Are there any phrases in the horse world that really do your head in??

Araminta

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lammi. It is laminitis! Hardly hard to say, is it? You don't say colli, or navi, so why Lammi? Grrr...

[/ QUOTE ]

Coz they cant spell it!!!!!!!!!

teapot

Visit site
likes traffic - how can anything like traffic? It also normally means that said horse likes to play ball with minis grrrrrr.

Ezme

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
likes traffic - how can anything like traffic? It also normally means that said horse likes to play ball with minis grrrrrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrooge chased after an empty bin lorry and tried to get in it.... i think that means he likes it... i think.... hates cars tho... weird horse

Oh and I reffer to our boys ( 2x percherons, babrant/boulanaise, 3/4 shire) as ponys.... usually as a joke when i'm being soppy but i do it alot... every now and then a visitor thinks they are acctually ponies because of it...

jesterfaerie

Visit site
This is making me really think how I could actually ever word future adverts without putting pratically everyone off somehow!
crazy.gif

L00bey

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Reluctant sale/sad sale
If you are so reluctant or sad to sell, dont do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope totally disagree with this...

I am going to be fiding Ellie a new how soon- I am reluctant and it will be very sad. It will break my heart but I know that it is best- she isnt up to what I want to do. I want to event- she wants to do flat showing....

Finances- in case you haven't noticed keeping a horse has become pretty darn expensive.

Sometimes its not quite so simple as "just dont sell it then"

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
green- never seen a green horse!

I prefer "uneducated" or "young"

[/ QUOTE ]
I say green
blush.gif

UncleJr has obviously picked it up from the forum as well because I heard him say it in Spanish, when in fact an inexperienced horse is described as 'new'.

Mosh

Visit site
my mum hates it when my instructor says "that horse has a nice pop on it".
Mum then says "She doesn't have a nice pop, if she did she would be in a cereal box with snap and crackle!"

only_me

Visit site
"type of horse hard to get"

"rarely comes on the market" why? because it prefers internet shopping??

"bombproof" until a car passes it. then it explodes like a bomb!

CBAnglo

Visit site
Horse running around on the forehand with head in the air

"Look how forward it is"

Also people trying to tell you to "ride it forward" i.e. give it a boot.

I also hate "nice person" and "po/ponio"

Eaglestone

Visit site
Yes ..... using the word 'Lami' instead of Laminitis ..... it makes it sounds quite a nice condition, when it isn't
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

..... and my Farrier started me on this thought many years ago
smirk.gif

jnet

Visit site
My personal hate is horses described as 'Blue and White', its grey and white luv.

People who say their grey is Blue roan when its just grey.

Geldings described as having fantastic breeding that are for sale with that as their best attribute, they're geldings, they're not gonna pass their breeding on anytime soon.

Rachel_M

Visit site
The ultimate (bad) advert according to HHo.
grin.gif

Stunning 14year 16hh Pinto competition horse, with the potential to go far. IT has off the floor paces that are to die for and an utter jumping machine! Never stops, 110% at all times whilst competing. Jumps Anything! This horse could go all the way.
Started life with Natural Horsemanship and would prefer NH home.
Never had a case of lammi in it's life. We have practiced barefoot trimming with him.
Has manners to burn in and out of the stable. Never throws its toys out of the pram.
A true mothers dream for a young rider.
It has phenomenal breeding lines, a rare chance to buy such good quality, and would equally suit a mother and daughter share.
Likes traffic, totally bombproof. Armchair ride!
This is a truly honest horse and nice person and good Christian that works on the bit, is very well schooled, and is good to hack always, even with very limited hacking available.
This pony is going to take the right rider to the top. Would affiliate easily.
Very sad and reluctant sale of ponio.
This type of horse rarely comes on the market and is hard to get.

Home more important than price so only £15,000

ETS: For sale through no fault of its own.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

Stunning 14year 16hh Pinto competition horse, with the potential to go far. IT has off the floor paces that are to die for and an utter jumping machine! Never stops, 110% at all times whilst competing. Jumps Anything! This horse could go all the way.
Never had a case of lammi in it's life. We have practiced barefoot trimming with him.
Has manners to burn in and out of the stable. Never throws its toys out of the pram.
It has phenomenal breeding lines, a rare chance to buy such good quality, and would equally suit a mother and daughter share.
This is a truly honest horse and nice person and good Christian that works on the bit, is very well schooled, and is good to hack always, even with very limited hacking available.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no apostrophe in its life...
Is it a gelding? Would make the breeding so much more relevant
grin.gif

Oh, and you've not said anything about its 'confirmation'
grin.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, alright. Keep your knickers on!
tongue.gif

Stunning 14year 16hh Gelding. Pinto competition horse with the potential to go far.
Would have kept whole and used as a stallion if it wasn't for his pasterns that were probably the reasons for his tendon injury *Fully Healed and will not effect the horse in anyway* Passed. 5 stage vetting ten years ago.
IT has off the floor paces that are to die for and an utter jumping machine! Never stops, 110% at all times whilst competing. Jumps Anything! This horse could go all the way.
Never had a case of lammi in its life. We have practiced barefoot trimming with him.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
'For sale through no fault of his own'. As opposed to a horse demanding to be sold as it is striking out for indepenence, presumably.

[/ QUOTE ]

This calls for a whole new advert - opposites.

Horse for sale absolutely through its own fault, it is an absolute git. About 60% reliable, I should say, with 1.5 reasonable paces. Manners to smoulder, most of them bad.

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
*sigh*
What about his 'perfect confirmation'???

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, alright. Keep your knickers on!

Stunning 14year 16hh Gelding. Pinto competition horse with the potential to go far.
Perfect confirmation. Would have kept whole and used as a stallion if it wasn't for his pasterns that were probably the reasons for his tendon injury *Fully Healed and will not effect the horse in anyway* Passed. 5 stage vetting ten years ago.
IT has off the floor paces that are to die for and an utter jumping machine! Never stops, 110% at all times whilst competing. Jumps Anything! This horse could go all the way.
Never had a case of lammi in its life. We have practiced barefoot trimming with him.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect confirmation. Would have kept whole and used as a stallion if it wasn't for his pasterns that were probably the reasons for his tendon injury *Fully Healed and will not effect the horse in anyway* Passed. 5 stage vetting ten years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

May be interested, can you tell me is it an evangelical christian or more of a liberal catholic?