Badminton XC thread

DirectorFury

Visit site
Iirc in Badminton 2019* there were quite a lot of rider falls but not many horse falls (maybe none) because the course was technical but mainly used fences that had frangible pins. It meant that riders were the ones dealing with the consequences of mistakes rather than the horses and that felt like a better option than what we've seen today.

*Might've been Burghley - I remember Ingrid Klimke having a fall at a series of two skinny gates?

Edit: Not IK as she didn't do Badminton 2019...no idea who I'm thinking of!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I didn’t like that fence. I thought it just looked odd and hard to read, but most horses jumped it well

sasquatch

Visit site
And it’s not like it’s the less experienced riders falling off! I’m not sure about Hazel Shannon but everyone else has represented their country at championships.

I think commentators said her and her horse have won Adelaide 3 times, so wouldn’t say they’re inexperienced. Horse just took a dislike to the fence and hesitated, and that’s not really a fence you can get away with a bit more hesitant jump at

Lexi_

Visit site
I think commentators said her and her horse have won Adelaide 3 times, so wouldn’t say they’re inexperienced. Horse just took a dislike to the fence and hesitated, and that’s not really a fence you can get away with a bit more hesitant jump at

Oh yeah, I didn’t mean she was a novice! Just wasn’t sure if she’d been on an Australian team or not and was trying to be accurate ?

sasquatch

Visit site
Oh yeah, I didn’t mean she was a novice! Just wasn’t sure if she’d been on an Australian team or not and was trying to be accurate ?

I know someone was the reserve for a team in the Olympics but can’t remember who it was and if it was her or not

stangs

Visit site
It meant that riders were the ones dealing with the consequences of mistakes rather than the horses and that felt like a better option than what we've seen today.
That's what the sport has to be about, going forward. If the rider messes up, or if they're not on the same wavelength as the horse, and they fall and get a brain injury - that's on them. They knew the risks going in. But the horses didn't ask to be there; frankly, from what I've seen, I'm not sure many of them like it there. They certainly shouldn't have to pay for any mistakes made.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Is rider 94 wearing a hard plastic BP or am I seeing things?

Edit: I was not seeing things! Wonder if it was one of those exoskeleton BPs?