Anybody else's horses gone crackers?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Young figgety midgetty mare is out naked tonight because when I went to put their rugs on tonight she spent a good 70% of the time on two legs. So having got a rug on the big lad I decided that I cba with her (she will be very cross about this in the morning).

I got five steps away and heard thunder....no, check that, it's the idiot horse grand national, which has a run time of approximately 15 minutes and also features sliding stops and crashing into fences (three horse pile up).

Anyone else?

Mule

Visit site
Mine went wild today. I had finished schooling and got off him, removed his saddle and tied up his reins. All of a sudden he took off gallopping at full speed in circles around the arena for 10 minutes.

Mule

Visit site
Mine went wild today. I had finished schooling and got off him, removed his saddle and tied up his reins. All of a sudden he took off gallopping at full speed in circles around the arena for 10 minutes.
(glad he waited until I got off him):oops:

Ceriann

Visit site
Yep! My little missy was quite a handful in our field hack yesterday, which ended with me exiting the side door when she spooked at a noisy tractor and trailer! I’d already sat a couple of decent ones! She’s generally a very good girl so put it down to a moment of madness!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Yup. Three year old won't be caught and doing weird random things.

What is it, do you reckon?

Sealine

Visit site
Yes! I went away for a week and have come back to find my horse has gone nuts. I accused the yard of feeding him rocket fuel whilst I was away. He did move to a new field so I’m blaming the autumn flush of grass.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Dunno, grass and hot-cold temps is what I'm blaming it on.

Fortunately Arts is such a goody two shoes at heart that she isn't being silly to handle or ride. Big idiot is bouncy to ride at the moment, but that's mainly amusing. We had to hide in a hedge to sneak past a killer wheelie bin with ivy decoration a few days ago 😏

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

Hahaha - while you stand in the middle not sure whether to laugh, cry or just walk off and leave him to it?

Fools Motto

Visit site
Yes! Our wonderful steady plod first pony changed gear without permission and bucked! Couldn't believe it.
Many years ago was told 'clipping time' is often a cause for high jjinx... he's not clipped yet, but will be. I think he, and some of the others will need a bit more to keep their minds occupied over the next few weeks...
And I'm due to get back into the saddle too after injury. Will make sure a 'oh S$£t' strap is on hand...

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Yep. Last sun was entertaining. Son's pony was pinging which un-nerved him a bit. My mare helped the situation by trying to tank about whilst she was being long reined ( under physio and vet at mo). It wasn't easy holding onto the pair of them!

Son's pony was spooky toad on Tues and performed a lovely 360 apparently!😕

I am blaming the weather.

Surbie

Visit site
Glad to know I'm not on my own. Mine has turned v spooky and the jump shed is again the Home Of All Evil, to be passed sideways with snorts and at speed.

only_me

Visit site
Must be the change of seasons, Billy has been very on form the past couple of weeks lol. Saw him chasing cars in the field the other day :rolleyes:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Two of mine are their usual, cheery-but-reasonable selves. The idiot, however, had a melodramatic moment yesterday when we turned for home along the bridleway that runs beside my field - we launched, we did a couple of angry handstands, and threw ourselves into the air a bit. I told him to wait. I'm fairly sure his response roughly translated as "I did my waiting... 12 years of it... In Azkaban"... :rolleyes: He's such a muppet!

teddypops

Visit site
Yes , my 8yo gelding is usually pretty easy going, yesterday I lunged him and he was doing a lovely trot when he turned suddenly, shot off down the school, jumped the fence and headed back to his mates. I was not impressed!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Yes! The Beast and Granny went full lunatic when I went to catch them in this morning. It was Granny who started it too! FFS horse, you're 22, arthritic and were lame as a duck on Monday... have you forgotten?! The Beast wasn't sure what was going on but thought it was great fun. Thankfully The Beast reverted to DobinMode for the walk in from the field and Granny does lunatic on a loose lead rope. So I wasn't ripped in two at any point. Pair of nutters.

I didn't ride today. Will probably regret that decision tomorrow. I'm threatening Granny with coming out of retirement right now too. 😂