Badminton thread!

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
I actually think we are lucky that the Beeb still cover Badminton. I certainly won't be complaining! They can't do much about the weather, I think it's great that they have kept up coverage.

Lexi_

Visit site
Where do we complain to about the BBC coverage? Aside from the "outages" I don't think they're showing as many fences as they used to, and certainly not as many horses and the rather vague through the trees pictures are pretty hopeless. Far too many shots of "cute" children and dogs - I want to see horses please!

Oh I was thinking the exact opposite. We see pretty much every fence on course and that's loads better than it used to be.

Can't do anything about the "scenic" shots. The BBC love them!

teapot

Visit site
Where do we complain to about the BBC coverage? Aside from the "outages" I don't think they're showing as many fences as they used to, and certainly not as many horses and the rather vague through the trees pictures are pretty hopeless. Far too many shots of "cute" children and dogs - I want to see horses please!

It might not be BBC camera work though...

armchair_rider

Visit site
I actually think we are lucky that the Beeb still cover Badminton. I certainly won't be complaining! They can't do much about the weather, I think it's great that they have kept up coverage.

I agree. It's actually way better than it used to be now we have all of it on red button rather than a few hours on BBC 1

MegaBeast

Visit site
I think the coverage is really good. Especially considering the difficulties of broadcasting live a course that covers 4 miles. Much fewer crowd shots than they used to do too.

The outages are annoying, but not a surprise given the high winds.

amage

Visit site
In fairness to the BBC looking at how strong the wind is I'd say it's a miracle they have only had the few outages that they have had....and it's certainly not their fault that there has been so many repairs required to fences. Can hardly blame them for filling time with crowd shots. As far as I can make out they have showed every single partnership which is a huge improvement on previous years when you saw the Brits & nobody else

Dunlin

Visit site
I really think the coverage is fantastic and we're damn lucky considering we used to get a ton of events on television about a decade ago; Gatcombe, Highclere, Blair, Windsor and so many others, now we just get Badminton and Burghley.

Thanks for info re: coloured event horses!

frostyfingers

Visit site
I wasn't complaining about the outages, I can see how windy it is and am grateful that it's not me up on the scaffolding thingy doing the long shots - the coverage just seems clunky and inconsistent, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen every horse, but hopefully am wrong! Hoping that since the competition is running a bit late that they'll extend the coverage to the end rather than rushing off to whatever is due on at 6.00.