Badminton thread!

armchair_rider

Visit site
Dunno but there may be some very confused people on this thread in a minute - wondering why they're watching the SJing and we're congratulating Sam Griffiths.

Well done Sam!

Congrats to Ollie and Harry, 2nd and 3rd for GB

Think Paul had 3 down in the end, only one clear - Wendy Schaeffer

PolarSkye

Visit site
I wonder why it's changed!!

So that they can condense the whole thing into highlights and then the final b/c they don't show the whole thing any more . . . oh, and so inane sports like F1, snooker and football can be shown instead . . . :(.

P

vallin

Visit site
So pleased for Harry Meade! Can't believe there were no clears, all the horses must be pooped after yesterday, Fantastic test.

CalllyH

Visit site
I know alot of people don't like Oli and good reasons too but I think he's really listened to try and turn things round so I'm actually pleased to see him doing well again

teapot

Visit site
It's not been live for a couple of years - scheduling probably.

Ollie T seemed quite humble there and good on Harry Meade. One clear poles wise but they had time faults.

Nice to see Sam Griffiths on top :biggrin3:

Supertrooper

Visit site
Chuffed to bits for Harry, amazing that he's finished 3rd at Badminton and a very tough one at that after his injuries last year and very very chuffed for Ollie and Pippa too.........

armchair_rider

Visit site
Sam was 25th after dressage, Ollie 34th and Harry 46th. Sure wasn't a dressage contest. And Wendy Schaeffer picks up 9 places through her SJ clear (well apart from the time faults).

Befney3

Visit site
Gotta give Wendy Schaeffer plenty of credit for being the only one to leave all the showjumps up. Wish I could of seen her round but it sounded like that horse really jumps.

Befney3

Visit site
Sorry PS, at least you'll get to see it though. :) I'm gutted I've only been able to listen this year, can't wait to be there watching live next year.

CalllyH

Visit site
Over the past couple of years I've seen oli taking youngsters out at events like rockingham and his riding has been a delight to watch.

I used to really dislike him but he's built some great partnerships with some of the horses he has at the moment and not riding as harshly as he used to.

Might come down to maturity maybe?

teapot

Visit site
Bit mean to spoil it for those who are waiting to watch an on BBC! Don't think I will bother now.

Oh come off it, this is the Badminton thread, it's going to contain the latest results and news. Annoying? Maybe if you want to sit in suspense for 90mins too late. Mean? Not at all.

Appears BBC are only showing the top 8 anyway...

armchair_rider

Visit site
Oh come off it, this is the Badminton thread, it's going to contain the latest results and news. Annoying? Maybe if you want to sit in suspense for 90mins too late. Mean? Not at all.

Appears BBC are only showing the top 8 anyway...

Hear Hear. It isn't reasonable to expect people not to discuss it as it's happening if they have access to it. Complain to the BBC instead, they chose not to show it live

armchair_rider

Visit site
It'll be interesting to see who wins the various trophies - especially the one for best improvement on dressage score. I don't think they'll be giving out many Armada Dishes (prize for 5 completions) this year

Darremi

Visit site
sorry but the correction should have been done with the horse facing the fence and not at a standstill facing the other way. she should have given him a slap on the way to the next jump to get him thinking forwards, however the horse was obviously tired as we saw from the way he was climbing over the fences and she should have pulled him up herself without being told to!!!!!! it was just a show of temper on her part...

This is wrong. If you are going to tell a horse off it needs to be instantaneously after the disobedience or there is no point, as the horse forgets the incident.

In fact what would have helped was to give the horse a reminder at the point of take off going into the water (ie. hailling a cab). But with the sharp turn afterwards perhaps this was not possible.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I watched this and it is still bothering me. Disgusting behaviour from a professional rider. She smacked him in pure anger when he was early already upset/shaken. A lovely host boy who had done her proud numerous times. I am saddened and disgusted and hope she faces some sort of rebuke over this. Her face spoke volumes. Totally unacceptable. To smack to help a horse get over a fence safely is one thing. To take out your own frustrations on it is quite another. Anyone else feel quite cross about her display of temper?

Bothered me too . . . and the other five horsey ladies I watched with . . . quite unnecessary.

P

glamourpuss

Visit site
This is wrong. If you are going to tell a horse off it needs to be instantaneously after the disobedience or there is no point, as the horse forgets the incident.

In fact what would have helped was to give the horse a reminder at the point of take off going into the water (ie. hailling a cab). But with the sharp turn afterwards perhaps this was not possible.

She gave the horse 2 reminders going in but it still stopped. It was in a bit of a heap at the bottom of the fence so not the time to reprimand it then either.
The horse swung itself away from the fence & she gave it another 2 smacks. Possibly not the best point to do it but given that I've never ridden around Badminton & I don't know the horse I wouldn't like to pass judgement on it.