Badminton thread!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
This is actually a tough call. When a horse puts in a dirty stop like that you do have to let them know that they have done something wrong.

Unfortunately, it looked bad on TV.

What is worse IMO is riders whipping their horses because they are tired at the end of the course. That is completely unecessary and unfair. It should attract some sort of punishment.
sorry but the correction should have been done with the horse facing the fence and not at a standstill facing the other way. she should have given him a slap on the way to the next jump to get him thinking forwards, however the horse was obviously tired as we saw from the way he was climbing over the fences and she should have pulled him up herself without being told to!!!!!! it was just a show of temper on her part...

armchair_rider

Visit site
There's no perfect solution to this particular problem. Well I suppose the BBC could just show all the SJing, they must record most of it after all.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Great to see the recap actually, they are showing some of the best bits and it's good to be reminded of some of them . . . anxious to get to the SJing though . . .

P

teapot

Visit site
Nope, I hope they use him again.

Great to see Francis' round as the live coverage stopped yesterday (the BBC satellite dish was blown over for those who didn't see the apology).

PolarSkye

Visit site
However, we watched with the sound turned down yesterday and I'm tempted to do the same now . . . Lordy Mike Tucker is annoying . . . !!!

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Anyone thinking they might not use this course designer next year?

I'm thinking they should use him at more three and four stars . . . he's put a fantastic course together here . . . nice to see XC being so influential again rather than dressage.

P

teapot

Visit site
However, we watched with the sound turned down yesterday and I'm tempted to do the same now . . . Lordy Mike Tucker is annoying . . . !!!

P

He's better live - this stuff's been added on as it's different to what he said yesterday, scripted doesn't work for Mr T I feel.

armchair_rider

Visit site
Anyone thinking they might not use this course designer next year?

Sj or XC - or did the same guy do both?

I think the Xc designer is safe. They wanted a hard course and a hard course they got - but the trouble was spread evenly and nobody was badly hurt. If the weather had been better there would have been more finishers and people will probably have their horses fitter next year.

Wendy Schaeffer's clear round is paying off, she's moving up a fair bit. Amazing totals peopel are finishing on though, who'd have thought a score in the 90s would put you in the top 20?

vallin

Visit site
I'm thinking they should use him at more three and four stars . . . he's put a fantastic course together here . . . nice to see XC being so influential again rather than dressage.

P

Couldn't agree more. Quite a few fallers (but first 4* in a while with no long course holds, the longest ones seemed to be for frangible pin repairs), but no hot spots and nice to see even those at the top of the listing being tested.

CalllyH

Visit site
Harry Meade I think has just become a bit of a legend

Good on Francis pulling up easy too. I'm catching up as missed it yesterday, only saw the last 5 xc of which 4 out of 5 fell!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Harry Meade I think has just become a bit of a legend

Good on Francis pulling up easy too. I'm catching up as missed it yesterday, only saw the last 5 xc of which 4 out of 5 fell!

Completely agree about Harry Meade . . . when I told the folks I was watching with yesterday what he had done (and when) they were all gobsmacked.

P