Best falls- off horse

monte1

Visit site
Far too many to mention over the years, but quite a recent one, last week we went XC schooling at Boomerang, all going very well, horse and I getting back into it after having done no xc at all since last September, the trainer suggested we go tackle the Boomerang jump, so off we went, nice steady approach and at the very last second horse sticks brakes on and I sail (quite elegantly :) ) over the fence slide through the brush and end up sitting on my bottom on the other side, still holding the reins !! poor horse didn't know what happened just stood there looking through the fence at me! .. my DD was there videoing the whole thing and found it hilarious as you can imagine. No harm done thankfully, but on watching the video playback I noticed I leaned forward to take off just a fraction to soon, you can see his shoulder lift off and drop back down again, so I think it was all my fault. totally rider error - maybe I was a little anxious thinking back - it looked pretty big as we approached it!! maybe I will send the video to you've been framed ..LOL

ew0855

Visit site
Had a lovely hack round the fields on the big lad. Saw the pony club kids in the pens so thought I'd just check I wasn't about to dismount into a puddle before getting off. Lent over horses shoulder and sure enough stood in puddle so gave a little squeeze to ask him to take a step forward. He did... and I forward rolled straight over his shoulder and ended up sat in the muddy water. Couldn't have repeated it if I'd tried.

ladyt25

Visit site
I fell off quiet spectacularly just yesterday and my am I suffering for it today :(

Took my riding 4 yo to his first ever ridden show (as a spectator only, was jumping my other horse). As had a fair time to wait before jumping my horse I thought would ride my youngster round first. When it was quiet in the warm up I wandered him round there a bit. However, as he did a few spooks I came out before people started warming up as didn't want to get in the way.

Moved to walking round a field they have there which is an overflow box park but good for doing some schooling in. He was doing really well, being a bit nappy about turning right, away from where his mate was. This isn't unusual and he has little paddys but then normally does as he's told. However, 15 or 20 mins after walking about, asking for turns left and right he finally lost it, went up in front, smacking me in the face, plunged foward and then went to tunr left. I think this is where I lost my balance a bit which resulted in a bitof a broncing episode. I SO thought I was going to sit it out and stay on but i think me being unbalanced scared him and he lauched sideways, cue me flying out the side door and hitting the ground with a thud!

I managed to jump my horse later in the day but theold muscles were seizing up. This morning I feel like I have whiplash, can't pull or life anything heavy withmy right arm and my leg is starting to stiffen :( Horse eh!

I did get back on and KNOW I have to get him through an argument like this again (and this time hopefully stay on!) Haven't come off like that though for probably nearly 20 years - I don't bounce so much these days!!!! :)

Zero00000

Visit site
Riding around the woods and a branch wrapped around my neck, Que me on the floor in the biggest puddle/mud ever, friend hysterically laughing, reminder to self, do not look up until you know low branches are gone!

Another was someone went past me high speed in the school and knees were going to knock, lifted my leg so fast i flew off the side at the same time:D

ibot

Visit site
:eek::eek::eek::eek: wow do you know what maybe we are a lucky bunch that you all have survived to tell the tale.

When people ask me what i do with my horse i always say "try to stay on" as a joke but maybe its fairly accurate :eek::D lol

liannexsx

Visit site
Fell off today, first time in 16 years. Balance is rubbish after not really riding for 10 years. On a friends green horse..asked for canter, I was obv unbalanced, horse said eh Cheerio novice...buck buck buck....sail through the ears.
Glad it's over and done with now but annoyed I've let myself get so crap and have my own to break this year :-(

ibot

Visit site
Fell off today, first time in 16 years. Balance is rubbish after not really riding for 10 years. On a friends green horse..asked for canter, I was obv unbalanced, horse said eh Cheerio novice...buck buck buck....sail through the ears.
Glad it's over and done with now but annoyed I've let myself get so crap and have my own to break this year :-(

well done you for getting back on after having a break. we all feel quite stiff but you did it well done, the good news is you bounced :):)

liannexsx

Visit site
Lol. Have prob rode once a year at least through that and have still had horses. I'm absolutely fine on a schoolmaster but a green horse sure showed me my shortcomings! At least there were no witnesses :)

liannexsx

Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I'm ok, just sore.
Tall dark and poor said this morning if u are riding horses again u better get insured. When he learned I'd had a fall said "don't tell me" and "you better get an electric wheelchair when you are paralysed cos I'm not pushing you". Hehe, lesson learned. Lie in future!

ibot

Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I'm ok, just sore.
Tall dark and poor said this morning if u are riding horses again u better get insured. When he learned I'd had a fall said "don't tell me" and "you better get an electric wheelchair when you are paralysed cos I'm not pushing you". Hehe, lesson learned. Lie in future!

ooh sounds like my grey tall and poor :D:D:D