Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
We have had the most amazing summer! Lots of placings at 90 eventing, holidays, beach rides, camps, pub rides, pairs hunter trials with Bear. Just endless fun and Boggle is on the best form of his life. He’s so full of buzz, happy and knows he completely and utterly owns me in every way possible whilst at the same time always being 100% generous and on my side.

We never made it around our BE100 after two disastrous attempts. One where I fell off SJ (totally my fault, didn’t have a stride and did nothing resulting in.. the below!). One where I got my finger wrapped around the rein during a bad jump in a warm up and busted it, there was no way of going XC. But we finished on a 27.5 dressage at Calmsden champs where we would have been second but were apparently a minute under the optimum time ?‍♀️?.

Next week begins a whole new adventure for us both.

We are off to America! Specifically Denver, Colorado. My visa got approved at the embassy last week so I’m just waiting for my passport to be returned with it in. Boggle is leaving earlier than I thought, the 14th, to get to Amsterdam and then he flies to LA on the 18th. Three days quarantine then a few days overland to Colorado. So he’s actually going to be leaving before I am which is weird, though if all goes well he should arrive on a Sunday so I can be around to receive him.

It’s so strange to think this little runty, pain in the backside of a horse that I bought off Facebook has become such a huge part of my life that there is no way I’d go without him. Very excited to see what adventures the USA offer although I imagine they will be lacking for the first 6 months whilst I get my head down and work as I’ll be travelling a lot. So many different emotions about leaving and packing up, saying endless goodbyes and lots of tears but it’s all made much better knowing my biggest comfort will be there with me.

Here’s to the next chapter with my one in a million side kick!

Thanks HHO for half a decade of Boggle support when things were not quite so easy ?

D733DEFA-28C0-4F57-A2BA-560BFDC8D47F.jpeg1FE47554-153A-4C3E-8C7B-93BA70982BF3.jpegAA9C3C3D-EA17-44EB-B2C3-8FA82150DD91.jpeg1550E6AB-67C7-4AEF-999A-E826582CBD4B.jpegF4692520-7117-48E4-A4E9-911129A2BEF4.jpeg3E38DDD8-F811-4BC6-8C9F-A8632B3F9974.jpegA56B1B08-7C2A-4FA9-9B2D-46FA0DB3C432.jpeg463E15DB-A3BE-476F-A809-A3E2B72E0178.jpeg5CBBB2ED-FE74-4D82-B53F-4990BDE8F0D9.jpeg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Can't believe you're going to the USA!! So excited for you and that you're able to take the Boggly legend to continue to be your equine wingman stateside.

Safe travels to you and Bog x

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Wonderful photos of fabulous memories!

I look forward to hearing of your new adventures. For a few years, I went annually to near Denver (within an hour) annually for a good few years, it was a wonderful place. Are you in Denver itself, or nearby?

Strangely, I found that everyone loved the English accent and I had invites from everyone to come join them for meals, for days out, for visits... It was very different!

You must get to a rodeo, that is a sight to behold. I'm sure Boggle will soon be fitted up in western kit too.

Such lovely areas nearby. I was but a visitor but went walking in the mountains, riding, white water rafting and oh so many other things. I hope you get a chance to be a tourist too.

Michen

Visit site
Thanks guys I’m having a bit of a mental crises about the turnout after some insta stalking of potential barns. I feel a bit criminal subjecting him to the 1/5 acre dry lot situation :( though there are bigger herd type options if I want him to go more au natural. Need to see how he does with Colorado winter temps.

I guess I’ll just have to see how he gets on.

But really nervous I’m being selfish. That said, he is a pain in his Boggle way, so do kinda think he’s better off with me ?

Michen

Visit site
Well, I hang my head in shame, because I vaguely remember you showing me that first picture and me advising against buying him. How wrong was I.
Wishing you both the best of luck in your new life.

I don’t think anyone with any sanity would look at that first pic and think he was worth paying meat money for, so no shame there! ?

Michen

Visit site
Lovely photos showing the handsome Boggle. I will miss your competition reports but wish you all the best on your American adventure. Is your dog going as well?

im looking forward to your updates from America so please don’t forget us. :):)

Pepper staying here for a few months whilst I get sorted and find a permanent house :)

Of course I won’t. Couldn’t have survived horse ownership without you all!

Michen

Visit site
How on earth did you get a shipping date? I'm still over here waiting.. ?

So glad to hear that everything is a go!

I feel like such a tourist here in the US. So much food.

My neighbours cousin is shipping him and a slight misunderstanding meant he thought I meant asap, so moved things around. Tbh I’ll be in a state of chaos whether he arrives a week after I get there or two or three so he might as well arrive early and enjoy some sun on his back for a bit!!!!

Is yours ready to go?