Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

teapot

Visit site
How does today/tomorrow work - top two from each group qualify for Monday?

ETS: never mind, 'Progression : The top two athletes from each group, and the six athletes with the next best scores (including ties) will qualify to the individual final (Grand Prix Freestyle).'

j1ffy

Visit site
I missed the first half as had to drop OH off at cricket ?. The canter work looked far better presented than in some of the clips I’ve seen of their earlier tests - Gal knows how to produce what the judges want on the big occasions.

The horse still looks quite weak to me and reminds me of German Shepherds…

Wishfilly

Visit site
well i know it's HHO rules to be negative but I do think these sons of totilas are amazing horses and Gal doesn't really miss a beat.

He looks absolutely amazing, I think!

In the slow mos you can see how much his fetlocks flex though, and I wonder how that will impact long term soundness?

j1ffy

Visit site
Are they showing on the screen and I’m literally missing them or are they being said? (I can’t hear the speaker)
It’s on the website but seemed to take longer to appear than the earlier tests. Maybe the website person took a longer break ?

palo1

Visit site
Well yes! Total Us is definately more elegant...but from an uneducated pov I find the front on Elegance much cleaner and straighter - Totals front leg movements were not for me. But what do I know ? lol!!

j1ffy

Visit site
when people say WBs are x or WBs are y, i mean, these 2 are both clearly great sport horses but they are sooooooo different.

There’s been quite a variety of size, build and temperament already. Obviously all very talented to be at the level.

I’m looking forward to the Lusitano. Are there any dressage Lusos around these days that aren’t by Rubi?! He was an amazing horse to watch and it’s lovely to see so many of his progeny coming through.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
individual scores have gone down for me again but I'm going to say that's probably got a lot to do with the expression, lightness and ground cover of the glocks horse, Edward's rides always look like they are on the edge but that risk taking for *brilliance* pays off in the scores if they don't make a mistake.