Badminton Grass Roots

montanna

Visit site
See here, you can type in Rider's name to see how they got on...

http://www.bdwp.co.uk/bgr/

Also says the below on the website:

The current BE90 Mitsubishi Motors Grassroots dressage leader is 23 year old Oil and Gas Recruitment Consultant, Zoe Symes riding Serendipity IV (known as ‘Dippy’). The pair who have come to Badminton from Trowbridge are on an incredible score of 18.3.

The BE100 section of the Mitsubishi Motors Grassroots Championships is currently being jointly lead by two Rachels who finish the day on a very strong mark of =27.8. Rachel Lade is riding Surprise Addition whilst Rachel Holden rides Martel.

suzi

Visit site
Star did 27.8 dressage.

Not heard much on the xc front for the 100 yet and for the 90 have heard nothing from the SJ though believe the XC is about to start? ?

Nicnac

Visit site
Rachel Lade has an unassailable lead in the 100 and looks like Georgina Whone 2nd with Rachel Holden 3rd. Don't think anyone else can catch them as all 3 have finished 3 phases.

Frustrating that 90 SJ results aren't live on bwdp!

I was going to go today if I could have swung a day off but forces conspired against me which was a complete result as M25 was closed clockwise south from dawn and I would have spent morning in my car.

SW66

Visit site
Rachel Lade has an unassailable lead in the 100 and looks like Georgina Whone 2nd with Rachel Holden 3rd. Don't think anyone else can catch them as all 3 have finished 3 phases.

Frustrating that 90 SJ results aren't live on bwdp!

I was going to go today if I could have swung a day off but forces conspired against me which was a complete result as M25 was closed clockwise south from dawn and I would have spent morning in my car.

Don't think BDWP is very accurate as I know Rachel Holden had a run out on the XC.

Nicnac

Visit site
Don't think BDWP is very accurate as I know Rachel Holden had a run out on the XC.

You are absolutely right - the XC results area is up but only includes SJ results - from it it looks like they've all gone clear with no TF's - apologies. I can't edit my post.

SW66

Visit site
You are absolutely right - the XC results area is up but only includes SJ results - from it it looks like they've all gone clear with no TF's - apologies. I can't edit my post.

Its a bit frustrating as we have 3 riders from our riding club competing but luckily everyone keeps texting me with how there are getting on. One of our BE90 riders has a 28.5 dressage & just done a double clear so very exciting to see if she gets in the top 10

Nicnac

Visit site
Its a bit frustrating as we have 3 riders from our riding club competing but luckily everyone keeps texting me with how there are getting on. One of our BE90 riders has a 28.5 dressage & just done a double clear so very exciting to see if she gets in the top 10

Think she's got a darn good chance!! I'm following the #twittereventing ones and know that unfortunately one had 2 poles down SJ and is just about to go XC but it's running 30mins late. Wish I were there!!

Last edited:

SW66

Visit site
Think she's got a darn good chance!! I'm following the #twittereventing ones and know that unfortunately one had 2 poles down SJ and is just about to go XC but it's running 30mins late. Wish I were there!!

So do I, had the chance to go & cheer them on but couldn't get the time off work! :(

Our other rider is also in the BE90 on a dressage score of 23.5 but have not had an update on her SJ or Xc yet but if they are running 30 mins late she may not have gone XC yet.

Can imagine the atmosphere is brilliant.

angelish

Visit site
So do I, had the chance to go & cheer them on but couldn't get the time off work! :(

Our other rider is also in the BE90 on a dressage score of 23.5 but have not had an update on her SJ or Xc yet but if they are running 30 mins late she may not have gone XC yet.

Can imagine the atmosphere is brilliant.

my friends also down there in the 90 , she's on a 23 dressage , clear sj , its frustraiting not knowing whats going on :eek:

Nicnac

Visit site
BE100 results now up on bwdp. Completely different after XC!! Well done to them all.

Defo not a dressage competition!!

SW66

Visit site
BE100 must be finished this was on twitter

The results of the BE100 Class at the #MMBHT Grassroots Champs are yet to be announced, apparently there may have been an objection.

Oh dear, must be very tense if you are in with a shout & they is an objection. I see on BDWP they now have all the results up for the 100 but obviously this may now change.

How exciting Angelish, good luck to your friend, :)

Jo_x

Visit site
Some SJ and XC results for the 90 are up now

Looks like it has been won by Zoe Symes on an incredible dressage of 18.3, 4 sj faults and a clear xc (if I am reading bdwp right!) - she led the dressage by more than 4 points so don't think anyone can beat that!

Last edited:

Ellie2893

Visit site
Full BE100 results now confirmed by BE - Alice Lumley & Foxwood took the title!
BE90 still underway - exciting times with the rider in the lead very local to us with an amazing dressage of 18.3 and just the one down SJ and clear XC! Eeek!
Another H&H forum member is doing extremely well lying in 12th position after SJ, fingers crossed for everyone :)

AandK

Visit site
Hold your horses - that's result after SJ before her XC went up. bwdp currently showing she had 89 time faults which seems ludicrous so don't think we can trust anything on bwdp until final results are up!

Final results now up on BDWP, until just now the were a bit haywire!

glamourpuss

Visit site
The commentator said that the riders were not prepared enough for the XC.

I don't know how the commentator can say that TBH. This is the grassroots championships there is NOTHING like it in terms of atmosphere, fence dressing & spectators anywhere else at this level....hence why people want to qualify! Some horses & riders will cope better than others with the pressure, many just won't.... This doesn't mean they haven't planned & prepared down the finest detail!
Poor Star by all accounts her XC was delayed by an hour & Monty boiled over. I don't think anyone can say she wasn't prepared for today anyone who's followed her blogs can see she'd really given herself the best shot she could :)