Badminton XC day

only_me

Visit site
That's good they've taken Ingrid's penalties away. Lots of back tracking from the ground jury today.

Only_me, I don't think it's fair to say the footage is appalling, they're showing nearly everyone, just because they're not showing the ones you particularly want to see doesn't mean it's appalling. They have shown lots of irish riders.

They showed very few of the Irish riders. Instead of showing xc, they showed warming up and cool down clips as well as crowd/results clips when they were on xc. What we did see of the Irish amounted to about 3 fences each. JOhnty was shown right up until he had the run out and then we saw nothing till he finished.

All apart from one Irish rider has finished.

mypegasus

www.themusingsofpegasus.wordpress.com
That's good they've taken Ingrid's penalties away. Lots of back tracking from the ground jury today.

Only_me, I don't think it's fair to say the footage is appalling, they're showing nearly everyone, just because they're not showing the ones you particularly want to see doesn't mean it's appalling. They have shown lots of irish riders.

I think that the rule with frankincense pin breaks and missed flags is that penalties are initially awarded and then footage can be reviewed and removed as necessary.

It's the ground jury not the fence judge who make the decision about a frangible pin preventing a fall. So judge says pin broke and Jury review the footage.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I think that the rule with frankincense pin breaks and missed flags is that penalties are initially awarded and then footage can be reviewed and removed as necessary.

It's the ground jury not the fence judge who make the decision about a frangible pin preventing a fall. So judge says pin broke and Jury review the footage.

Frankincense pins - Is that predictive text? :)

only_me

Visit site
Cathal has gone clear with 6tp, moving from 82nd to 26th so far!! Youngest rider (20!) clear at his first badminton :D

Last edited:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
What a shame, that stop for Rutherglen.

And now the leader is off...

And a silly question, but how do they get their jodpurs clean with so much saddle stain on them?

Lexi_

Visit site
They showed very few of the Irish riders. Instead of showing xc, they showed warming up and cool down clips as well as crowd/results clips when they were on xc. What we did see of the Irish amounted to about 3 fences each. JOhnty was shown right up until he had the run out and then we saw nothing till he finished.

All apart from one Irish rider has finished.

Err, we've seen all of them. Maybe not in the quantity you want but they've all been on there. Saw loads of Austin O'Connor and Clare Abbot's rounds, plus a goodly amount of the guy who had the refusal (blanking on his name, sorry!) and plenty of Jonty. We only got about 3 fences worth of Gemma Tattersall's round and she's in the top 10! It's understandable that they don't focus on the mid ranking competitors to the same extent, esp if there's drama happening elsewhere. It was a shame not to see more than one fence of Cathal's round but he was bottom of the leaderboard so I really wouldn't have expected to see much of him.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Err, we've seen all of them. Maybe not in the quantity you want but they've all been on there. Saw loads Austin O Connor and Clare Abbot's rounds, plus a goodly amount of the guy who had the refusal (blanking on his name, sorry!) and plenty of Jonty. We only got about 3 fences worth of Gemma Tattersall's round and she's in the top 10! It's understandable that they don't focus on the mid ranking competitors to the same extent, esp if there's drama happening elsewhere. It was a shame not to see more than one fence of Cathal's round but he was bottom of the leaderboard so I really wouldn't have expected to see much of him.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this!

Poor Chris, what a disappointment for him

only_me

Visit site
Err, we've seen all of them. Maybe not in the quantity you want but they've all been on there. Saw loads Austin O Connor and Clare Abbot's rounds, plus a goodly amount of the guy who had the refusal (blanking on his name, sorry!) and plenty of Jonty. We only got about 3 fences worth of Gemma Tattersall's round and she's in the top 10! It's understandable that they don't focus on the mid ranking competitors to the same extent, esp if there's drama happening elsewhere. It was a shame not to see more than one fence of Cathal's round but he was bottom of the leaderboard so I really wouldn't have expected to see much of him.

I've been watching all day (revising lol) and have seen very few of the Irish riders. Fair enough on the mid ranked, but as I've said before they usually show little of the Irish. There was even a letter to HH last year about it. But I guess I just expected to see xc not lots of cool down or warm up clips. We definitely didn't see much of Clare abbot - and even dad who came in to see her go was complaining.

there was very little coverage. You can disagree, but I've had it on all day and stop specifically to see the Irish and been very disappointed. There was more coverage of them than last year yes, but still very little.

Anyway, that's them all gone now. Back to studying!

teapot

Visit site
There are three riders minimum on course at any one time, what do you want them to do?

Coverage has been great, as per usual, thanks BBC!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I don't think either of their hearts were in that one.

I think the rider didn't expect it and wasn't quite behind the horse.

Have you noticed that when they interview a Brit in the lead it's "well we've still got a lot to do tomorrow, I've got my fingers crossed". But the Germans say,"yes he's a good jumper so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.." Both practically stock answers yet so different!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I really can't get to grips with the way Louise Harwood rides. She's very brave though, to be so tiny and take such big horses out there!

She always looks untidy because she has had her ankles fused I think, it's certainly from some sort of injury, but she's usually very effective and does always seem to have big horses to ride.

Mule

Visit site
We'll I'm jealous of these riders who have sudden stops and don't go flying over the horse's head.