Anyone remember the Equestriad computer game? There's a surprise!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
OMG I finally won an event! Admittedly the most basic beginner event but I actually won! Despite a refusal on the xc which I thought had messed it up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Badminton looks like if I ever get there the advert it looks really good.

What happens if you add friends?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
OMG I finally won an event! Admittedly the most basic beginner event but I actually won! Despite a refusal on the xc which I thought had messed it up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Badminton looks like if I ever get there the advert it looks really good.

What happens if you add friends?

Cross posted, tonight must be a good night ?

SOS

Visit site
I’ve just downloaded and been playing this. As for the bug...

Our first competition went well. The second the horse ran through the bridle a little showjumping but kept running out of stamina so that helped. However the banana I fed him before the next event must of put him on his toes as he bolted in the dressage even out of the arena! Less feed and more turnout me thinks

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I loved Equestriad, so was very excited to hear about this (I'm 37 and very tragic!). However I have found the new one nothing but frustrating. I don't understand the controls, there was no 'training' level (to get the hang of the controls), I don't get the grooming thing as it keeps making the horse angry, and I just got in a piss and closed it down ???

How on earth do you make the horse turn? I thought it would be by tilting my phone side to side but it barely works. Also, in the dressage what the hell do you have to do? I just don't get it, and I want the old Equestriad back!

Reactions: TPO

Sprat

Visit site
I loved Equestriad, so was very excited to hear about this (I'm 37 and very tragic!). However I have found the new one nothing but frustrating. I don't understand the controls, there was no 'training' level (to get the hang of the controls), I don't get the grooming thing as it keeps making the horse angry, and I just got in a piss and closed it down ???

How on earth do you make the horse turn? I thought it would be by tilting my phone side to side but it barely works. Also, in the dressage what the hell do you have to do? I just don't get it, and I want the old Equestriad back!

As you are holding your phone, use your left thumb on the screen and that should help you turn. Took me a while to figure it out but seems to be working ok. I can't seem to get to grips with when to jump... I keep getting too deep into the SJ and trying to take long ones over the XC fences which is oddly representative of how I actually ride ?

Uliy

Visit site
If you change your controls to “thumb stick”, it is much easier to control and works like a joy stick on the screen!

For jumping, wait for the arrows to turn orange (like how the box before the jump would turn green in old equestriad)!

mbbillz

Visit site
OMG I remember this! As a horse girl also into gaming in general I had probably every horse game ever made ?. I remember always searching for the most realistic one lol! Someone else mentioned Pippa Funnel Stud Farm Inheritance and the quad bike challenge, to this day I don't think I ever completed that! Some others I remember:

- Mary King's Riding Star
- Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge
- Saddle up: Time to Ride
- Let's Ride: Rosemund Hill collection (think this was my fave hahah)

Then there was a weird Barbie one where you could ride but it was from the POV through the horse's ears ahah and something about a mystical horse/horseshoe?!

What a nostalgia trip!!!

Uliy

Visit site
OMG I remember this! As a horse girl also into gaming in general I had probably every horse game ever made ?. I remember always searching for the most realistic one lol! Someone else mentioned Pippa Funnel Stud Farm Inheritance and the quad bike challenge, to this day I don't think I ever completed that! Some others I remember:

- Mary King's Riding Star
- Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge
- Saddle up: Time to Ride
- Let's Ride: Rosemund Hill collection (think this was my fave hahah)

Then there was a weird Barbie one where you could ride but it was from the POV through the horse's ears ahah and something about a mystical horse/horseshoe?!

What a nostalgia trip!!!

I’m so glad you also mentioned the Barbie game - I watched this video (
) the other day and it brought back so many memories! A very decent game for 1998 hehe!

Loving this game and quite obsessed with it now!

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I didn't have this game the first time around but have been playing since seeing this post and it is quite fun, although the app is a bit bugging. I actually haven't really been steering at all - horse seems to stay on track of its own accord if you don't go too fast? It has happened to me a few times in the SJ but I think I was speeding along.

Have only been bolted with once in the dressage when I held my finger on the 'speed up' arrow, doesn't seem to happen if you tap instead as far as I can tell.

I can't say I quite understand when the perfect time to take off is and nobody ever seems to have a fence down? It's just 'too late' or 'too early' and horse stops... would be more fun to knock poles, but that's me being fussy. :p It has been some good entertainment so thanks for sharing!

