Anyone seen swelling like this?

cauda equina

Visit site
So sorry; sometimes horses just can't be fixed
You and Superdad have nothing at all to feel guilty about; it's time to look after yourselves now
xxx

Reactions: TPO

Marnie

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this and others said, you all did as much as you possibly could to give him every chance. Thinking of you all x

southerncomfort

Visit site
I'm so sorry.

Their is honestly nothing more you and your dad could have done. You've both gone above and beyond throughout.

You've been so kind and helpful to me and others on many occasions, I wish I could think of something to say that could make this less painful.

Thinking of you and your parents. X

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I'm so sorry TPO, you and superdad did everything humanly possible to help and you have absolutely nothing to regret or feel guilty about.
Look after yourselves both of you, and rest peacefully Vinnie x

chaps89

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please don't feel guilty, it honestly doesn't sound like you could have done anything more, he was very lucky to have you and Superdad nursing him through, I'm just sad for you that it didn't have a better outcome.

HobleytheTB

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this news ? I've followed since the beginning and really hoped for a better outcome. You really couldn't have done anymore, unfortunately sometimes we just can't fix them, no matter how much we try.

Mule

Visit site
I've just seen this thread now. I'm so sorry.
Vinnie sounds like he was very well loved. I also lost one to cellulitis. It's a horrible thing xxx ❤

Last edited:

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
So sorry to hear this news, was really hoping for a good outcome. You and superdad can certainly rest easy knowing you did everything possible to give him his best chance. That was an intense, long, grueling rehab process and you really gave it your best.

A small silver lining is that Vinnie will have gone knowing just how much he was loved, the last few weeks certainly prove that.

Baywonder

Visit site
Oh I am so, so sorry @TPO - this was not the outcome anyone wanted. :(

You and your wonderful dad have done everything possible (and then some) to get Vinnie through this, but it just wasn't to be. You truly could not have done any more. X

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am so sorry. You and your Dad did as much as was humanly possible and over a prolonged period of time. Neither of you could possibly have done any more, sometimes it just isn't possible to save them. When you have spent so long willing them to get better and putting in so much physical effort, it can be very difficult to let go of the emotional investment. You and Superdad now need to take care of yourselves.

SEL

Visit site
oh I am so sad to see this update. You and your super, super dad went above and beyond to try and get Vinnie well and I'm devastated for you that it didn't work out. It isn't fair as it so often isn't with these wonderful horses of ours.

Sending you tonnes of hugs xx

windand rain

Visit site
So sorry the read this was hoping against hope for a good outcome. RIP Vinny beautiful boy. You and Dad did everything and more you could so lookafter yourselves and each other now