Avoid buying a horse with these names

Oldenburg

Visit site
Yes have 2 names to add Jake and Cache ;0). My 2 horses have human Names and I never picked them!! Larry and Paddy so does my dog Brian that's my fault and one of my cats Tasha lol

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
A bit off topic, but my neighbouring farmer always has big charolais x bulls. His last one was Beethoven, and his current one is Pacific - a great name for a huge bull :eek:

My riding school had a wurzel - he was awesome, 13h and no-one could stop him, not even instructors, you still used to get told off if he overtook the lead horse though :rolleyes:

azouria

Visit site
Friend of mine just bought an 8 month shire colt called Edward, it actually quite suits him now though!

Another friend has an Eric, passported Eric the Viking haha, genuinely no idea how they came up with that one.

I have also been the sharer of a 'Mr Jimmy Chips', never knew how he got that name :D

I hate the name Princess..... or Tinkerbell or Bambi (17hh ISH)... that name was changed pretty fast by my friend!

I also used to know a Bambi, little 12.2 section A who was the sweetest little pony.

muddygreymare

Visit site
And if we,r doing funny/ appropriate / non-appropriate, or just plain wrong, names.....
What about our favourite forum resident............. Drum roll..........
..........FANY

Was wondering when someone was going to bring that up ;):p:D

I've thought of some more too. I know someone with a poodle called Colin :D and I know at least 5 horses called Blue! Have been slightly put off horses called Tommy because I went to try a horse out called Tommy and it was a PITA and threw me off! :rolleyes:

HBrae2

Visit site
My sister's friend had a horse called Huggy Bear which I always thought was awful. But then mine is called Shy which had my mum and dad in stitches initially! Wanted to change it but people kept telling me it was unlucky and I was just young so I believed them :rolleyes:

I also know a lovely lady who had a Misty - that was dark bay! It was called that when she got it though!

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Oh no someone on the first page said that George was a name to avoid :( I definately have to disagree with that :rolleyes: my George is a diamond :)

I used to ride a horse at the RS called Charmer and she was anything but :mad:

Also used to share a horse called Porkie, unfortunately it did suit her, but out hacking kids used to ask to pat her and ask her name, I always said she was called Poppy :D

Hedwards

Visit site
William/Will - Because the first time I didn't learn so I got another. Even my instructor has one! Even she said, "William, the clue is in the name girl! You need WILL power with them!"

My new loan neddy is called William, but everyone calls him Willie - which is fine, until I completely innocently say 'I'm just off to ride Willie' (whats worse is he's 17.2hh and regularly called big willie!!)

Sorry thats not at all useful for this thread is it...:)

Chavhorse

Visit site
I once made the terrible mistake of buying a skinny underweight TB called Challenger who was a total sweetheart and plod, naturally once he had put on the weight and fittened up he more than lived up to his name, he challenged you every inch of the way and if you did not give in he bolted. I ended up doing an emergency exit from him at speed and breaking most of the right had side of my body. Big da dah moment of why previous owner had kept him underweight!

Lesson learnt there if the horse is called Challenger it is not normally because it is a total sweetheart and the previous owner had a sense of humour, especially if they are Dutch who are not a race noted for their sense of humour!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Havn't read the whole thread. (Will read later when I have more time ;) :D )
Some great storys though.

Herbies name is a bad name as it works with the word Horrid. So he's called horrid Herbie ;) :p :D I do know afew other Herbie's and they are prity bad to.

I used to ride a horse called Roo. By god could she bucker roo :rolleyes: ;) :p

At work there is a horse called Arnie. He's a massive brute of a horse. We also have a Rambo.

Lets see who else has there been. A mare called Baggage, A chestnut mare called Pig, Sassy the chestnut arab mare, A cob mare called Dfor (She went through everything D For Destroyer ;) :p :rolleyes: )

Toffee44

Visit site
Havn't read the whole thread. (Will read later when I have more time ;) :D )
Some great storys though.

Herbies name is a bad name as it works with the word Horrid. So he's called horrid Herbie ;) :p :D I do know afew other Herbie's and they are prity bad to.

I used to ride a horse called Roo. By god could she bucker roo :rolleyes: ;) :p

At work there is a horse called Arnie. He's a massive brute of a horse. We also have a Rambo.

Lets see who else has there been. A mare called Baggage, A chestnut mare called Pig, Sassy the chestnut arab mare, A cob mare called Dfor (She went through everything D For Destroyer ;) :p :rolleyes: )

Rambo means they are a mini tank and trash fencing.

topclass

Visit site
God these are so funny reminds me of a friends pony she had it was called LB I asked what the LB stood for she simply said Little Bar***** and now she has a 11'2 pony called ******er Pony as it always tries to pin her and the kids to nearest wall, car, door anything, real name is Daisy !!!!!

Used to loan a Shire 18'3 called Tiny and his mate was a 14hands arab called Warrior go figure !!

Last edited:

ew0855

Visit site
The vicars daughter

Didn't know the horse personally but did know the girl commentating on the show jumping at a local venue ;

'David Jones is entering the ring riding the vicars daughter'!!!!

Auslander

Visit site
Delilah was just a nutter, to ride or handle. I seriously think she had brain problems. She was about 16.2 and strong with it too.

I had a Delilah - and she was the devil incarnate. Sweet as anything to handle, and like a large dog in the field - but a raving lunatic to ride. Wouldn't stand still for me to get on, so used to leave her tied up to mount if I hadn't got some muscle to hold her down. Her chosen method of getting going was to rear, leap forward and then bog off with her nose on her chest and her neck set like a rock. Jumped anything she could see the sky over, but had to be from flat out gallop, or she'd stop - and took about 100 yards to get her back again after a fence. She taught me well though.

Welsh cob - funny that!!