Badminton XC thread

Supertrooper

Visit site
I’m not sure what the answer is but a bit of me is just wondering if this years course is just too tough after the last two years

only_me

Visit site
I can’t understand why they aren’t stopped. Lots of those tired horses scrambling over the last fence it’s so sad to see.

I think he rode with a very long rein so there wasn’t any support to try & be able to help the horse, although I don’t think there have been too many exhausted ones finishing today

Bustermartin

Visit site
I can’t understand why they aren’t stopped. Lots of those tired horses scrambling over the last fence it’s so sad to see.
Crazy - I thought the sport had moved on and horses were being stopped - but he looked way past it. London 52 very worrying. He looks tired far earlier than he should

Michen

Visit site
I think he rode with a very long rein so there wasn’t any support to try & be able to help the horse, although I don’t think there have been too many exhausted ones finishing today

There has been at least three over the last fence where me and my eventer friend have gasped as to whether they’d get over.

only_me

Visit site
I’m not sure what the answer is but a bit of me is just wondering if this years course is just too tough after the last two years

Or are there more riders with horses who haven’t had more 4* experience and so not quite as prepared/hours in as there normally would be?

Oh fabulous, horse is up but absolutely exhausted, looks like every step is requiring so much effort poor boy

sasquatch

Visit site
Really hoping
That was a horrific fall, horse exhausted but I don’t think that’s why it didn’t get up. Hopefully will be proved wrong later on with a good update.

Seemed to struggle to get neck/front up. Hopefully just winded

So relieved to see he’s up and walking.

Michen

Visit site
Did anyone else see the vet(?) pulling his tail to one side while he was walking? :(

I was really looking forward to Badders XC after so many years without it but I'm honestly finding this quite hard viewing with the number of horse falls today.

I assumed it was to help stabilise him as he walked

sasquatch

Visit site
What does that mean?

Could be for balance, the horse walked back to the stables without
I’m absolutely stunned, it looked like it was about to die to me to be totally honest.
Never been more pleased to be wrong!!

I had a horrible heart stopping moment when all I could think of was Hickstead. Very glad to have been proven wrong.