Badminton thread!

armchair_rider

Visit site
Yes Clark Montgomery dressage leader retiring. Wonder if he had his horses fit enough, they both seem to have run out of steam.

Well I said 30-35 finishers and 35 there are. *bows*

Must confess I hadn't included AN falling in my calculations though :eek:

only_me

Visit site
:eek3:
AN off as well!!

This has been an unbelievable xc day - and tim price is lying 2nd on his other horse currently who was placed 41st after dressage :eek3: that is quite a rise in places!!!

frostyfingers

Visit site
Gob smacked at today - great competition though, and actually I think it does the sport good to have a shake up sometimes. It can get dull if it's always the same people winning - and I imagine it gives everyone hope.

Dunlin

Visit site
I will stand by my earlier remark when I said it has to be in the 90's when we last saw a Badminton XC course cause so much carnage and leaving outsiders up at the top! It's going to be a tense SJ now!

Dunlin

Visit site
I wonder how many horses will be pulled or eliminated tomorrow morning after todays efforts and knocks.

Thanks all for the great company and chatter today! :D

only_me

Visit site
Funnily enough paul tapner moved the least after dressage, he was 2nd lying after dressage and is now in 1st.

Although there is a rider currently in 23rd who was 82nd after dressage!

debsandpets

Visit site
It seems the course is back to the old days .............
What a turn up for the books though, WFP out, Andrew Nicholson and Nereo, Piggy French and Redesigned !!!!!

armchair_rider

Visit site
Just as well there as so few finishers in a way - the SJ course is going to get trashed, I don't think the last few will be jumping off good going. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another major shakeup, anyone who goes clear is bound to move up considerably.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Mr Stickability's crown slipped at a water fence And I didn't even get to see him in wet breeches :( worst luck ever!

Dunlin

Visit site
I'm sure a video will appear somewhere JFTD, are there not XC highlights tomorrow on BBC2 before the SJ?

He didn't land in water though, came off at the jump out of the water.

starryeyed

Visit site
What an eventful day!! Feel like I can finally breathe again. Hope all the fallers aren't too battered and bruised, there were some very nasty ones. Looking forward to tomorrow's SJ!

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
What an eventful day!! Feel like I can finally breathe again. Hope all the fallers aren't too battered and bruised, there were some very nasty ones. Looking forward to tomorrow's SJ!

Wow just got back from work and what a shake up looks nothing like yesterdays board. The new course and the weather has definitely taken it's share of scalps reminded me a bit of watching footage from the 80's.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Epic. Worn out. Just wow.

Thrills and spills and shake ups, but apparently no serious injuries to horse or rider.

Agree that tomorrow's trot up might lose a few more, though.

Agree there may be well a shake up tomorrow and the SJ will sort the tough from the less tough .
Great viewing and what a great job those frangible pins did for the horses today .