Anyone seen swelling like this?

Surbie

Visit site
I'm so sorry TPO. You and Superdad were awesome. Vinnie was a lucky boy to have you and it is heartbreaking that he couldn't come right.

Hope you are all have space to grieve and rest. xx

Reactions: TPO

Ambers Echo

Visit site
You and your dad did everything humanly possible to save him. You gave him absolutely every chance. If love, commitment and determination could save a horse, he'd have come through this but sadly life just isn't fair. So, so sorry. x

misst

Visit site
What a rotten outcome for you all. Vinnie is obviously at peace now but I feel sad for you and superdad who have put in such a herculian effort for this outcome. But at least you know you tried everything. I am so so sorry.
That is a lovely photo xxxx RIP Vinnie - you were loved x

HeyMich

Visit site
Really sorry to read the sad outcome. He was very lucky to have you and your family caring for him, you honestly did everything you could. It just sadly wasn't a fight you were allowed to win.

M1lbie

Visit site
I don’t post on here very often but have been following this and am so sorry to hear your sad news, you and your dad did so much for Vinnie I was sure there would be a happier outcome. You couldn’t have done more xx

palo1

Visit site
So gutted for all of you @TPO. You did everything that you possibly could have done to help Vinnie as did your dad. He was such a lucky horse to have you both and that level of care and attention to detail. Life really isn't fair. So sorry.

alibali

Visit site
Very sorry to read this TPO. No one could have tried harder than you and Superdad for Vinnie. Sadly sometimes your best just isn't enough. Be kind to yourselves

Gingerwitch

Visit site
You did what everyone would have done. You did not leave it til monday, or the next week. So stop beating yourself up ! Huge hugs to super dad too.
Alot would not have tried.
You did.
Hugs xxxxxxx

SusieT

Visit site
sorry to hear this after you tried so hard. The fact the lameness was worsening was a very bad sign, and you made the only decision you could.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I'm so sorry TPO. I think it's fair to say that you and your amazing Dad did so much more than the vast majority ever could. You gave him the best chance of making it, but sadly what we do isn't always enough. I'm sure you are both devastated but please don't blame yourselves - there was clearly no more that could be done. Take care of yourselves.