Dressage Area Festivals

Roxylola

Visit site
So, I think we've qualified as of last weekend. Do they email qualification confirmation? Should I just enter the class or do I need to wait? I dont want to hang on and find it's full. How does it all work? Sorry for being a noob but we've only been out twice and I'd forgotten about areas entirely ?Screenshot_20201210-143856_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20201210-143747_Samsung Internet.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
they will send you an email but they tend to do them all at once so it might be a while. you don't need the email really, just enter. they generally validate all the entries so don't be surprised if times are late to be published because that is often what holds them up. if the class is really oversubscribed they usually split them into 2.

Roxylola

Visit site
Fab, thanks. I've had a look on horse monkey and I need to upload a pic of his vacc records but then I'll get the entry in

DressageCob

Visit site
I love the horse name! it's amazing!

I'm in the same boat. I'm certain I've qualified with big lad but I haven't had an email yet. I'm just going to enter (when I've decided which one fits in best location-wise and work-wise)

Roxylola

Visit site
I only noticed as I was bored today, I hadn't even thought about them. If I'd wanted to chase qualifiers we'd have gone out at prelim for regionals. I'm more interested in getting to high 60s consistently and going elementary but areas makes my owner very happy
Edit to add congrats to you and DC too, it's nice to have a big party to look forward to

Goldenstar

Visit site
I am not sure about what we want to do with Sky .We went out once to see what happened he was a bit flat because he had been to a clinic the day before but he won both so it was not that bad. Then of course we where locked down again so it will be January before we get him out again .
I don’t want too much pressure on him he’s a ID not a warmblood I don’t want him not to enjoy anything, he likes fun .
TBH we need a plan , I am not sure where we are heading .
I am very pleased with him though.
Goals do help with the training it’s just working out what the goals are .

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm in two minds whether to enter. We are new to this level so unlikely to be competitive, but it's a bit of a bucket list thing and I'm never going to sell the horse so I don't care so much about his record...so I'm not sure! The most local one is unfortunately on a Friday when I already have an appeal which I absolutely have to do, so I will have to travel down to Solihull for the earliest option or go further afield later in February. So it's not that convenient. Decisions decisions!

Roxylola

Visit site
I doubt we will be competitive this year DC, it's a nice outing though with the atmosphere for us and them of a "big" show without the same pressure as regionals. I'm lucky that mine is fairly convenient so I plan to go

humblepie

Visit site
Go for it - you get a little stable plaque for attending or used to anyway. The first one we went to was quite wow as we arrived and there was the Petplan stuff at the entranceway but to be honest the couple since I have been to haven't done a huge amount to make it look different. I have seen more flowers and "special" occasion at unaffiliated championships. I think that probably does vary upon the centre running it. And if you are lucky enough to be placed, the rosettes are lovely. Don't be put off by thinking not up to it, others will be there first time and if you have qualified you are worthy of going. Good luck.

FourLeafClover

Visit site
Me too! Our first season stressaging, I'm over the moon :) We will be in the Prelim (bronze) at Keysoe. Haven't entered yet but will do tomorrow.
My horse has a terrible passport name that is literally a series of numbers - would I be able to change his name on his passport and then subsequently his registration do you think? Worried his passport might not come back in time for the end of Jan.

DressageCob

Visit site
Me too! Our first season stressaging, I'm over the moon :) We will be in the Prelim (bronze) at Keysoe. Haven't entered yet but will do tomorrow.
My horse has a terrible passport name that is literally a series of numbers - would I be able to change his name on his passport and then subsequently his registration do you think? Worried his passport might not come back in time for the end of Jan.

I don’t think you could to be honest. The passport name has to match the horse which has qualified and entered. I had a problem a few years back with my little cob because on BD he has IX after his name, and that’s because for BE he was the 9th of his name. But his passport doesn’t have the numbers. I had about 20 minutes discussing with a steward about how this is definitely the right horse. Lesson learnt!
Congratulations on your qualification! I did the prelim PetPlans a couple of years ago...unfortunately didn’t do a great job at the second round but had an absolute blast.

Asha

Visit site
if they are carrying the scores over from earlier in the year, then we should have qualified too. I quite like the idea of going to aintree. Fingers crossed i get an email !

nikkimariet

Visit site
If you’ve not rec your emails already they are on the way.

But if you know you have qualified there is nothing stopping you entering anyway. I always keep my own record for this reason :)

Roxylola

Visit site
Well done to all who've qualified, I have had my email too now and we are all paid up and entered. It's a nice little bonus as far as I am concerned, it's just nice that hes building a record and getting some points. Our last test would probably have been 65% if I'd remembered to attempt my first give and retake.
Incidentally, any tips for short riders for g and r - I always seem to get no clear g and r etc. Even when hes in good self carriage I'm little and it's hard to make a loop in my rein without shifting forward which tips him on the forehand - he's a cob any small excuse will do ?. I pretty much see them in a test and no the best I'll get there is a 6 which is fine I can make up for it in other ways but it would be nice to get something other than "no clear g and r" or having it underlined on yet another sheet.
It's me btw, I get it with every horse I ride

FourLeafClover

Visit site
If there is an error on the record but you've qualified anyway, is it worth taking it up with BD? We have 4 tests on our record and should have 2x qualifications as also came third with a good score in another test, but it's not on our records and when you look at the list of placings for the class, the rider who actually came fourth is documented as coming third, and there is another rider listed as coming fourth.

Roxylola

Visit site
If there is an error on the record but you've qualified anyway, is it worth taking it up with BD? We have 4 tests on our record and should have 2x qualifications as also came third with a good score in another test, but it's not on our records and when you look at the list of placings for the class, the rider who actually came fourth is documented as coming third, and there is another rider listed as coming fourth.
Well, you've earned the score and therefore the points. I guess it depends a bit, if you've already got loads of points at the level and it's your own horse etc I probably wouldnt bother. As a jockey for someone else i might as I'm adding value to their horse. Equally if it was a particularly good score or not many points I might pursue it. I'd imagine it would be a case of emailing them with a copy of the sheet to get it updated so it wouldnt be a load hassle

shortstuff99

Visit site
Well done to all who've qualified, I have had my email too now and we are all paid up and entered. It's a nice little bonus as far as I am concerned, it's just nice that hes building a record and getting some points. Our last test would probably have been 65% if I'd remembered to attempt my first give and retake.
Incidentally, any tips for short riders for g and r - I always seem to get no clear g and r etc. Even when hes in good self carriage I'm little and it's hard to make a loop in my rein without shifting forward which tips him on the forehand - he's a cob any small excuse will do ?. I pretty much see them in a test and no the best I'll get there is a 6 which is fine I can make up for it in other ways but it would be nice to get something other than "no clear g and r" or having it underlined on yet another sheet.
It's me btw, I get it with every horse I ride
How are you doing the give and retake? I take my hands towards the bit (so looks like the side of the neck) not high above the neck if that makes sense.

Roxylola

Visit site
How are you doing the give and retake? I take my hands towards the bit (so looks like the side of the neck) not high above the neck if that makes sense.
Same - I've tried both though and neither makes a difference to the comments or marks I get. I need extendable arms