Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

oldie48

Visit site
I found Gio's test on the BBC website and thought it was a good test with a lot more to come when he's more established. My internet is acting up ATM so it was a bit stop/go but it was good to see when it stopped several times in the passage and piaffe that his nose was fractionally in front of the vertical and he was sitting. I really like this horse!

Supertrooper

Visit site
They’ve just had a round up on bbc Olympic programme of who’s one what medals.

Mentioned Charlotte but rider being shown was not Charlotte and was definitely not Gio ?‍♀️?

Splash2310

Visit site
are there any other Olympic sports where men and women compete in the same section? I can't think of any but accept my knowledge is verrrrrry limited when it comes to anything outside the equestrian ones :p

There was a question about this on Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel at the weekend. There are mixed doubles in badminton and tennis, but I think the only other truly mixed sex event is the Nacra 17 class in the Sailing….

Kat

Visit site
There's a nicer article about Charlotte D in the Guardian now, she's equalled a rower's (Katherine Grainger I *think*) record of Olympic medals won by a woman.

They have the same number of medals but Charlotte has more golds so she is officially the most decorated British female Olympian. Which is fantastic!

Lexi_

Visit site
They’ve just had a round up on bbc Olympic programme of who’s one what medals.

Mentioned Charlotte but rider being shown was not Charlotte and was definitely not Gio ?‍♀️?

Classic! ?

The evening show (6.30/7 till about 9?) last night had a really decent roundup of all the key points from the day including interviews with most of the medal winners so hopefully tonight’s version will have a good bit of dressage coverage.

Lexi_

Visit site
who is back tomorrow? starts at 9.30 i think :) another day off work for me, whoo hooo

I’m going to attempt to dual screen it on my laptop while working on compliance documents ?

I’ve got next week as annual leave so will be all-nighting it for the cross country. Hopefully we’ll have a similar thread for that!

Equi

Visit site
I’m gonna miss all the eventing :( will watch the xc and sj on playback so will not be reading the forum so it feels real time lol

fetlock

Visit site
I think I'm going to have to give in and sign up to Discovery too. No way can I miss tomorrow or the eventing later.
It's quite depressing, this lack of coverage.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
If dressage hub couldn't get any more weird/toxic. She is now claiming CDJ definitely uses marshmallow fluff to pretend to be foam for....reasons ?‍♀️. Along with a lot of other riders.
Jeez Louise
She needs to get a grip ??
Even if they were using that... foam doesn't make the horse move any better, the rider's skill any better.. etc etc

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Jeez Louise
She needs to get a grip ??
Even if they were using that... foam doesn't make the horse move any better, the rider's skill any better.. etc etc
Yes apparently it is to hide the mouth being open. Which we can see, even with foam. I originally joined DH because I thought it was like Eurodressage, turns out I was very wrong ??

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
If dressage hub couldn't get any more weird/toxic. She is now claiming CDJ definitely uses marshmallow fluff to pretend to be foam for....reasons ?‍♀️. Along with a lot of other riders.

?? There are conspiracy theorists in every walk of life ?. Pick a subject and there will be a conspiracy theory or two for you to devour and a nut on the internet to rant it out into the world.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Have only seen Gio's test from today (boo having to work), but wow, the way they were performing was just beautiful. Not super polished yet, but crikey when he is...(and tbh I think the faults are only so noticeable because we are so used to seeing Charlotte execute tests to such a high standard). I actually much prefer watching CDJ ride Gio than Freestyle - can't quite find the words for it, but there is something about their partnership that seems quite special.

It's all very exciting ?

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Have only seen Gio's test from today (boo having to work), but wow, the way they were performing was just beautiful. Not super polished yet, but crikey when he is...(and tbh I think the faults are only so noticeable because we are so used to seeing Charlotte execute tests to such a high standard). I actually much prefer watching CDJ ride Gio than Freestyle - can't quite find the words for it, but there is something about their partnership that seems quite special.

It's all very exciting ?
Yes I actually much prefer him to freestyle. He is much more Valegro like I think. New superstar in the making!

Mule

Visit site
the other thing that's improved noticeably at this level is the walks really, they used to be brittle and irregular and tend towards being lateral, there's definitely been a big upward trend towards correct walks.
What do you think they are doing differently that they are preserving the walk? Is it less holding in front or something else?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Paying attention to just training it correctly I'd guess? When the winners are scoring in the 80s+ I think you basically can't afford to leave any stone unturned. In the past when 70 was a fantastic score you could do a duff walk (and non existent halts) and make up enough in the other movements to get away with it.

Mule

Visit site
TThi
Paying attention to just training it correctly I'd guess? When the winners are scoring in the 80s+ I think you basically can't afford to leave any stone unturned. In the past when 70 was a fantastic score you could do a duff walk (and non existent halts) and make up enough in the other movements to get away with it.
So is it when training the collected walk that a lateral tendency can creep in or am I completely off base?