Badminton thread!

bananaloaf

Visit site
This reminds me of when WFP won on Tamarillo, lots of big scores. Well done to anyone who gets round, and also those who showed excellent judgement and horsemanship by pulling up when they felt their horses struggle...

only_me

Visit site
That is very strange as she jumped that perfectly last year - i have a pic to prove it!

Must be something to do with the crowds?

humblepie

Visit site
Yep am about 30 miles away and got really windy here. They just showed the crowd and someone had an umbrella up - how has she not taken off!

Dunlin

Visit site
Sara's riding sensibly, I hope she does get round and the 2 stops were just silly ones. The wind getting up cannot help matters....

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

OK, short lived faults I can deal with :p

That drop fence on the downhill with the 2 brushes is terrifying the speed they come down there at!!

only_me

Visit site
do you think the riders are being a bit caucious at the owl hole/bank because they know they need to set up for the skinny on landing ? it hardly caused any problems last year

That could very well be the problem, hard to attack when there is a skinny v close on landing. But to jump bank they need to be on hocks anyway with enough power to get up and this year also now need to keep more of a contact which could possibly just "kill" the jump for the bounce.
Tricky one!

Dunlin

Visit site
Absolutely, same can be said for the log ontop of the slope and the other fence early on where Mark Todd fell. The problems have been when there wasn't enough speed and/or impulsion.

Dunlin

Visit site
Yes but it was a very tricky jump to get out of and start again, so to speak. I think that was why Carolyn Ryan-Bell hesitated at the lake. You're pushed for time and you have to remember the long route, it is very tricky!

armchair_rider

Visit site
Henny is OK, update on the FB page

Not the result I wanted but Henny's back in his stall eating hay which in reality is the most important thing. The ground here is very wet and deep and also very slippery in places. I used the biggest studs I ever have and they still weren't big enough!! He couldn't keep his feet under him. He was also struggling to get off the ground in the muddy places. He jumped great up the bank and through the owl hole but couldn't grip going down the hill to the skinny. I decided to head home with him. Thank you to all my supporters esp the ones that have donated to help our trip over.

Henry gave me all he had but the weather and footing were just too much, not only for us but also almost for the majority of competitors so far.