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
I am so thrilled to have found this! Downloaded it and it’s bringing back so many memories, however without the added mini game (glitch ?) of having to press enter at the exact time the computer highlighted the correct option because it wasn’t quite compatible!

My absolute favourite game was Pippa Funnell: Stud Farm Inheritance. I will forever remember the anger that the quad bike chasing challenge used to cause me!! I’ll have to dig out one of the ancient laptops and give it a go.

100%!!!!!!! I'm actually not sure if I ever got past that level!!

mbbillz

Visit site
I’m so glad you also mentioned the Barbie game - I watched this video (
) the other day and it brought back so many memories! A very decent game for 1998 hehe!

Loving this game and quite obsessed with it now!

OMG this was it!!! So nostalgic ??

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I had the Barbie game, Let's Ride Rosemund hill and some of the Pippa Funnell games.
I also had Mary Kate and Ashley and found it really patronising how she would say "you tried to jump too late" shut up

Some people in the SJ seem to go half a minute quicker its ridiculous. Same with XC im making errors as I feel like I'm rushing

Has anyone found any form of training you can do on your own? I had a task to complete 3 forms of training but the one you pay horseshoes for doesn't count?

sherry90

Visit site
I also used to play the Mary Kate and Ashley horse game which was pretty good ?. I also used to play one where a groom/rider turned up at a new yard and you had to solve a mystery? Can't remember the name now!

was it called Willowbrook Stables? It was a bit creepy/scary and she lived in the house? Had to go down a mine and into a maze on one level! I loved it (and Mary Kate and Ashley) I’m 30 now but would love to be able to play them again!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Is anyone finding the game ruined a bit by pot hunters? I'm doing the 2nd tier of competition, im on the 3rd event and I just can't get anywhere near the 15th place needed to qualify for the next one. Looking at the people at the start there's those with Irish Sport horses which you can only get at level 30, im level 11 why are they doing the novice events?
I've just done a clear xc and sj and the sj even had some perfect jumps but I came last is there something im doing wrong or are others finding this- i was leading the dressage too but thats more based on how well you press the buttons, I then end up way down the leaderboard after xc and sj even though I jump clear because some are doing it in half the time.

How do I make my horse better?

Also are there any training sessions you can do yourself? I had a challenge yesterday to do 3 training sessions but I did a couple of the ones you pay horseshoes for but they didn't register which makes me think there's a manual one but I can't see this

Im enjoying the game but its diminished by not even having a chance in some competitions. I'd understand Badminton etc being really good people but why the feeder levels? I'm guessing its real people i know the live ones are real but the championship must be too?

I'm decent at dressage and sj but keep asking for too long on xc and it refuses, I'd understand being down the order when that happens but not if I go clear im in the time too...

Mosh

Visit site
Is anyone finding the game ruined a bit by pot hunters? I'm doing the 2nd tier of competition, im on the 3rd event and I just can't get anywhere near the 15th place needed to qualify for the next one. Looking at the people at the start there's those with Irish Sport horses which you can only get at level 30, im level 11 why are they doing the novice events?
I've just done a clear xc and sj and the sj even had some perfect jumps but I came last is there something im doing wrong or are others finding this- i was leading the dressage too but thats more based on how well you press the buttons, I then end up way down the leaderboard after xc and sj even though I jump clear because some are doing it in half the time.

How do I make my horse better?

Also are there any training sessions you can do yourself? I had a challenge yesterday to do 3 training sessions but I did a couple of the ones you pay horseshoes for but they didn't register which makes me think there's a manual one but I can't see this

Im enjoying the game but its diminished by not even having a chance in some competitions. I'd understand Badminton etc being really good people but why the feeder levels? I'm guessing its real people i know the live ones are real but the championship must be too?

I'm on exactly the same level and i can't do it either!
Nice dressage, good SJ and XC within the time just and still last?!

I'm not sure about the training either. Its beginning to frustrate me. Don't expect to win every level but it gets boring not progressing

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
was it called Willowbrook Stables? It was a bit creepy/scary and she lived in the house? Had to go down a mine and into a maze on one level! I loved it (and Mary Kate and Ashley) I’m 30 now but would love to be able to play them again!
I googled Willowbrook and it doesn't look like it, now it's really bugging me ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'm on exactly the same level and i can't do it either!
Nice dressage, good SJ and XC within the time just and still last?!

