonder how long it will be before a child is hurt or has he been bought by someone for fighting, wherever he has gone he is likely not to have a good life and should have been PTS if the family weren’t prepared to work with him.. it’s just easier to get rid , people make me cross !!

Indy

Visit site
EWS: South Yorkshire’s first XL Bully case in court
In February 2024, the legislation around owning and keeping an XL Bully dog changed, and owners were required to register, insure, and neuter their animals following an increase in attacks across the country involving the breed.
Ahead of the legislation changes, Dog Legislation Officers engaged with and educated owners across South Yorkshire around the upcoming changes, but we continued and continue to see owners who failed to act and take responsibility.
An owner of an XL Bully in Sheffield who failed to register her dogs has appeared in court.
Kylie Daley, 25, of Chapletown pleaded guilty at a previous hearing to owning two XL Bully Dogs and had failed to register them with Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
Appearing before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court last week (Friday 3 May), the judge ordered that both dogs are put to sleep.
Chief Inspector Emma Cheney, leading the work around dangerous dogs in South Yorkshire said: “Ahead of the legislation changing, owners were given enough time and reminders to register their dogs with DEFRA.
“We issued numerous reminders to owners to act. We are here to ensure the law is followed and unfortunately the destruction of these two dogs is the reality of owners failing to act responsibility.
“The legislation around XL Bullys was brought in following a significant rise in attacks by the breed across the country. It is important to remember that all dogs can cause harm and fear, but dogs of bigger breeds, including the XL Bully have a greater power and drive.
“If you are a dog owner, please remember to act responsibly, know your dog and reduce risks where possible; everyone has a responsibility for our community’s safety.
“If you have concerns about a dog, please get in touch. We will not seize or remove a dog unnecessarily, but we can safeguard vulnerable people, including children living in the property and work with the owner to ensure everyone’s safety.
Read more here- https://orlo.uk/Bm3Ke

SilverLinings

Visit site
Hopefully the fact the dogs are having to be destroyed as a result of the owner's recklessness/laziness/obstinacy will point out to some of the similarly-minded people that they aren't above the law.

As the registration service closed on 1st February presumably anyone who didn't register by then will now have their dogs PTS if caught by the police? I wonder how many owners thought it would be possible to register late, or if caught to plead ignorance and register at that point.*

*I have just found one reference that says it is up to the court to decide whether you can register your dog late (after being charged by the police), but all the other information says it's not an option, and the registration service appears to be closed, so not sure about this.

conniegirl

Visit site
Hopefully the fact the dogs are having to be destroyed as a result of the owner's recklessness/laziness/obstinacy will point out to some of the similarly-minded people that they aren't above the law.

As the registration service closed on 1st February presumably anyone who didn't register by then will now have their dogs PTS if caught by the police? I wonder how many owners thought it would be possible to register late, or if caught to plead ignorance and register at that point.*

*I have just found one reference that says it is up to the court to decide whether you can register your dog late (after being charged by the police), but all the other information says it's not an option, and the registration service appears to be closed, so not sure about this.

What used to happen with Pit bulls is that if you voluntarily told the police you had a banned dog and want an exemption is that they would come, take the dog, assess it, either release it back to you under strict conditions pending a court date or keep it in kennels pending a court date.

If you could prove the dog was not a danger the court would issue an exemption certificate