Anyone seen swelling like this?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am so sorry to hear that Vinnie lost his battle. Do not feel any guilt, you did everything possible. Superdad is amazing, what a blessing in yours and Vinnie's life. In the end, you made the brave decision, which is a blessing to the horse. Be easy with yourself. X

twiggy2

Visit site
So sorry to hear this update.
You and superdad be kind to each other, it can be so emotionally as well as physically draining trying to bring horses through this sort of thing and don't beat yourselves up luck has so much to do with how things work out.

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
Thank you for all of the nice replies and PMs. I have to steel myself to read a handful at a time then return to like them all. Just a big soggy mess and completely devastated.

It doesnt feel like only 5wks. Making my bed out of hay bales and rugs in the freezing cold during the middle of the night feels like an eternity ago.

The weather is absolutely horrendous today so I'm glad V isnt being forced to walk out in it. One small mercy at least

It's just not fair for him that it was him and that he had to be the 1 in 100 that doesn't recover.

Thank you again for all of the kindness and support that you have given me (& SuperDad) as well as all of the offers to help, recommendations and to send things to try to help V out. I'm sorry that it was all in vain ?

turkana

Visit site
Thank you for all of the nice replies and PMs. I have to steel myself to read a handful at a time then return to like them all. Just a big soggy mess and completely devastated.

It doesnt feel like only 5wks. Making my bed out of hay bales and rugs in the freezing cold during the middle of the night feels like an eternity ago.

The weather is absolutely horrendous today so I'm glad V isnt being forced to walk out in it. One small mercy at least

It's just not fair for him that it was him and that he had to be the 1 in 100 that doesn't recover.

Thank you again for all of the kindness and support that you have given me (& SuperDad) as well as all of the offers to help, recommendations and to send things to try to help V out. I'm sorry that it was all in vain ?

I have been following without adding anything as you were getting so much fanastic support, so sorry it didn't end well - how awful for you but you gave him love, and you gave him excellent care, then at the end you gave him peace; he was a beautiful boy.

RHM

Visit site
Absolutely gutted for you. If love could have saved him he would have lived forever. You went above and beyond for the little guy. He will have known that. Thinking of you and super dad x