I'm not sure about the training either. Its beginning to frustrate me. Don't expect to win every level but it gets boring not progressing

Glad its not just me, like you im getting frustrated as its demoralising, like you I don't want too easy but I'd be happy with midfield but to go clear and in the Time its demoralising, especially as ill be mid sj and just plummet down the leaderboard as I'm still going. Interesting you've got the same issues with that level maybe its a bug be interesting to see what others think, the ps1 game was good as you were judged based on dressage then if sj and xc were clear, provided you didn't trot the whole thing you still had a chance of doing well, the live events here should be real people and the others computer generated.
It would be nice if you could train for specific areas eg one of mine is weak at agility so I'd focus on that

Be interested if others are struggling too. Like I say I don't expect first everytime but midfield/ low top 10 would be nice and obviously Badminton etc will be hard but not novice level.

I'm enjoying it but this is hitting my enjoyment

Uliy

Visit site
Glad its not just me, like you im getting frustrated as its demoralising, like you I don't want too easy but I'd be happy with midfield but to go clear and in the Time its demoralising, especially as ill be mid sj and just plummet down the leaderboard as I'm still going. Interesting you've got the same issues with that level maybe its a bug be interesting to see what others think, the ps1 game was good as you were judged based on dressage then if sj and xc were clear, provided you didn't trot the whole thing you still had a chance of doing well, the live events here should be real people and the others computer generated.
It would be nice if you could train for specific areas eg one of mine is weak at agility so I'd focus on that

Be interested if others are struggling too. Like I say I don't expect first everytime but midfield/ low top 10 would be nice and obviously Badminton etc will be hard but not novice level.

I'm enjoying it but this is hitting my enjoyment

I think this is definitely worth raising with the developers, as it’s a new game they might be responsive to suggestions? Maybe they could put a block on how many competitions back you can go or something! I haven’t experienced that yet but it must block you progressing as you have to be in the top 16 or something to get to the next competition right?

CouldItBe

Visit site
I’d never heard of it so had a look, was not that keen but now I’m slightly obsessed with Rival Stars, the racing game

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I finally got past that level, albeit 11th!

It now says I've placed in the one after it so it must be a glitch though I think I remember doing it so maybe they swapped them around. I then can't do anymore till I'm level 20 and unlock the next batch.

I've nearly got enough gold horseshoes for one of the actual riders and their horses im probably getting Michael Jung and Sam as he's a horse id most like to ride, though I know Ingrid Klimke and "Bobby" are in the game though I haven't seen her yet who is everyone else planning to get if at all?

sam72431

Visit site
I've been playing but like some saying the controls are a bit all over the place or I'm just rubbish ? the dressage I've always struggled with I never really know what I'm meant to be doing!

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I'm still struggling with the dressage part. How do you know which gait you're supposed to be in? I can see the bit where it says next movement (or whatever it says) but that doesn't always mean that you change gait at the next dot. E.g. if I'm in trot and it says next movement is collected canter I thought you needed to move into canter on the next dot but that's not always the case. And I still can't get the hang of the thumbstick controls. AND when I purchase a brush and a hoofpick it charges me but I never get them. I can buy sponges and treats ok, but the brush and hoofpick never arrive even though it says they have.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I'm still struggling with the dressage part. How do you know which gait you're supposed to be in? I can see the bit where it says next movement (or whatever it says) but that doesn't always mean that you change gait at the next dot. E.g. if I'm in trot and it says next movement is collected canter I thought you needed to move into canter on the next dot but that's not always the case. And I still can't get the hang of the thumbstick controls. AND when I purchase a brush and a hoofpick it charges me but I never get them. I can buy sponges and treats ok, but the brush and hoofpick never arrive even though it says they have.
On the speed gauge at the top a line will appear which tells you what speed to move into, normally I have to go back to the shop and collect it from there.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
On the speed gauge at the top a line will appear which tells you what speed to move into, normally I have to go back to the shop and collect it from there.
I buy them and collect them all in the same way, but they never appear in my stable even though the treats and sponge does. I'll collect them and then go straight to the stable and it says I don't have them. Weird.