Be part of H&H's new co-buys to grab great discounts

HHO admin

Administrator
Visit site
Horse & Hound is launching co-buying on Horseandhound.co.uk, giving our fabulous website readers the chance to buy together for less.

Thousands of people visit Horseandhound.co.uk every day and we are inviting you to join our exciting new service, which will enable you to save money on the things you need to enjoy your horses and your riding at every level.

Co-buying works by gathering together people who want to purchase a particular product and then driving down the price from the retailer to give you the best possible deal. The more people that sign up to buy the product, the cheaper everyone gets it for. It's that easy.

Say you were interested in buying a new stable rug for your horse. The normal price of the rug in a shop might be £60. With co-buying if five people all agree to buy the rug, then the price drops slightly to say £50; if 10 people want the rug, it drops further to maybe £40; and if 20 people want the rug it drops even more, perhaps to £30, which would be a saving of 50%. What a great bargain!

And it gets even better than that. Each co-buying deal will have a set number of items available. If the deal sells out then the reader who managed to ‘sign-up’ the most friends to join them in the co-buy gets the product absolutely free!

But before we can launch this fantastic service, we need you to tell us what items you would like co-buy. Are you after turnout rugs, winter jackets or a nice pair of waterproof gloves at the moment? Let us know using this thread, via facebook comments on this article, or via twitter using #HHwishlist. We will then produce a leader board showing the most popular products requested and we will try to get them for you.

We will be revealing a launch date and the first product available to co-buy shortly, so be sure to keep visiting Horseandhound.co.uk to stay up to date with the latest co-buy deals.

Tanta

Visit site
Ariat Devon Pro or Quantum boots please - the ones with the front zip. Such an expensive purcashe now, so any discount welcome

HHO admin

Administrator
Visit site
That sounds lovely for the customers but not so good for tack shops who are struggling to stay afloat in the current economic climate :(

It's an excellent marketing opportuity for any manfacturers or retailers who would like to be involved. They can get more details by contacting the H&H sales team.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That sounds lovely for the customers but not so good for tack shops who are struggling to stay afloat in the current economic climate :(

It's an excellent marketing opportuity for any manfacturers or retailers who would like to be involved. They can get more details by contacting the H&H sales team.

SC makes a very good point which you didn't answer very well.

For manufacturers and big retailers, yes, it's a good idea but it isn't for the genuine saddleries and tack shops that give their customers personal service; no quicker way for them to go under and then you'll be doing an article bemoaning the lack of individual saddleries.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Thanks Maesfen :) That is exactly what I mean. It's all very well for big retailers and manufacturers but there are many smaller traders out there who are struggling greatly at the present time. If Horse & Hound are set on driving down prices to levels where independents haven't a hope of competing then smaller traders could well lose their livelihoods :(

What about H&H doing something to help smaller traders? That would be excellent PR for you and show the human face of your business!

HHO admin

Administrator
Visit site
SC makes a very good point which you didn't answer very well.

For manufacturers and big retailers, yes, it's a good idea but it isn't for the genuine saddleries and tack shops that give their customers personal service; no quicker way for them to go under and then you'll be doing an article bemoaning the lack of individual saddleries.

Apologies if I wasn't absolutely clear. Local tackshops and saddlers are welcome to take part if they can supply a relevant number (it doesn't have to be hundreds of boots/rugs/whatever - each offer will be for a limited number of items only) of an item which you, the readers, say you want to buy. We aren't limiting this in any way to just the 'big boys' and would be very happy to discuss options with retailers of all sizes. We want to be as inclusive as possible and enable everyone (readers and sellers) to benefit from this exciting opportunity.

WestCoast

Visit site
Only suggestions. I suspect the hassle wouldn't be worth it on smaller items.

Winter rugs - the more expensive, high quality ones.

Quality tack. Id like a nice quality bridle for hairy.

Flex stirrups e.g sprenger.

Nicnac

Visit site
I wouldn't personally be interested in everyday items such as Joules Clothing, yard boots, everyday rugs etc. as believe there are enough websites & tack shops with sales where these can be sourced at good prices.

I would be interested in high end products i.e. expensive breeches, riding/country boots, show jumps (Jump for Joy for example), yard equipment, saddles (again high end not the affordable synthetic types).

How would the postage work as this is where the scheme could become an issue as retailers may be tempted to increase the shipping costs to recoup the loss on the initial purchase.

ajn1610

Visit site
I agree with Nicnac, for clothing I would want to try before I buy and as others have said I wouldn't divert custom from my local tackshop, I'm happy to pay a sligtly higher price for the service and convience. However yard equipment would be excellent. I want a HayGain steamer and jump for joy xc style fences this winter. I wouldn't buy these independently but if you could negotiate a group discount I'd definitely be interested.

Mo11y

Visit site
Anything warm and waterproof at the moment for both horse and rider. Hi viz, rugs, good quality clippers etc etc

noname

Visit site
I'm looking for a Cavalleria Toscana dressage jacket, uvex uvison helmet and charles owen J3 helmet.
Always up for a bargain though so will be good to see what deals you can come up with. Spooks clothing, hunter wellies, long leather boots....There is always stuff my horses need, brushing boots, rugs, saddle pads...hmmm where is my billionaire boyfriend.

Last edited:

willtowin

Visit site
Good quality winter coats - specifically Musto 'Snug Blouson' and 'ZP 176 Training Jacket'. Also good quality breeches, Mark Todd, Pikeur etc, and riding socks e.g. Toggi ones.