Banned from yard

Visit site
Aside: If anyone from this yard is reading this, please do as you did last time and screenshot and send to the owner, as I know I am in the right and beyond caring.

I have my one horse on loan and left the yard with my other horse as I moved. As soon as I left, the YO started doing really weird stuff with my horse, like adding things to his feed (after previously being asked repeatedly not to), moving him randomly out of the herd and then back again, and telling my loaner about everything I was selling on FB and then asking her if she would rather loan one of his horses.

Anyway, I got a call to say horse was broken, so I hop in the car and drive 2 hours to see broken horse. Horse is a bit of a drama queen and even a minor scrape is the end of the world. It was mid day and I advised the loaner to wait and see if he was still just as broken the next day before calling vet out (as many horse owners do). Turns out was just an abscess but he did not present with any heat etc or digital pulse.
Whilst I was there she informed me he had been vaccinated the day before but my other horses (had forgot to collect it), passport had been signed. I knew NOTHING about this. I had not organised it, not authorised it and not been told it was happening, further more, none of the horses had been due to be vaccinated as they had been done 2 months prior. Fast forward to the next day...vet said she was advised to vaccine the other horse and so had vaccinated the wrong horse and signed the other ones passport (I cannot make this up). I posted on BSJA asking for advice on the situation. Someone screen shotted it (literally almost to the word what I have written here), and sent it to the YO. YO sent me the most diabolical email accusing me of XYZ, horse abuse, cruelty because I did not call the vet immediately, told me he had discussed my horses with other liveries and some other things, and banned me from the yard that my horse is on.

I responded to the email, ignoring the tirade of nastiness and asked YO how they propose I go about collecting my horse or seeing my horse (loaner has to give me access at all times and we are actually friends). YO ignores the email and forwards it onto the loaner asking her if she is aware, she tells him that he is my horse and I can do what I want with him. I am still ignored and banned.
I have also found out that he bad mouthed me all over the group chat and told them all I was banned and not to let me on the yard to see/move my horse.
Loaner has given notice and is moving him, but we wanted to get him out of there sooner.

I never had a bad relationship with the YO, in fact I did numerous favors and jobs for them. Unpaid for the last 10 days (so they haven't paid me for work done but at this stage i don't even care). I left on good terms, before the month was up, fully paid up and cleaned out.

Anyone been through this? What do you suggest/can I just walk on and get the horse (I know it's private property but he is my property).

ihatework

Visit site
Find another yard and get the loaner to move any kit, walk the horse outside gates, load up and go. Pay remaining bills. Stick 2 fingers up and hold your head high.

Keep it off FB and just be the adult and the better person in the situation.

Vets should only be acting under the authority of the owner in their records, unless an emergency- which vaccinating a horse without the correct paperwork is not.

nagblagger

Visit site
There seems to be 2 separate things from what i can gather from your post, if a vet vaccinated my horse without me knowing the sh#t would hit the fan. Complain to the practice manager and the vets complaint authority. Who is to pay the bill? Who will change the passport so it is the correct? The vet has breached all the rules and trust, with s feeble excuse, by the sounds of it. Even if i phone to book a double visit with my friend, to save costs, my vet want her to telephone as well just to confirm.

If the yard owner doesn't want you on their property i assume that is their right, I would organise a date and time to collect your horse, inform the YO and also say you have informed the police (copy them into the email you have sent her so she can see it is the truth) so if there is any problem in collecting your property they will respond. Take your horse ASAP, even if it does have to come back to you as you do not know what else they could be doing to it.

Visit site
What exactly are you asking? Whether you can collect the horse you own but is loaned out?

If the person who has your horse on loan is not banned from the yard and wants the horse off the yard too, just get her to remove him?

We are in agreement that the horse needs to be moved. We are friends and the horse comes first. Basically I need to go onto the yard with loaner to collect horse whether it’s to return to me or to a yard she finds if she finds one.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
What are you expecting the YO to do if you just drive into the yard to pick the horse up? Is this a violent person?

I doubt the police would turn up if called and as the horse is your property I can't see what they'd do.

Katieg123

Visit site
What is the YO bad mouthing about you? As far as you've said you've done nothing wrong. Either way take the high road. Don't engage in the drama and have your horse removed asap. Do you have another horsey friend that can help remove the horse if you really cant get it yourself? The whole situation sounds a bit mad...

Visit site
What is the YO bad mouthing about you? As far as you've said you've done nothing wrong. Either way take the high road. Don't engage in the drama and have your horse removed asap. Do you have another horsey friend that can help remove the horse if you really cant get it yourself? The whole situation sounds a bit mad...

Yup. Can’t make this up. Unfortunately YO is very set in their ways. They have bad mouthed other liveries to me so I’m not entirely surprised and they have also been a bit controlling and rude to me previously. But was water off a ducks back.

Unfortunately I questioned their ways and it wasn’t received well.

Have spoken to a previous livery who told me that they will never change. Pity as they run a lovely set up with stunning facilities.

Visit site
What are you expecting the YO to do if you just drive into the yard to pick the horse up? Is this a violent person?

I doubt the police would turn up if called and as the horse is your property I can't see what they'd do.

I’m very non-confrontational so I would probably cry (haha) if they started on me or get really angry and say a few swear words.

