Blue at Fat Camp

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think he’s lovely. I’m failing to find one for OH and he would be a perfect candidate!!!

He would be perfect for many jobs his first job was with an older man who died You can tell he’s used to looking after his rider.
When we put an adult male beginner on him, he just went I have got this .
You will have to keep searching and be prepared to pay a fair bit I could not believe he turned up half and hour away from me .
I could sell him tomorrow if I needed to .

Goldenstar

Visit site
Yes atm he’s out without a muzzle .
They are on around six acres (4 horses ) made up of three paddocks and Fatties strip plus three of my tiny squares so they have as much space as possible .
The grass is bare waiting for rain that and the fact we are working them six days a week except Fatty of course .
They are hungry we really need rain there’s not much grass.
When the grass gets going I will stable during the day I prefer this to using a muzzle I keep them off the grass during day away from the flys and off the grass when the sugar is at its highest .
I am changing my way doing things trying to get them onto the summer fields early on a bigger area .
We are buying another 3.75 acres I had hoped they would be able to go onto that in April but the sale is not through yet and it will need a lot of fencing so my Plan which was that the new field would be a spring field has gone wrong it’s on the other side of the drive so I don’t want to use it in the dark days .
I am working towards feeding less forage in the winter and keeping them out till December we managed to Christmas Eve this year and they went out mid March .
Of course it’s the first summer Blue has been here so I need to see how we get on with him.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
My fatty drives me mad ?. She is stabled during the day AND wears a muzzle the rest of the time, and from today she goes onto soaked forage, and from some point in time she will also have to have that restricted in quantity. She's the good doer of all good doers!

It's hard work doing what you've done to get Blue in shape, you've done well.

Ceriann

Visit site
He would be perfect for many jobs his first job was with an older man who died You can tell he’s used to looking after his rider.
When we put an adult male beginner on him, he just went I have got this .
You will have to keep searching and be prepared to pay a fair bit I could not believe he turned up half and hour away from me .
I could sell him tomorrow if I needed to .
Bless him - it was meant to be!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What a buy he was, you must be so pleased you through the blubber and hassled to get that deal done quickly. You've done a great job with him.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Thank you , I am amazed what he is capable of the only way to get him to canter for the vetting was for me to be at one end of the school with a lunge whip and the agent at the other a fit young eventer on top who was puce with the effort.
Even then it was not really canter it was four time head up and throw to the outside .
We have not even worked very hard on the flat we don’t school him much or for long twice a week max .
We still need to develop a better transition I think now the canter is more comfortable for everyone the tension which is the cause of the issue in the transition will go .
This was horse was unhappy stiff and miserable because humans let him get fat .

Antw23uk

Visit site
I bought a happy hacker late last year who was out of shape, wonky, stiff as a board and scared of life (petrified to do anything wrong) and with lots of physio, chiro and correct work and weight management he is turning into an absolute superstar as well Goldenstar :) Slow progress as he is 13 and clocked up the mileage somewhere judging by his legs but slowly slowly wins the race and I'm thrilled with him and he will likely end up happy hacker turned fun allrounder and will hopefully be everything i want and need :)

Ceriann

Visit site
If anyone spots anything like this in ads send my way - I was pipped to the post again last week with what sounded a nice chap for my hubby to get out and about on. I’m really quick picking these up in ads but others are just quicker!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I bought a happy hacker late last year who was out of shape, wonky, stiff as a board and scared of life (petrified to do anything wrong) and with lots of physio, chiro and correct work and weight management he is turning into an absolute superstar as well Goldenstar :) Slow progress as he is 13 and clocked up the mileage somewhere judging by his legs but slowly slowly wins the race and I'm thrilled with him and he will likely end up happy hacker turned fun allrounder and will hopefully be everything i want and need :)

It’s great isn’t it when you see them change and they relax and begin to enjoy life .

Antw23uk

Visit site
It’s great isn’t it when you see them change and they relax and begin to enjoy life .

Yeah his character is really coming out now and he has a cheeky side when he allows himself to relax and chill out. He's obviously been schooled at some point in his life so we are starting to peel the layers back now to see how much, by what method etc as well as produce him nicely. He has a lesson with a pro tonight and i pop on for the last ten minutes to get a feel for what they've worked on in the session so i can practice before his/ our next lesson. its so much fun and he is really enjoying the variety :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
If anyone spots anything like this in ads send my way - I was pipped to the post again last week with what sounded a nice chap for my hubby to get out and about on. I’m really quick picking these up in ads but others are just quicker!

Does it have to be a gelding there’s a nice shire x ID 6yo on horse quest very green but she is a hard type to find .

Ceriann

Visit site
Does it have to be a gelding there’s a nice shire x ID 6yo on horse quest very green but she is a hard type to find .
Nope - mare might be easier. I saw her and considered her too young but did go back and look at her again a day or so ago. I was hoping for something more established. I’m going to have another look! Is she ref 256759?

Last edited:

Goldenstar

Visit site
Nope - mare might be easier. I saw her and considered her too young but did go back and look at her again a day or so ago. I was hoping for something more established. I’m going to have another look! Is she ref 256759?

Yes , if I was not going into hospital I would consider turning her over because I am getting bored .
We are all geldings here it’s easier to stay that way .
Shes not too tall that makes her very desirable .
I saw another not nice older (might not be perfect physically ) I cant remember where I try to find it again .
Thing is if the mare been well started and you are able to spend a little on help getting through the next stage she might end up cheaper than a more experienced higher mileage one who physically less perfect .
Shes too fat for her age she needs slimming down pdq .