Avoid buying a horse with these names

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Jasmine (jet black, thinks she's royalty ;) ) was nicknamed Devil Spawn and Psychobitchfoal of the Universe by my daughter, who also wanted her freezemarked 666
(had already been taken - boo!) but she's grown up to be really rather sweet (Jasmine - not daughter, lol)

My old PBA was renamed "spawn of satan"...by me :eek::rolleyes::D

HashRouge

Visit site
A woman I knew back when I first got my horse had an Arab yearling who she'd named "Shetan", which means the devil in Arabic. No wonder he was a little nutter!

Archiepoo

Visit site
i had a tb called steve -my OH is called steve ,can get very confusing! my friend had a horse called bracelet -what sort of name is that for a horse??

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
We had a shetland called Nick'um'Ya'*******. He was horrid- he threw our next door neighbours daughter over the 4 bar post and rail fence and onto a lit barbeque. (Good aim though!)

Mum was riding on the teams then, and even she couldn't stay on it!!

Also slighly heart broken that PaddyMonty/ Juno has a daughter....

*moarnfully looks at the photo of him falling off...!!!

flump

Visit site
Personally the name i would avoid is beauty!! Had a brillinat grey pony called beauty then followed by 2 complete d****!!

As for funky names at work or mine here is a few!

Teardrop
Fi-Fi
Pom-Pom
Beans
Blossom
Bubbles
Bunty
Cinderella

Lots of loveley girly names!!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Once rode a horse called Daemon who was anything but - he was lovely, and one called Sweetness, who was likewise anything but....

cambrica

Visit site
Took longer to come up with name for our home bred baby than it did my 3 kids. Finally Cambrica Shaylee.. Cambrica is latin for a welsh poppy (Sec A whose mums called Poppy) and Shaylee is Gaelic for Princess Fairy of the Field.
Unfortunatley there is no translation in gaelic for Demon of the Muddy Gateway.

Dovorian

Visit site
An earlier poster mentioned that a 'George' would put them off, we have had 2 lovely horses with that name, a mega connie and a dear sweet monster of a KWPN, we have also had 3 'Williams', and now have a Frank. I've also had a Fergal who was very 'irish', singularly the worst horse I ever set eyes on or sat on was a black gelding called Buzz aka Guardsman...

What's in a name, frankly I dunno, but Georges and Williams seem to find us..

DressageCob

Visit site
:D We had one of those in a 10.2hh incarnation. Okay on the lead rein otherwise heaven help the child if the adult was ever further than arms length away.

I once knew a mare called Virtue. That was a triumph of hope over reality. I also knew one called Shanghai (which was apparently a name for a form of high speed kidnap) so the clue was in the name for those sufficiently well educated :rolleyes:

Mine seem to end up with people names, especially the colts... The new week old chap appears to be an Albert :confused: (I don't know, the names just arrive!) and will be over 16.2hh so it will fit when he grows up. He is "little Alb" at the moment :p

Nowt wrong with an Albert...that's what my little man's called :D

Fransurrey

Visit site
Angel.... It was ironic I think :S

Agreed. I tried 'Angel' with the intention of taking her on loan as ridden companion. She was strong in company, but was told she was fine by herself. She napped the whole way out, then suddenly spun 180 and bombed back along the track. There wasn't time to stop her before getting to the fallen tree across the track at head height, covered in ivy...

...I got back to this woman's yard, covered in mud and said, 'She's no Angel, and I suggest you work on her before trying to loan her out again!'

However I do have a Henry, who is an absolute darlin!

Sirreal

Visit site
My sister's friend had a horse called Huggy Bear which I always thought was awful. But then mine is called Shy which had my mum and dad in stitches initially! Wanted to change it but people kept telling me it was unlucky and I was just young so I believed them :rolleyes:

I also know a lovely lady who had a Misty - that was dark bay! It was called that when she got it though!

I also knew a Huggy Bear. As well as an Arnold, T-Bird, Ribs and Monkey.

My first pony was Mouse, and we have a Simmental bull called James :D

Brightbay

Visit site
When I was a small child, along with the usual Dandies and Snowies and Blackies at the local riding school, I occasionally was made to ride Fly. And I think I did, a few times...

vienna

Visit site
Just wanted to add..
Dont shoot me down lol..
Love the name bambi, would consider calling a mare that tehe..
And princess can be nice too for a kind hearted animal.
Just my opinion...

lottiepony

Visit site
Andy isn't the best name or any other human name.

Too many innuendos, for example:

"Just going to ride Andy."
"Had a brilliant ride on Andy the other day, really worked up a sweat."

Made worse by the fact I have a lot of friends also called Andy. :p

oh dear my mare is called Andee - note the spelling difference! i always get the 'she's a mare???' question every time. people ask me why dont i change it but to be honest i wouldn't know what to change it too! Perhaps Moody Moo would do her better!:)

magichorse

Visit site
My friend had a horse called Jinx- and it was. It used to dump her on a regular basis and during one particularly persistent bucking fit managed to break her femur.

Tilda

Visit site
Have to disagree with Henry my YMs old boy is called Henry and he is great fun has character and likes to test you if he knows you can ride but safe as houses with a beginner :) I didn't have the best of lucky with Matilda (Tilly) and I thought it would be lucky as my brother used to call me Tilly (short for Natalie) when he was little :(