I don’t want to cause an issue or drama. But at the same time the horse and a few other things need to be moved and I cannot expect other people to move the other things as they are heavy and cumbersome.

Reactions: JBM
Visit site
I would follow what @nagblagger and @AShetlandBitMeOnce has said!

Id get my horse the hell out of there and good riddance to the rest left.

I honestly do not understand why people need to start getting bitter!

Waiting for the abcess to heal a bit (he is now on 4 legs and soundish) before travelling as I don’t feel it’s fair to travel him until he’s at least 80 percent right. I had planned on doing it all tomorrow but vet advised against it.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
If you are driving the horse box to remove your horse, it's highly unlikely that the YO will want to stop you.
If you're using a transport company, surely your loaner can be there while they load up and collect any remaining kit.
If the relationship between the YO and yourself has broken down, there's nothing to be gained from adding to the drama.

PurBee

Visit site
Strictly speaking you are still the horse owner, and the YO has a contract with you on their yard, which i presume has a ‘give notice’ period stated, should either party wish to end contract?

(hopefully you have a written contract?)

If so, as its contracted, you have every legal right to access to your property - your horse, while under the contract notice period. Theyre in breach of contract by suddenly issuing a ban.

But if you have no contract, or its verbal, they can do whatever they like, and refuse entry to whoever they wish.

Sympathies for you, it sounds stressful, im glad you have get outta dodge options and will be moving quick anyway.

Kaylum

Visit site
So the vet vaccinated your horse that had already been vaccinated and signed your other horses passport. Had your other horse been recently vaccinated I mean did it say on the passport it had been recently vaccinated? They don't just randomly turn up with vaccinations so someone must have booked that in.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Strictly speaking you are still the horse owner, and the YO has a contract with you on their yard, which i presume has a ‘give notice’ period stated, should either party wish to end contract?

If so, as its contracted, you have every legal right to access to your property - your horse, while under the contract notice period. Theyre in breach of contract by suddenly issuing a ban.

But if you have no contract, or its verbal, they can do whatever they like, and refuse entry to whoever they wish.

Sympathies for you, it sounds stressful, im glad you have get outta dodge options and will be moving quick anyway.
Id expect contract to be with loaner not owner

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
The legalities of it seem irrelevant really. Trespass is a civil matter not a criminal one and you would not be there long enough for anyone to do anything about ‘removing’ you. And no one is going to take action against you for collecting your own horse after you’ve left.

The only question really is one of practicality - will YO be abusive? Will you be physically prevented from getting your horse?

I’d personally just turn up at the earliest possible time, load up asap and get gone. I would not inform YO.

Sorry you’re in this situation. Sounds very stressful

Visit site

I didn’t think about the contract. I do still have one with them. And they sent another to the loaner (she’s yet to acknowledge it though)

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Waiting for the abcess to heal a bit (he is now on 4 legs and soundish) before travelling as I don’t feel it’s fair to travel him until he’s at least 80 percent right. I had planned on doing it all tomorrow but vet advised against it.
What a terrible sh1tty situation tho OP

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I don't know why people are surprised that a vet will vaccinate the wrong horse. When vets have turned up to vaccinate my horses I just tell them what they need and they give it from what they are carrying and they carry enough so that if somebody else says "while you're here can you ..." , they can.

I've never seen a vet check the passport that it's the correct horse, and rarely that it's the correct date, and even then not until after it's done and they are filling in the passport.

I don't find this at all unreasonable, most people wouldn't be asking a vet to give a horse a vaccine that isn't due, but there is little risk to early vaccination.

Last edited:
Visit site
The legalities of it seem irrelevant really. Trespass is a civil matter not a criminal one and you would not be there long enough for anyone to do anything about ‘removing’ you. And no one is going to take action against you for collecting your own horse after you’ve left.

The only question really is one of practicality - will YO be abusive? Will you be physically prevented from getting your horse?

I’d personally just turn up at the earliest possible time, load up asap and get gone. I would not inform YO.

Sorry you’re in this situation. Sounds very stressful
So the vet vaccinated your horse that had already been vaccinated and signed your other horses passport. Had your other horse been recently vaccinated I mean did it say on the passport it had been recently vaccinated? They don't just randomly turn up with vaccinations so someone must have booked that in.

Yup. Everything had been previously signed. Was the same vet aswell. And no one was due a follow up vaccine as they are competing horses so done in line with BS so no one was even over due.

Visit site
I don't know why people are surprised that a vet will vaccinate the wrong horse. When vets have turned up to vaccinate my horses I just tell them what they need and they give it from what they are carrying and they carry enough so that if somebody else says "while you're here can you ..." , they can.

I've never seen a vet check the passport that is the correct horse, and rarely that it's the correct date, and even then not until after it's done and they are filling in the passport.

I don't find this at all unreasonable, most people wouldn't be asking a vet to give a horse a vaccine that isn't due, but there is little risk to early vaccination.

They had just been done. The YO was aware of this as I was one of the whilst you are here can you brigade when vet turned up previously. YO had to even give me passports for vet to sign when they did them in May as YO kept passports for liveries.

Kaylum

Visit site
It's all on our vets computer records. Ask your vet to check why your horse was vaccinated when not due. Also someone must have presented the horse for vaccination and given them the passport.