Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
There’s been quite a variety of size, build and temperament already. Obviously all very talented to be at the level.

I’m looking forward to the Lusitano. Are there any dressage Lusos around these days that aren’t by Rubi?! He was an amazing horse to watch and it’s lovely to see so many of his progeny coming through.
Escorial is by Spartacus who is a very famous sire and I think Equador might be by Escorial?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yeah I really liked that one. How old is it? Looks like there is scope for development in it

ETA: I'm referring to the Estonian horse

Wishfilly

Visit site
Oh I really like this Italian horse, I think he might not be very correct in some ways but something about him just appeals!

j1ffy

Visit site
This Italian has very jaunty music! Have they all selected their own music for the GP or is there a live DJ? I know the GPS is now to music that the riders select.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
so hard to not compare to Rubi at London which was joyous, perhaps it was the combo of horse and rider that brought the goosebumps.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
yeah the canter is a little economical isn't it. it looks neat and correct but you can just imagine what could be if say the changes were a bit bigger etc.

Yeah, like it wasn't quite holding the tension in the right place in some of the canter. Trot work was lovely though

palo1

Visit site
70% so probably the last we’ll see of them at this champs. I do like him though!

I love the rhythm and cadence but it was clear even to me that there were some 'mistakes' or weaknesses. Gorgeous horse - amazing and I would die of happiness if I could ride even a little bit as well. What a treat this is.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
bit of accidental freestyle there ;) I liked that horse's trotwork better than the canter, the canter had quickness but just lacked a bit of lightness sometimes I thought?