Blair Europeans on TV now

PolarSkye

Visit site
I love this little horse - he's neat and elegant and athletic and does everything in a lovely, easy rhythm.

P

P.S. Sandra's horse . . .

amage

Visit site
Repair to a frangible was reason for hold but Camille Guyot was eliminated so would guess that was the fall that caused the damage.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I've always loved Easy Target - he's a compact little horse and a real trier . . . but he is looking a little tired, bless him . . .

P

madmav

Visit site
Nice to see Nicholas Tousaint back at the top level. Remember him in tears after winning Badminton. Love a man that gets emosh!

madmav

Visit site
And love Tina and Harry gently correcting all of Mike Tucker's commentating fluffs. He is Alan Partidge's wingman!

Custard Cream

Visit site
Very pleased for Wills - great round.

Loving also listening to Harry (he's Brand Ambassador for our company so have met him a couple of times - he is as lovely as he sounds!), looking forward to seeing him compete at Blenheim next weekend.

teapot

Visit site
and Tina's just as lovely as she sounds too. They're a fab commentary team. I find Tucker much better actually AT events, rather than on tv.

WFP next out!

hollyandivy123

Visit site
two refusals or run outs so he made the best choice, there was no chance with those points, the course was riding more and more damp. save the horse for another day, a good decision

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
two refusals or run outs so he made the best choice, there was no chance with those points, the course was riding more and more damp. save the horse for another day, a good decision
Fair choice for an individual, but not for a team member. Unless he thought the horse was distressed or unsound. Rather disappointing.

teapot

Visit site
Fair choice for an individual, but not for a team member. Unless he thought the horse was distressed or unsound. Rather disappointing.

You can win a medal with three riders, who were all home, with only one refusal. After two run outs on that ground, why risk having more issues/possible injury?

Obviously if one of the three fails the trot up tomorrow then chances are gone but that's the risk you take.

Polonaise

Visit site
According to the h&h course photos there was an alternative on flatter ground, why re-attempt the skinny with a missing flag? Should always try and finish in a team competition unless the horse's welfare is at risk. Is there something wrong with WFP at the moment, forgetting the course last weekend then appearing to give up this weekend doesn't seem quite right.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Can anyone give me a summary of what has happened to the British riders (I've seen the leaderboard)? I'm abroad and can't watch.

Ps

Edited to add, I can't imagine WFP dropping a team round unless there was a very good reason. He's always struggled on and come home in the past.

teapot

Visit site
Well all reports suggest the horse wasn't quite right in the dressage so maybe he felt something.

Tricky decision to make as he could have finished, been the discard score and still fail the trot up tomorrow morning. They're not chasing the Rio qualification and unless the Germans fall over, it won't be a Gold medal so... damned if you do, damned if you don't. Though if someone's spun tomorrow, it's all over anyway.

Honey:

Nicola got round with one run out (now 28th) Kitty (currently 5th), and Pippa (currently 10th) both round outside of time, WFP retired, so team is in Silver over night, a long way off the Germans in Gold.

Individual wise - Francis retired after grinding to a halt, Gemma T clear inside the time, Izzy T clear inside time (now 3rd), Ollie had a run out, but got home, (now 19th), Wills Oakden got round, Sarah B and Heidi W both had problems at fence 4 but got home. Laura C got round (now 9th),

Last edited: