Boggle’s comeback

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
You both look like you are having an amazing time! So lovely to see you out and about after such a long road to get there!
Any more outings planned?

Michen

Visit site
What a great post to read and watch! Given he is so buzzy jumping, he's lovely and relaxed for the dressage isn't he? I think it looked like a good start after two years, and the trot opened up a little after the canter so I'm sure next time you'll be able to ride him forward a bit more confidently.

The jumping looked amazing and the SJ didn't look particularly slow to me! What a shame about the TFs, but brilliantly done to get a happy DC after all your challenges and rehabbing :D

Thank you so much! Yes definitely improved after the canter!

I knew people were racking up time faults so I'd have had to jump a speedy round, but I do agree that 10 time faults seemed a little excessive. Obviously I was trying to keep him as steady and balanced as possible to prevent a slip, but it wasn't THAT slow!

I've never known an SJ course to be so influencial in a BE80 but it was really nice to know we were one of only a handful of combinations that didn't have a fence or a stop in either jumping phases.

Michen

Visit site
You both look like you are having an amazing time! So lovely to see you out and about after such a long road to get there!
Any more outings planned?

Thank you! xx

Yes I think Offchurch Bury, early July. They are so good with their ground and usually water the entire XC so it's a fairly safe bet.

Then we will see, he will hopefully give my friend/sharer a run around Aston mid august. Then I'll try and pack in autumn events.

Michen

Visit site
What a brilliant come-back. So well deserved after the 2 years of graft you have put in to get him back fit and well. He's enjoying it as much as you are!

Thank you! Can't quite say it was 2 years of graft, more like 16 months... but he hasn't evented for 2 years as for one reason or another we never ran post this time last summer!

Time flies x

humblepie

Visit site
Looks fab - he just loves the cross country which such a happy look on his face. Well done, superb day out.

Alibear

Visit site
Awesome report and I'm so very pleased to hear you both had a great day out. You've put so much hard work in over the last few years you both really deserved to get out and have some fun again. Long may it continue.

DressageCob

Visit site
This competition report brought a tear to my eye. What a fantastic comeback. The videos of him going cross country were just pure joy; that's a horse who thoroughly enjoys his job. It was an absolute pleasure to watch. What a credit to you to get him back on such fine form after all the worry of the last couple of years. Well done!

Michen

Visit site
This competition report brought a tear to my eye. What a fantastic comeback. The videos of him going cross country were just pure joy; that's a horse who thoroughly enjoys his job. It was an absolute pleasure to watch. What a credit to you to get him back on such fine form after all the worry of the last couple of years. Well done!
Absolutely brilliant, gotta luv a Boggle! The cuddle pic brought a tear to my eye - worth all the hard box rest, worry and difficult decisions along the way. Congratulations.

Thank you! Xx I am still a tad emotional myself.. utterly pathetic ?

I just bought the XC video, have never purchased one before and if I can get over the embarrassment of me professing my love for him the whole way around I may post it once I’ve got it ???

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Fantastic report, lovely pictures and really pleased you had such a successful day!

Your face and his pricked ears says it all!

???

SEL

Visit site
Thank you! Xx I am still a tad emotional myself.. utterly pathetic ?

I just bought the XC video, have never purchased one before and if I can get over the embarrassment of me professing my love for him the whole way around I may post it once I’ve got it ???
We're all emotional for you both too! Love those photos and please post the video so I can keep smiling

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i meant martingale, gag bit, and no yanking around. grackle is pretty normal for just hacking IMO, thought you had an ordinary snaffle so my mistake but he looked very nice in the mouth and happy..

Michen

Visit site
i meant martingale, gag bit, and no yanking around. grackle is pretty normal for just hacking IMO, thought you had an ordinary snaffle so my mistake but he looked very nice in the mouth and happy..

Ah thank you! I put the universal in for both jumping phases, but on the “snaffle” ring for SJ and the lower ring for XC. Which is a first as I’ve only ever jumped him in a snaffle but felt like I needed to be able to slow down with the ground.

Not that I did that for the xc, woops.

Sprat

Visit site
Loved watching those videos, I was smiling along with you! Really well done, so pleased for you both

Michen

Visit site
Fantastic!! You must be thrilled! And you’re right, he is pretty darn cool

He thinks so too ?

Oh this is brilliant! That photo of you hugging him after the cross country is just lovely.

Ahh thank you. Hiding my very soggy face!
Woo! Go go M and Boggle ??⚡

You two are such a great combination. So pleased for you.

That is a lovely comment thank you! And well done on always being so right about pretty much everything to do with him ??? xx