Badminton XC day

scats

Visit site
Didn't she had a car accident that left her with some leg damage?

I didn't realise this. It's not actually her legs that annoy me, it's her flapping hands, but perhaps she needs to do this to get horses moving if she hasn't got full range of movement in her legs.

I do think she's exceptionally brave on such big horses, she's a little dot in comparison.

Lexi_

Visit site
I've been watching all day (revising lol) and have seen very few of the Irish riders. Fair enough on the mid ranked, but as I've said before they usually show little of the Irish. There was even a letter to HH last year about it. But I guess I just expected to see xc not lots of cool down or warm up clips. We definitely didn't see much of Clare abbot - and even dad who came in to see her go was complaining.

there was very little coverage. You can disagree, but I've had it on all day and stop specifically to see the Irish and been very disappointed. There was more coverage of them than last year yes, but still very little.

Anyway, that's them all gone now. Back to studying!

We're gonna have to agree to disagree because I've been watching it all day as well and there was plenty of coverage of them :D

Like teapot says, three horses on course at any one time, 30 fences (not all of which are visible by camera). Chuck in the odd interview and replay of any falls/refusals, plus the inevitable crowd shots and it's just not possible to guarantee more than a few fences per horse unless they're either one of the main contenders or happen to be on course by themselves.

I think the coverage has been fab this year. Not nearly so many dog or ice cream shots as usual!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Tim Price has a stirrup backwards :p.

Louise Harwood teaches down this way quite often, I've debated having a lesson with her a few times.

Lexi_

Visit site
I didn't realise this. It's not actually her legs that annoy me, it's her flapping hands, but perhaps she needs to do this to get horses moving if she hasn't got full range of movement in her legs.

I do think she's exceptionally brave on such big horses, she's a little dot in comparison.

She's also got the skinniest legs in the world. No idea how she manages to cope with such huge horses!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Tim Price has a stirrup backwards :p.

Louise Harwood teaches down this way quite often, I've debated having a lesson with her a few times.

I think she'd be fab. I mentioned earlier that I did a course walk at Blair with her last year and she was super, a real thinker and got her decision making process across very well.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Andrew's round is nice too, and he's another that deserves a win here. He's got to showjumping though!

Tina's round is lovely. I love this horse. If this isn't at the Europeans they're crazy!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Did he lose a shoe? Without all that slipping he'd have got that.

What a final hour! I really enjoyed that Badminton. Flying to LA tomorrow at 9.30am, it will be all over before I get there!